Official The Queen Is Dead - Long Live The King!

Amazing display of what it means to be British today IMO.
God Save The King
Nobody does pageantry better than the British Armed Forces and supporting services.
What a credit to us and an advert for Great Britain.
God Save The King and long live the Monarchy.

“Fear not, for I am with thee” - Isaiah 41.10

Her Majesty was a fine Christian lady and she will be able to look her Maker in the eye as she is called to Glory.

We need have no fears for her eternal soul.

As she departs this life we give thanks for her decades of unstinting service to Country, Commonwealth and Mankind.

I am not religious but the reformation and Protestantism brought a massive sense of 'realism' to Christendom (we are born, we die and in-between we try and do the best we can).

Pentecostal and Evangelical Protestantism is the most popular and growing religion in the world and I am not surprised by that.

So, as an atheist (albeit being christened within the Church of Scotland) I will always support progressive human endeavours and with regard to the world wide Protestant community they have always been in the forefront of science, medicine, inventory and most things which have greatly improved the lives of human beings.

Last edited:
Do not post any drivel on this thread that has infected other similar ones or you will be banned.

Yes that means you. Not other people.

Aye. Turned to shite. Too many wallopers trying to be funny.
Sad, I'd come on to have a wee read after a busy day trying to fix this house. It's an infestation accross almost every thread these days with hundreds of comments folk wouldn't dare say in public but fine on a phone.

As it is, from what I have seen, I don't think I've seen any mention at all of her Majesty which is probably a good thing. What a magnificent person and servant to our people but even she would say her race is run and it's time to focus on our new monarch. Reality has set in and I'm now used to Charles being our king. For what it's worth I think he is very quickly settled in and will do a great job setting up for William.

Watched the whole thing and by the end I was exhausted.

Wonderful delivery as expected because nobody does ceremony and History as well as the Brits, mainly because nobody has the long established and lush ceremonies and History we do.

King Charles looked pretty tired throughout it all then seemed to perk up when it was all over. Must have been a very strange feeling for him taking the Crown while remembering his dear Mother.

God Save The King!

Hopefully the Coronation weekend feeling combined with a few changes will generate a spark from both the Team and fans.

It won't change nowt but winning every game remaining would at least stop the form slide.

If Hearts can spring a shock today and we take care of business itll setup the Old Firm game as nicely as possible under the circumstances.

Back