The Scottish Amateur Cup 2023/2024

Garrowhill put EKRR out in earlier rounds and were impressive. Hoping they can do it. Genuine amateur team, akin to Rolly, which makes their achievements all the more deserving. Steins management were c0ck sockets in last year’s semi so anyone but them will do me.
The Steins dugout can be very vocal, so can Sandys. There’s no real love lost between them and the East of Scotland Cup Final on Friday could be a bit of a game. Sandys taking a 72 seater bus through from their ‘scheme’.

The Steins dugout can be very vocal, so can Sandys. There’s no real love lost between them and the East of Scotland Cup Final on Friday could be a bit of a game. Sandys taking a 72 seater bus through from their ‘scheme’.
Both dugouts very vocal mate so hope the 4th has ear plugs. Steins love a wee rant on Facebook if they get beat. Always someone else’s fault. Sandy’s in the Semi were very vocal. Beat Stenhousemuir in the Semi. My mates brother plays for Stenhousemuir ex Pennies Syngenta. I’m sure like previous years game might be streamed live.

Sandys have a few boys in Scotland set up as well. Just back from a defeat on pens v Leinster. Steins have a few old heads in the team.

Should be a cracker on Friday night. As @Roscoblue says “could be a bit of a game”.

Best of luck to both teams and obviously the Match Officials. Thank the Lord “Specsavers “ sponsor them.

East of Scotland Cup Final Result

Steins Thistle 3 Sandys 2.
West of Scotland Final next Saturday night @1930 Broadwood

Bannockburn with @Gmcg95 in goals v Gartcosh

Then Big Scottish games

Garrowhill v Sandys @ Hamilton FC Monday 22nd - hope Garrowhill win. Sandys management are very poor. This could be a tasty affair.

Steins v Cupar @ Falkirk FC Friday 25th - this is repeat of Scottish Final from last year.

Half time at Broadwood, still goalless.

Bannockburn started the brighter but Gartcosh grew in and were probably edging it for the rest of the half.

Gartcosh number 9 up for an academy award after the game right enough.

Bannockburn missed a glorious chance (sitter) just before half time.

Still 0-0 after 90 mins.

Level enough second half without either keeper being troubled until the last minute of added time when the Gartcosh goalie made a very good save to deny Bannockburn from a corner.

Few meaty challenges towards the end so extra time could be interesting.

On to penalties. 0-0, couple of chances for both sides and a lot more tired players.

Not entirely sure Gartcosh haven't exceeded the allowed number of subs and/or substitution windows.

A few grown men need to have a look st themselves for their antics and diving.

And it's baltic.

On to penalties. 0-0, couple of chances for both sides and a lot more tired players.

Not entirely sure Gartcosh haven't exceeded the allowed number of subs and/or substitution windows.

A few grown men need to have a look st themselves for their antics and diving.

And it's baltic.
There’s no substitute windows mate. Allowed 5 from 7.

Gartcosh denied a stonewall penalty in the last minute of ET?
I'd have been looking for it.

Bannockburn skipper feels the contact and goes down and as a result he pulls the striker down. Ref gave the foul to Bannockburn.

Hard to tell without a replay but may have got away with one.

I'd have been looking for it.

Bannockburn skipper feels the contact and goes down and as a result he pulls the striker down. Ref gave the foul to Bannockburn.

Hard to tell without a replay but may have got away with one.
Not a chance, their striker Sawyers was pulling him full way. Good decision by the ref Pat O’Donnell who i thought had a good game in general

Not a chance, their striker Sawyers was pulling him full way. Good decision by the ref Pat O’Donnell who i thought had a good game in general
In fairness you were about 100 yards closer than I was so would be better placed to comment.

However, get off here and enjoy your beer!

First Semi Final tonight in the Scottish.

Garrowhill Thistle v Sandys
New Douglas Park @ 20:00

Good luck to everyone involved.

Some run for Garrowhill.

Heard that they are pretty much the same Tower Hearts team who won the cup a couple seasons ago then folded? Can anyone confirm.

Some run for Garrowhill.

Heard that they are pretty much the same Tower Hearts team who won the cup a couple seasons ago then folded? Can anyone confirm.
They signed 2 players this season. The rest of the boys came from East End Thistle’s under 21 team and Garrowhill boys.

Thanks guys. Great result for them and certainly wouldn’t have been anywhere near any predictions for the finalists this year.

Always felt like Sandys are perennial underachievers in the big cups - don’t travel well outside of Edinburgh.

Thanks guys. Great result for them and certainly wouldn’t have been anywhere near any predictions for the finalists this year.

Always felt like Sandys are perennial underachievers in the big cups - don’t travel well outside of Edinburgh.
Possibly because they can’t intimidate anyone outside their own scheme. Manager off, again, tonight.

Cheers everyone, not every day you win a major trophy let alone save 4/5 in the shootout. Must have been a lucky evening :))

Might not make our game tomorrow now
Must be cause I called you “The Cat” Greg. Great win and hopefully the hangovers are fine now. Disappointed you let one in but.

Big Greg Maitland would have saved 6 pens.

They are the St Pats of the East mate.

Discipline shocking. Management need to look at themselves. Similar in the East Final v Stein’s. I’m sure Twitter and Facebook- the referee will get it tight.

To say I am happy they got beat is an understatement. Well done Garrowhill. The old team were a great bunch of lads in the Central (Fosters). Defo some characters. Big Zander and the ginger striker Paul.

Next game Cupar v Steins. Falkirk Stadium Friday.

He'll be delighted to know he's reached the heights of FF discussion!
He can moan mate. Decent keeper in his day. Bannockburn always an experience. But one you enjoyed.

Greig now up at Sauchie with Fraser Duncan and Darren Cummings.

Garrowhill in a scottish final... wow

Wish my old teams were in this era haha
The days of Zander and Paul Mullen playing for Garrowhill will be long gone Gazza. The new boys are in town.

All the best in the Final. I think Cupar will edge out Stein’s. Steins touchlines not the greatest.

Garrowhill in a scottish final... wow

Wish my old teams were in this era haha
Congrats to Garrowhill, that’s some going getting to the Scottish final. I’m going back a decade or so but remember them when they played in the greater glasgow league, they were a decent side but I don’t remember them winning things, wee guy Jinxy was a good player.

Amazing achievement from them but not too sound too bitter ams football isn't what it used to be.

I played between 2000 and 2022 and I wouldn't change it tbf because it was so competitive and had some great times.

Well only thing I would have changed was Colville and Drum Utd not to pay players :)):eek:

Amazing achievement from them but not too sound too bitter ams football isn't what it used to be.

I played between 2000 and 2022 and I wouldn't change it tbf because it was so competitive and had some great times.

Well only thing I would have changed was Colville and Drum Utd not to pay players :)):eek:
Who did you play for?

The West of Scotland incorporating a 20s league with dual registration has been a bit of a death knell for the amateur game.

Guys of 18,19 who woulda been good amateur players are now playing 20s on a Friday night with the possibility of occasionally being on threads bench for some decent teams. Bit more kudos in saying "I play with the Bens" for example than saying you play amateur.

Everything about the Friday night under 20s is far more appealing than Saturady amateur for these guys. I woulda been the same if i had my time again.

Been same impact on the lower West of Scotland teams. A lot of guys who would filtered down the league from the top teams now play 20s for them and sit on the bench.

The West of Scotland incorporating a 20s league with dual registration has been a bit of a death knell for the amateur game.

Guys of 18,19 who woulda been good amateur players are now playing 20s on a Friday night with the possibility of occasionally being on threads bench for some decent teams. Bit more kudos in saying "I play with the Bens" for example than saying you play amateur.

Everything about the Friday night under 20s is far more appealing than Saturady amateur for these guys. I woulda been the same if i had my time again.

Been same impact on the lower West of Scotland teams. A lot of guys who would filtered down the league from the top teams now play 20s for them and sit on the bench.
Bang on. One of the biggest issues affecting the amateur game - not getting the same amount of new blood in every season due to this.

We got 5 from Sauchie Juniors 20’s at the start of the season who reached the age limit but weren’t being kept on, no doubt all 5 could have found another Junior side at a lower level because they are good players. But it’s good they didn’t or we’d have been struggling for a squad otherwise.

Bang on. One of the biggest issues affecting the amateur game - not getting the same amount of new blood in every season due to this.

We got 5 from Sauchie Juniors 20’s at the start of the season who reached the age limit but weren’t being kept on, no doubt all 5 could have found another Junior side at a lower level because they are good players. But it’s good they didn’t or we’d have been struggling for a squad otherwise.
The single biggest issues for the ammies game just now for me. Absolutely brutal trying to get boys from the 20s to play a Saturday.

Any proof of that? I played with them once upon a time and never received a penny...maybe I was hard done by? :D

Back