The Senior Leadership Group

He's still a top player, but if a bid comes I'd be happy to see him go. A case of thanks for everything and all the best. He's had a few off days but isn't as bad as people make out, however it is time for change.

I can't see a bid coming in for Goldson either, but an average jobber English team might take a punt.

With Barisic, Jack, Roofe and Lundstram out the door in the summer it's a good time to make sweeping changes.
Going forward I agree he’s up there with the best you can’t argue with the numbers but going back the way you have to question him at times. Whether that’s down to who he’s playing with who knows we can only judge that when the rest of the back 4 get changed I’m just sick of the same shite goals being shipped all the time and we never learn.

Going forward I agree he’s up there with the best you can’t argue with the numbers but going back the way you have to question him at times. Whether that’s down to who he’s playing with who knows we can only judge that when the rest of the back 4 get changed I’m just sick of the same shite goals being shipped all the time and we never learn.

His defending is ok when you consider the style of right back he is. Not going to get Sergio Porrini defending from him. The problem is he'd be able to rely on his pace & athleticism to get back while being able to charge forward. He's now lost a yard and his agility is fading.

Personally I think Goldson is the main culprit, and when left back is a mess it upsets the whole balance of the defence. Can't wait to see the back of Barisic.

Even if we forget today's nightmare, and even if this situation is turned around to win the treble, we need a change in summer.

Goldson, Tav and Lundstram have had a this odd, coveted and cosy bubble for years now and delivered failure after failure.

Barisic is another who has been here for years and served up the same muck.

They need to be removed for us to have any sustained success.
They should all %^*& off together!

His defending is ok when you consider the style of right back he is. Not going to get Sergio Porrini defending from him. The problem is he'd be able to rely on his pace & athleticism to get back while being able to charge forward. He's now lost a yard and his agility is fading.

Personally I think Goldson is the main culprit, and when left back is a mess it upsets the whole balance of the defence. Can't wait to see the back of Barisic.

Even if we forget today's nightmare, and even if this situation is turned around to win the treble, we need a change in summer.
You’re right about the style so I guess it’s a decision about what do we want as a defender going forward. In the bigger I think we get caught out to much down both wings we we’d need a change but in smaller games it’s good enough.
I don’t really know the answer it’s always after a defeat this comes up it’s a thought one because of all the goals tav contributes one things for sure next season our back 4 needs sorted

Tav has been a superb player.
But the County manager asked one of them to do a Maeda on Tav today and it worked.
And last few games Tav passing has been really awful - look at the cross field ball today hit right out of the park. Is it lack of focus? Is he playing injured?

I would keep Tav and push him up to RW. Goldson highest paid player on £35k should never have been allowed to happen. He should have been told he is free to leave after the EL final.

Yip no cash to sort out this mess whilst the mutants across the city rake in another 40 million.

We will be hanging onto their coattails for years to come.
This title was monumental for us as we had the cl money guaranteed for the last time. To chuck it so weakly is soul destroying.
Need replacements with fire in the belly, win at all cost attitude. And far more pace.

They are the biggest problem.

Dessers is also a massive fucking problem
A half decent striker scores 2 in the first half puting us on undeserved easy street, swap strikers and we also win the previous Parkhead game, you get the odd flash of genius (Betis) but you are correct he is a massive fvcking problem.

A half decent striker scores 2 in the first half puting us on undeserved easy street, swap strikers and we also win the previous Parkhead game, you get the odd flash of genius (Betis) but you are correct he is a massive fvcking problem.
Dessers is further from the required level than any single starting player we’ve had for years.

But folk are sick fed up of our core of leaders with their massive collections of losers medals

Seems they don’t have the bottle for a title fight & could cost us this year with silly mistakes or being too nervy at the business end of the season.

I hate this "aye but tav gets us out of trouble" I'd argue he is barely making up for the amount of schoolboy defending mistake he makes, his primary job as a RB is to defend and let's face it he's poor at it, goldson is done I would be more than happy if he was dropped for Balogun ( who's not ideal either but I'd say is slightly less prone to errors). JL has had his 5 game purple patch this season the rest he's a passenger.
Don’t say that on here lol

We thought (hoped) this was happening last summer with the "rebuild". But we stuck with the same losers and added diddies like Lammers and Dessers.

This title was monumental for us as we had the cl money guaranteed for the last time. To chuck it so weakly is soul destroying.
Need replacements with fire in the belly, win at all cost attitude. And far more pace.
Almost wish we hadn't clawed it back to gift it back to them.

The 'leadership group' are the first to crumble. They were as/more nervous as everyone last week, and they were the same today. That's not leadership.

They were responsible for each of the first half goals last week Zapp.

The most frustrating thing was, we were talking about it before the game last week, nervous about them turning up.

If we lost that game and the manager had dropped Tavernier and Goldson there would have been calls for his head. We haven’t reached far enough to the bottom for him to make that call. They still have an overwhelming influence over both us supporters and the playing team.

We need them to leave before we are going to be able to get a team that are worthy of our name. Even if it’s on a loan situation where we have to pay half their wages,getting them out of our team will be the most important thing Clement can do pre-season.

Problem we have with a lot of our players under contract is they are massively overpaid and it will be nearly impossible to shift them because of wages that’s why guys like Scott Wright are still here.

Our wage bill is absolutely insane at £64 million per year.

Get into a position of strength, throw it away in the daftest way possible.

Same old shit since 2018.

We need a change.
Yep

18/19, we finally beat them for the first time in years to go within touching distance of the top of the league before the winter break. Bottle it next game Vs Killie, then our arse completely collapsed a month later.

19/20, actually manage to go top of the league for a moment after winning at the piggery for the first time in ages, before yet again throwing it away a game later then collapsing within the next month.

20/21, Timplosion, no crowds, no pressure, we skoosh the league. Still bottle it twice in the 2 cups.

21/22, sitting top of the league at Xmas, only to bottle at Aberdeen, bottle it at Ross County before one of the most pathetic performances I've seen at the piggery. Bottle it against Malmö in the CL, somehow get to a EL final to their credit.

22/23, another pathetic capitulation at the piggery sets the tone for the season.

How many more examples do we need?

Must be close to £100k/week for the Tav-Goldson-Lundsttam trident.

We are well within our rights to expect them to stand up and be counted at this stage in the season.

Tavernier and Goldson have been the leaders of our team but they have delivered only one title. They have also got used to losing which is not acceptable in Rangers players. Along with Lundstram they have played their part but now it’s time for change. New younger leaders will emerge. Our strength used to be built on continual players changing. It was the time for players like Gough, Laudrup, Gascoigne and Albertz. The time is now overdue for Tav, Goldson , Barasic and Lundstram however the season goes.

Yep

18/19, we finally beat them for the first time in years to go within touching distance of the top of the league before the winter break. Bottle it next game Vs Killie, then our arse completely collapsed a month later.

19/20, actually manage to go top of the league for a moment after winning at the piggery for the first time in ages, before yet again throwing it away a game later then collapsing within the next month.

20/21, Timplosion, no crowds, no pressure, we skoosh the league. Still bottle it twice in the 2 cups.

21/22, sitting top of the league at Xmas, only to bottle at Aberdeen, bottle it at Ross County before one of the most pathetic performances I've seen at the piggery. Bottle it against Malmö in the CL, somehow get to a EL final to their credit.

22/23, another pathetic capitulation at the piggery sets the tone for the season.

How many more examples do we need?

Also in 18/19 early December we chucked a brief lead and all momentum dropping points to Aberdeen & Dundee.

LCF 2019 was a total bottle job, we dominated them and had enough chances to win 5-0.

Seville, getting ahead and comfortable. Then Goldson falls asleep at a routine clearance.

I actually thought the issue was Beale, and Clement had got them to find something in them, but it's clear our leadership on the pitch lacks that winning mentality. They embrace comfort, when they should be seeing that as a danger and doubling effort.

This would never happen if we had a Richard Gough, Ian Ferguson or Barry Ferguson in the dressing room.

Leaders rise to the top through successful achievements.
Leaders consistently deliver success, if not, they find themselves ousted.
Leaders are responsible for gelling stakeholders / customers / supporters (call them what you will), and pointing all of same, towards 1 unified direction, and further successes.
3 successes in 9 years under some so called "Leader", definitely shows that Leadership in that group is severely lacking.

Its Terms Of Reference needs a serious review, as do the overall contributions of all individuals within it.

For all the fawning over Tavernier the majority of his goals and contributions have counted for absolutely nothing.

We need leaders not losers.
In open play over his 8 seasons he has scored 16 goals in the league. That’s 2 goals from open play over an average of probably 35 games per year.

He had 100 touches of the ball today - he lost possession with 35 of those touches.

Tavernier and Goldson have been the leaders of our team but they have delivered only one title. They have also got used to losing which is not acceptable in Rangers players. Along with Lundstram they have played their part but now it’s time for change. New younger leaders will emerge. Our strength used to be built on continual players changing. It was the time for players like Gough, Laudrup, Gascoigne and Albertz. The time is now overdue for Tav, Goldson , Barasic and Lundstram however the season goes.
People will just talk about goals and how it can’t be blamed on them, but as some point we need to be honest and say acknowledge that they’re the 2 biggest reasons we’ve failed to win either of our last 2 games. Something has to change, it has to or I feel we’ll be having the same discussion we’ve been having for years next season too.

For the love of god even the biggest Tavernier fan must now realise his time is up. Wake up man
A better RCB covers Tav a lot more effectively.

We know Tav wants to spend as much time as possible upfield.

This is baby with the bath water stuff.

We will see pretty soon if the Manager mixes things up, as he has to do due to the recent non performances.

If he goes on selecting the same underperforming players then we have a real problem going forward.

A better RCB covers Tav a lot more effectively.

We know Tav wants to spend as much time as possible upfield.

This is baby with the bath water stuff.
He's getting too old to play that way now anyway.

He can't defend, he can't get up and down the line, but most importantly he is a perpetual loser, and "leads" a team to failure constantly.

He needs to go, along with Goldson and Lundstram (and many others).

Want them gone.

They've bottled it far too often now and this was their best opportunity to show they were up for a title race. Tavernier, Goldson, Lundstram have reverted back to the form that got two of our previous managers sacked and exhibited the same under Gerrard as well.

We've put one in our Hall of Fame ffs.

I’ve been saying for years that Goldson is a liability and been ridiculed on here for doing so. Best CB at the club etc. So what? It doesn’t stop him being rotten, and an absolute liability.

We’ve needed a new defence for a long long time now. Way overdue, and it’s cost us multiple league titles now. Goldson himself cost us a European cup and I’ll never forgive him for it.

Taverner is the only one who can put up a case to be retained as his individual numbers are more than good enough. However, it's pretty obvious that we rely far too heavily on him and others in the team constantly look to him to dig us out of trouble, frankly he can't do it everytime. His status as a talisman undermines our performances as a team and the fact that we're going to end another season with our highest scoring player being our RB is everything that is wrong with us.

We're never going to replace Tav in terms of output from that position, but we'd be mad to try. It creates such an imbalanced team and we need to move on from the key components of this squad in the summer if we're to have any chance of success, otherwise we'll likely have another 15-20 goal season from our RB again next year but we will end up with nothing meaningful to show for it.

The biggest problem in the squad.

Serial runners up. No winning mentality from the top. Consistently buckling under pressure domestically.

We are categorically not going to be a successful, winning team with weak senior players.

Back