The Senior Leadership Group

Is it a shock that from a very poor start to the game our two worst performers by far were Tav and Goldson. That’s not an ability issue it’s clearly a temperament issue. Anytime the chips are down they just don’t have the required mettle.
The players you look to when in a battle are the ones the Original Poster highlighted and is spot on.
I would also add Lawrence to the exit list as he's as slow as hell and doesn't really offer anything.
Silva is the most overrated player I have ever seen with a sense of entitlement when he is dug meat

We need to drop Goldson and Tav and play Sterling at RB & Balogun at CB.
Get them out as we fall away with a whimper again

As i already said several times it is not good and healthy for a squad when you have a Group of Players that will play whatever happens. No matter how they play or even if they are not fit. If you are a right back in the Rangers Youth you could be the best player in the Country you would never get a Game.

Get This Group out of the Club. Not in the Summer - now. And all the shitebag Fans who are scared to play other Players in This Time of the seasons are not better Than the Managers to refuse to let Tavernier or Goldson out of the teams.

All 4 were horrendous today.

Goldson has gone, We are getting nothing out of him. Concedes penalties and pings long balls.

Lundstum loves to slow it down to snails pace even when you need 3 goals.

Tav woeful today, His crossing and distribution miles off and the less said about his defending the better.

Barrasic. Leave now FFS
Hard to argue with any of that.

Tav contributes at times going forward but defensive is lacking.

Goldson is done.

Barisic least said about him the better but he lacks what is required both physically and mentally.

Lundstram wants a pay rise to stay. He improved when Phil came in. He's gone back to pre Phil sluggishness and can go.

Tavs ridiculously bad corners, his inability to find a Rangers player with a simple pass and don’t start me in his defending.

Goldson is so sh1t in the air for a defender, every second touch is a tackle because he fails to control a ball.

Lundstram, runs like he’s towing a caravan, every pass is sideways.

All crap and all need to go!

Goldson's legs have gone and he simply cannot play for us again.
Lundstram never turns up domestically when we need him,he wont be missed.
Unless they can find a role for Tavernier further forward he has to go because his defending is amateurish

Butland, Sterling, Yilmaz, Souttar, Diomande, Cantwell, Sima and Danilo. These are about the only players I'd say we need to keep. Get rid of the rest for all I care

We should have gone into this season in succession planning mode. What that would have looked like is we would have signed two players who we would have identified as potential long-term replacements for Tav and Goldson. Let them know their places aren't guaranteed. Use the new guys when opportunities presented themselves or when form dipped. If the new guys impressed, they get a run and the veteran starts to get eased out. What we eventually did with Yilmaz and Barisic.

I thought Sterling was maybe that player for Tav, but then Beale just never used him. And Beale's season was obviously just a disaster all round (which finally appears to have been our undoing). But Sterling has also since been required to deputise all over the park thanks to our chronic injuries and because other guys aren't good enough in their own positions.

To Tav's credit, he's dug us out of a hell of a lot of holes with his goals and assists. I'm not as fed up with him as I am Goldson, who is marshalling a defence that has failed one too many times at the wrong moment and contributes hardly any goal threat at the other end.

It's not the only problem - our major undoing has again been the chronic lack of goals across the team, with all the goals coming from the same three or four guys (one of whom is Dessers). - but it is a problem and it needs addressed right now.

They are the biggest problem.

Dessers is also a massive fucking problem
Couldn't put it better. This squad didn't want to go to the tattiehad with it in our own hands. We can't handle that pressure. So we will go there with a whim of hope. And will be beaten by a hungrier team of player that can handle pressure. They should be walking home after that.

For all the fawning over Tavernier the majority of his goals and contributions have counted for absolutely nothing.

We need leaders not losers.
Get him out
I’m just fed up with the same shite performances from the same group of players, it doesn’t even surprise me anymore. You know when they make a mistake the reaction they will have.

The way it looks now is we need them to drop points against someone else and we win every game left and going on todays performance I just don’t know if this group can.

If we came away with a cup double this season I think I’d be disappointed with the season for some weird reason.
The Cups unfortunately mean nothing as we have lost the main target

Tav, for all his goals and contributions, has another year left.

Goldson should be first out the door followed by Barasic with Lundstrum right behind.

Same old shite from the same old faces.

Agreed with this. Although I'd be happy to sell Tavernier if an offer came in as we need the funds elsewhere and Sterling can take his place.

Goldson needs replaced, ironically by a Katic type defender.

Wouldn't renew Lundstram's contract, Diomande is here to replace him IMO.

Need to hope Danilo makes a full recovery as Dessers for all his contributions just isn't good enough.

Roofe, Barisic and Jack will be gone and free up wages without weakening the first team.

Get him out

The Cups unfortunately mean nothing as we have lost the main target
I know it would be such a weird feeling to possibly walk away with a cup double and feel disappointed this game has left me gutted

Agreed with this. Although I'd be happy to sell Tavernier if an offer came in as we need the funds elsewhere and Sterling can take his place.

Goldson needs replaced, ironically by a Katic type defender.

Wouldn't renew Lundstram's contract, Diomande is here to replace him IMO.

Need to hope Danilo makes a full recovery as Dessers for all his contributions just isn't good enough.

Roofe, Barisic and Jack will be gone and free up wages without weakening the first team.
Let’s be honest nobody’s buying tav, we’d have had bids before now. He’s not that good at defending. He scores a shit load of goals but his main job is a defender and in the big games we let on way too many goals

I know it would be such a weird feeling to possibly walk away with a cup double and feel disappointed this game has left me gutted
Think it's like 300k a Cup whereas the Other Mob are laughing all the way to 40m again. We needed that money more than them and now they can push on and really leave us behind as we need serious investment on the pitch and I don't see where the money is coming from as we spent nothing in Jan either.
I also wouldn't play Silva the rest of the season as after his antics last week and on a whole he is a man down in attack

Goldson, Tav and Lundstram have had a this odd, coveted and cosy bubble for years now and delivered failure after failure.

Barisic is another who has been here for years and served up the same muck.

They need to be removed for us to have any sustained success.
Had enough of all of them, glad too see the back of them

From the very start today you saw they were going to have a go. You have a go at Goldson and he shits the bed. Id get rid of them and only keep tav if he was played further forward and stripped of captaincy. Never a captain in a million years.

Barasic and Goldson need to go.

Think it's like 300k a Cup whereas the Other Mob are laughing all the way to 40m again. We needed that money more than them and now they can push on and really leave us behind as we need serious investment on the pitch and I don't see where the money is coming from as we spent nothing in Jan either.
I also wouldn't play Silva the rest of the season as after his antics last week and on a whole he is a man down in attack
Silva for me isn’t suited to football up here and the money we’d need would be better spent elsewhere. I don’t think we have many sellable assets and the ones we do have would weaken our team and would need replaced and leave us weaker so I don’t know what we’d do

Silva for me isn’t suited to football up here and the money we’d need would be better spent elsewhere. I don’t think we have many sellable assets and the ones we do have would weaken our team and would need replaced and leave us weaker so I don’t know what we’d do
It's grim

Goldson shouldn’t have been renewed after the Scottish Cup Final 2 years ago.

He played us all season long that year until he got his deal and he hasn’t been the same player since.
Think he wanted to leave and thought teams in England would be queueing up. Nobody was interested so he suddenly fancied it again

Tav can score/assist as much as he likes, if he is going to bottle every time we have a title challenge then he is zero use to us.
People can’t see past that though.

There’s no doubting his goal scoring ability, but his mentality and defending is of a loser. He can score all the goal he wants, but ultimately he’ll go down as one of the biggest bottle merchant Captain’s we’ve ever had.

As I’ve said in other threads, I think what the team lacks is natural winners, players that know what it’s like to win and know how to go out and win games because they want it more and have the passion, determination and the drive to win leagues.

When was the last time we had a player that you could see had that winning mentality and drive to win?

Take away the European final & they would've been moved on years ago.

We've all been far too forgiving of them, and dwelled on the thought that they can surely win a title if they can get to a European final.

They can't, we've known for years they can't deep down.

You’d be absolutely embarrassed to be outed as a member of a leadership group within this squad.

The 7 dwarfs were led with more grit and determination

How are the same group able to continually pull the wool over different managers eyes?

Goldson, Tav and Lundstram have had a this odd, coveted and cosy bubble for years now and delivered failure after failure.

I’ve said it forever….since Beale named them all….Tav, Goldson Lundstram Barasic Roofe, McLaughlin, Balogun, Davis, Cantwell, Lawrence….they can all go as far as I’m concerned for the money we pay them….there is far better out there to be had, who are young and hungry and willing to fight and work hard!!

They along with barasic are a disease in our club that need punted absolute failures and gutless spinless chancers... add dessers and wright in there as a waste of a jersey and silvas shocking attitude that's half a team... you then look at raskin, lawrence roofe another 3 ... just about nearly a full team needed gutted out ... absolutely unacceptable

For all the fawning over Tavernier the majority of his goals and contributions have counted for absolutely nothing.

We need leaders not losers.
There’s a reason most teams don’t have such a right back. They don’t leave glaring holes all over the defence and midfield to accommodate it. We are a strange team.

I would keep Tavernier.

Goldson and Lunny however - time is up.

Lundstram plays the most important role in our team and is nowhere near good enough to do so.
Why would u keep Tav?
It’s clear he isn’t the same player he was a season or 2 ago and even then he was defensively suspect. He isn’t gona get any fitter or defensively better imo and is getting targeted by opposition and we are conceding far too many goals from the RHS.
The whole back 4 in addition to Davies and Balogun need sold or released.

Need energy and pace in midfield. Lundstram bar a few Eureopean games hasn’t been worth the wages . Cantwell has ability but flatters to deceive imo.

I don’t think we will see the loan players return next season. We will be forced to sell Butland as we need the money .

Not one part of the team u could say is ok and doesn’t need improvement.

Less said about Dessers the better

Tav's always had his flaws but he's in the team because no one else is giving us the goals and assists he does. That'd be ok if the other three mentioned weren't so woeful these days.

I wouldn't push Tav out just yet but Goldson, Lundstram and Barisic can go as soon as the season is over.

The manager needs to deconstruct this group and bring in new blood in the summer.

If he can’t see this like the previous managers didn’t I’ll just be baffelt.

“Senior Leadership Group”

Did anyone think there was any leadership on that field today?
If thats what their leadership amounted to, then the group needs disbanded and shown the door.
There was no leadership, completely disjointed with no direction or cohesion.
What I saw was an assumption of victory rather than making it happen.
There is something far wrong when they cant string two passes together, show urgency, drive and ambition.

Of course, when the “Senior Leadership Group” is making the most mistakes, maybe the rest are just following their example.

Our leaders, as such, have failed us many, many more times than they've saved us or led us to success. They're simply not fit to lead a Rangers team.

Tavernier was awful today, but scored a penalty and ran around a bit more once we conceded the third. So what a mentality eh.
Goldson is in the worst form of his career and needs dropped.
Lundstram has been dire for weeks, quite clearly he's earned himself a new deal and he's reverting to type instead of these purple patches we sometimes see.
Barisic should never have played for us again after whatever disgusting performance you want to mention.

The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same things and expecting different results, this applies completely to this “leadership group” and our never ending reliance on them doing anything other than what they have always done and thats lose or bottle it.

Let’s be honest nobody’s buying tav, we’d have had bids before now. He’s not that good at defending. He scores a shit load of goals but his main job is a defender and in the big games we let on way too many goals

He's still a top player, but if a bid comes I'd be happy to see him go. A case of thanks for everything and all the best. He's had a few off days but isn't as bad as people make out, however it is time for change.

I can't see a bid coming in for Goldson either, but an average jobber English team might take a punt.

With Barisic, Jack, Roofe and Lundstram out the door in the summer it's a good time to make sweeping changes.

Back