Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Depends how the contract is done.

I always thought that if you had an option to buy with an agreed price, you only discussed terms with the player when you activated the clause.

Apparently though its more common for the contract to be agreed at the start of the loan. If the buying club then agrees to meet the terms, the contract is activated.

If that what APOEL have with the boy, then if they activate the clause, he will effectively move to them, and we would have to then buy from APOEL if we wanted him.

He can still reject it if he wants to go elsewhere.

Cortes coming back and he's getting a pal ala Kerkar (I know hes probably far better than Kerkar). We are so back baby

I asked why Koppen is going to Mexico and he said that it is the same type of meeting where they worked out the Cortes transfer. Apparently a load of clubs get together and it's like speed dating where you spend time with other teams recruitment head
That’s right. He was at one in Italy last month. TransferRoom its called

Next one is in Cancun

I asked why Koppen is going to Mexico and he said that it is the same type of meeting where they worked out the Cortes transfer. Apparently a load of clubs get together and it's like speed dating where you spend time with other teams recruitment head
Ask him how Cortes is finding it at Rangers, I wanna know how keen he is to sign for us permanently

I remember Celtic did this with a striker called Mo Bangura. There were two Banguras at the same club and the guy they signed looked like the Dad.
They also did it with a lad called Macleod from Dumbarton. They wanted to sign Alastair, who at the time was the far better player, but ended up signing his brother Murdo.

To be fair it kind of worked out. Mainly due to Murdo taking full advantage of the opportunity.

Cortes hasn't spent a lot of time in Glasgow apparently as his rehab has been in France? I think that's what he said but I'm not too used to Colombian slang. Puerta would be a loan I think he said. Cortes is definite though according to this guy. I have just bought another bottle of red so I'm probably not going to update much as I will be a wee bit tipsy

Cortes hasn't spent a lot of time in Glasgow apparently as his rehab has been in France? I think that's what he said but I'm not too used to Colombian slang. Puerta would be a loan I think he said. Cortes is definite though according to this guy. I have just bought another bottle of red so I'm probably not going to update much as I will be a wee bit tipsy
just you get it telt B-)

While capable of playing in a deeper role when without possession, Gustavo Puerta is an offensive minded central midfielder. He has a high work rate and is willing to drop deep in order to initiate build up play with the defenders. A direct player, he is constantly scanning the field looking to incorporate the forwards and wingers in order to initiate an attack. He has a strong right foot and is often playing long through balls over the top of defenders in order to catch the opposition flat footed. This also makes him very adept at taking corners and free place kicks and is the designated taker for both club and country.

As mentioned earlier, he is a complete midfielder who is also capable of contributing with his defensive attributes. While not physically imposing, he uses smart positioning to find himself in the right place to win the ball back and quickly initiate a counter attacking opportunity. When his team is not capable of playing directly over the top of the opposition, he looks to drop back and link up play between the defenders and other midfielders to regain tempo and control of the game.

Yowsers!

They also did it with a lad called Macleod from Dumbarton. They wanted to sign Alastair, who at the time was the far better player, but ended up signing his brother Murdo.

To be fair it kind of worked out. Mainly due to Murdo taking full advantage of the opportunity.
A better example is when a Fiorentina scout went to Argentina to sign Diego La Torre from Boca Juniors.
The scout saw his teammate play and signed him instead.
The teammate was a certain Gabriel Batistuta.

Back