Official Tom Lawrence announced

This doesn't scream a guy Gio would have his eye on. Smacks of a cheap board signing. Hope to %^*& there isn't trouble behind the scenes.
Honestly this is a very very good signing at the right age too. He was being talked of very highly about 2 years ago before their struggles. People talking about his numbers are frankly stupid. He’s been playing in a team obviously going down and a club in a mess. Hardly the same as what he will be at Ibrox. Not now. He’s a player and I’ve a few derby mates that rate him highly. Getting players in for not much layout due to contract situation is exactly what we should be doing. Ie joe Aribo

Was a genuine question. I bet it’s not far off Lawrence’s stats.

Anyway, stats don’t tell the whole picture. Some on here used stats to pretend Souttar was better than Goldson.

Lawrence will hopefully keep Kent on his toes and push him further. He also brings versatility and the ability to make things happen. Maybe Kent watching and playing alongside Lawrence will give him more confidence to have a pop at goal more often.

It certainly won’t be long before we watch Lawrence rattle a 25 yarder top bin.
Stats are for twats. This lad is a player, seen him a few times. Like a very decent wright but obviously better. Great bit of business for me.

I know nothing about him.

His high point of his career has been playing for a less than stellar Derby side where he hadn’t exactly set the world alight. Does anyone genuinely think this player is likely to play a major part in getting us close to the filth?

I obviously hope he does well with us and is a hidden diamond, but have to say I’m not excited one bit by this signing. Our transfer window hasn’t exactly been thrilling so far.
Bloody hell mate, cheer up ffs.

His high point of his career has been playing for a less than stellar Derby side where he hadn’t exactly set the world alight. Does anyone genuinely think this player is likely to play a major part in getting us close to the filth?

I obviously hope he does well with us and is a hidden diamond, but have to say I’m not excited one bit by this signing. Our transfer window hasn’t exactly been thrilling so far.
Mate, just wait till he smashes one in from 35 yards against that lot. Which he is more than capable of doing and gallus enough to try.

Showed real leadership on and off the pitch last season in arguably the most traumatic season in Derby County's history, and all this after his well publicised personal issues.

Rangers getting him on a free, we've absolutely won a watch there.

Mate, just wait till he smashes one in from 35 yards against that lot. Which he is more than capable of doing and gallus enough to try.

Showed real leadership on and off the pitch last season in arguably the most traumatic season in Derby County's history, and all this after his well publicised personal issues.

Rangers getting him on a free, we've absolutely won a watch there.
Cheers mate always good to get an inside view as it were. ;)

Maybe ive missed, but can someone elighten me on the length of the deal? Seems bizarre it hasnt been mentioned?

You don't think we are close to the filth?

Of all the bizarre statements I've seen on here about Super Tom, and there have been some outrageous ones, this definitely wins the prize.

To be fair to the guy none of our signings so far have an obvious Gio stamp about them i.e someone from Dutch football that he’s worked with before or been scouting. I tend to agree that our first three signings have been previously scouted and Gio has signed off on them. Not to say there is anything wrong with that by the way

Just say it as I’ve seen it lads, he was very inconsistent for derby and his weekly wages will be quite high, he was on 37k a week at derby. Hope he turns out to realise his potential but I’m just not positive about this one.
Not saying you’re wrong about his Derby wages but no way are we paying him £37k a week

Was a genuine question. I bet it’s not far off Lawrence’s stats.

Anyway, stats don’t tell the whole picture. Some on here used stats to pretend Souttar was better than Goldson.

Lawrence will hopefully keep Kent on his toes and push him further. He also brings versatility and the ability to make things happen. Maybe Kent watching and playing alongside Lawrence will give him more confidence to have a pop at goal more often.

It certainly won’t be long before we watch Lawrence rattle a 25 yarder top bin.
I agree about stats lot of rubbish but dont you think its time to give Souttar a break.

You, and the gang, said he was hopeless, useless and whatever other terms you use for anyone that does not have a great score or value on transferthingwaysite, you were wrong totally wrong... so move on and give the lad the same respect you seem happy to give every other signing that comes from any league that isnt ours.

This is up there with the most idiotic posts I've seen on here.

I agree about stats lot of rubbish but dont you think its time to give Souttar a break.

You, and the gang, said he was hopeless, useless and whatever other terms you use for anyone that does not have a great score or value on transferthingwaysite, you were wrong totally wrong... so move on and give the lad the same respect you seem happy to give every other signing that comes from any league that isnt ours.

Saying you don’t rate someone as high as Goldson doesn’t mean you think they are hopeless and useless. Injuries were the concern, not a lack of footballing ability. We’ll see what Souttar is all about in a Rangers jersey and take it from there.

We have a section of our support that want us to follow a Barcelona model and spend every penny possible on players and have no thought for the consequences.

some never learn. They also need a whipping boy. Last year it was Ryan Jack until he rammed their words where the sun don’t shine. This year they will have a new target. WiSH they would go the rugby TBH.

Some of the negativity on here makes me think that there may be some dark forces at work. If it’s not lurkers causing trouble - and therefore genuine Bears being critical before a ball is kicked - can you just lay off and wait to see what the boy can do?

When you've got folk moaning simply because he shares the same nationality as Aaron Ramsey it does make you wonder. Quite sinister really.

All these critics in the transfer thread, wonder if they are happy now, probably not.

Rangers doing their work quietly and efficiently.

Hold onto your hats !
And you can bet these people are the same ones who will judge someone after their first mistake as ‘ he’s shite’. There are many of them on here.

Not saying you’re wrong about his Derby wages but no way are we paying him £37k a week
A free agent, I imagine a hefty signing on fee and decent wage would be included, Derby were the architects of their own downfall to be fair I think they paid something like £10m for him and paid him 37k a week.

Back