Official UEFA Champions League play-off round draw - Rangers or Servette v PSV or Sturm Graz

Should be Tuesday 22nd home and Wednesday 30th away then if Young Boys are the Wed / Tue given Servette are still active

I'm not to worried about Servette, I think Beale will have us set up for this , PSV(if they get past Strum Graz)will be tougher obviously, but i can see Beales trying out a new set up this season with a more narrow formation (albeit it was shit against Killie) that would be better in Europe with teams attacking and not sitting behind the ball like most teams do in this country. I think Beale's got something up his sleeve for these European games Here's hoping so!

I’m not giving PSV a second thought at this stage, focus fully on the Swiss. By f()ck, we really need to up our game on Wednesday and I have a feeling we will. Forever the optimist.

2 nil Rangers.
We’re miles away from being a unit right now, I’m just praying we’d get into the CL by hook or by crook,
Would not put my mortgage on us winning on wed sadly
As for the league, hopefully it turns out to be the tortoise & hare situation

If it's anything like last years cl games I'd rather not bother.
Was a pure and utter embarrassment start to finish barring the qualifiers.
7-1 at home against Liverpool was probably one of if not the worst result in our history.
Undoubtedly was.
How Salah can score a hat trick after coming on as a sub, is utterly disgusting.
After his second goal, he should have been taking rotational hard tackles every time he had the ball.
I was repelled by Borna that night, he got his area felt and reacted with the heart of a mouse on his home ground, dreadful.

I am anxious about us getting into the CL group stages again.

1st leg of PSV v Strum Graz on TNT sports 1 tomorrow night

This won't be as entertaining as my last scouting expedition as the commentary team for Servette were absolutely great :D

I'll have a power point to send on to Beale for this match.

was Xavi Simons a clause? seems a bit low as he looked a talented player

positive posts not exactly accepted here but I'd agree with this, a lot of our players looked as if they'd never seen a pitch like Killie in their lives. Yes, we didn't play well but there was a point early in the game when Lammers tried one of the moves we've seen in pre-season, the ball didn't bounce the way he expected and he had a "WTF" expression on his face

Yes, PSG had a buy back clause for Simons.

Anyway, on current form any draw would be tough. Just got to take it one game at a time.

Pricing up PSV away the now, can get my boy and I there, flights and digs for about £500.

Don't wanna get too much ahead of myself, Sturm Graz and Servette could f**k that right up!

I think we will do servette but can’t be arsed with PSV because the whole revenge shite.

They are weaker than last year and we are still to be proven as stronger or weaker because let’s face reality, we beat them when we were playing poorly.

Check flights from Edinburgh to Eindhoven for that week and direct one way but a stop on way there at 110 pounds start when I checked this afternoon

Edinburgh - Brussels Charleroi £65 return, out Wednesday morning back Thursday morning. 124 miles from Eindhoven. Ryanair.

Last edited:
Stop being a dick. Cheers :))
Bit harsh mate. Imagine I told you to stop being a dick. We are all entitled to our opinion, free speech and all that. Facts are: Servette are no pushovers. Our early season form is questionable. We could have done with more time before this tie to give us a chance.

We’re miles away from being a unit right now, I’m just praying we’d get into the CL by hook or by crook,
Would not put my mortgage on us winning on wed sadly
As for the league, hopefully it turns out to be the tortoise & hare situation
As mentioned previously mate, I’m forever the optimist. Wednesday will tell us a lot about this team. I refuse to write off players that have played 90 minutes at Rugby Park on a bowling carpet.

Beale needs to sort it. The squad is good enough (bar a couple of defenders),

As posted in the link Uefa have confirmed the dates

1st leg is Tuesday 22nd August at Ibrox

2nd leg is Wednesday 30th August either at Eindhoven or Graz
For once the dates look like they would be in my favour should we get there. I messed up and said yes to a job on 29th in London so wouldn't have been able to make the away leg if it had been on the 29th.

As mentioned previously mate, I’m forever the optimist. Wednesday will tell us a lot about this team. I refuse to write off players that have played 90 minutes at Rugby Park on a bowling carpet.

Beale needs to sort it. The squad is good enough (bar a couple of defenders),
Thought the reaction after the killie game was nuts, with some throwing tantrums like wee kids, with some conceding the league already which is mental
I knew this team would take time to gel, that’s just an unavoidable fact, so I wasn’t expecting us to tear up any trees from the kick off
MB needs time which is fine, but he’ll also know it’s a double edged sword with us, great when things are going well, but the flip side is the pressure & non stop criticism when we do what we did in the last game
At least now the new players will know that too, which is not a bad thing
Like you said, we’ll find out what the team’s made of on wed

Back