Waiting List 22/23

Another update from TO after i asked them if they had sold out of season tickets and how long will the process take

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We will make offers of season tickets to people when they are at the top of the list.

I'm afraid the waiting list is quite extensive and it is not possible for us to provide regular updates.

Kind Regards,

Alastair Manderson

Another update from TO after i asked them if they had sold out of season tickets and how long will the process take

Good Afternoon,

We will make offers of season tickets to people when they are at the top of the list.

I'm afraid the waiting list is quite extensive and it is not possible for us to provide regular updates.

Kind Regards,

Alastair Manderson
We will make offers of season tickets to people when they are at the top of the list....well who knew!!

Good Afternoon,

Kind Regards,

Alastair Manderson

Reads like "please stop emailing us"

Good Afternoon,

Kind Regards,

Alastair Manderson
absolute bullshit of a reply

Good Afternoon,

Kind Regards,

Alastair Manderson
the waiting list contains those also not interested in a ST .

It's just so poor from a communication and customer service perspective.

The ticket office should be able to tell us from either a certain point (or best-case, up-to-that-minute) where they've got to on the list. How is Alastair making an offer to someone if it's impossible to have regular updates of what points total we're at?

Good grief have patience.
They have ready told us weeks ago that the top of the list has 1900 points.
So 1900,1899,1898,1897,1896,1895..........
All done with paper, pencil and spreadsheet.
This isn't the 21 century century you known.

Some people are just never satisfied .There has been at least one unconfirmed account of someone getting a season ticket on here.
What do you want next blood ?

Good grief have patience.
They have ready told us weeks ago that the top of the list has 1900 points.
So 1900,1899,1898,1897,1896,1895..........
All done with paper, pencil and spreadsheet.
This isn't the 21 century century you known.

Some people are just never satisfied .There has been at least one unconfirmed account of someone getting a season ticket on here.
What do you want next blood ?
A season ticket probably

Not looking promising for offers this year. Can only think that offers went to so many in the last 2 seasons as 2 seasons ago was a donation to the club due to crowd restrictions and last year started during the pandemic also with no guarantees on further crowd restrictions. People on here with 800 points plus and still no offers

Not looking promising for offers this year. Can only think that offers went to so many in the last 2 seasons as 2 seasons ago was a donation to the club due to crowd restrictions and last year started during the pandemic also with no guarantees on further crowd restrictions. People on here with 800 points plus and still no offers
Looks like you are right mate. Really disappointing for those who cant get one.

Looks like you are right mate. Really disappointing for those who cant get one.
Yip gutted for everyone who wont get this year,looks like there wil be a real waiting list from now on,not like one where people just show an intrest.And mygers will have to be bought and points added a long time to get near one as long as the team continue to be succesfull.

Are STH in the back row of the Govan Rear having to be moved elsewhere whilst the work on the new hospitality suite is done? If so you may see ST become available once this is complete

Are STH in the back row of the Govan Rear having to be moved elsewhere whilst the work on the new hospitality suite is done? If so you may see ST become available once this is complete
Yeah think there are folk displaced, depends if they are displacing full rows or just doing it by sections.

Here’s a situation.

I’ve got a season ticket and absolutely desperate to get my 4 year old son his own season ticket. Now he’s obviously too young to attend games and sit on his own so how does he get his points up to get a season ticket any time soon. It’s a bit of a farce which is risking young kids from being able to see their team for a long long time. If this keeps up he’s unlikely able to get a season ticket until he’s well into his teens.

In my opinion, the club need to split available season ticket fairly between young kids and those with large points numbers. This would then allow seat swaps (hopefully) to sit with their parent.

Here’s a situation.

I’ve got a season ticket and absolutely desperate to get my 4 year old son his own season ticket. Now he’s obviously too young to attend games and sit on his own so how does he get his points up to get a season ticket any time soon. It’s a bit of a farce which is risking young kids from being able to see their team for a long long time. If this keeps up he’s unlikely able to get a season ticket until he’s well into his teens.

In my opinion, the club need to split available season ticket fairly between young kids and those with large points numbers. This would then allow seat swaps (hopefully) to sit with their parent.
Its in a gridlock situation just now mate,there are many in the family stand now whose children are now overage for there but theres no where else in stadium to put them.Would be intresting to know what the clubs solution is,just kicking the can down the road probably.

Its in a gridlock situation just now mate,there are many in the family stand now whose children are now overage for there but theres no where else in stadium to put them.Would be intresting to know what the clubs solution is,just kicking the can down the road probably.
Well, there's an obvious solution - but it wouldn't sit well with many. First thing the Club should do every season, before even looking at Seat Swaps or new Season Ticket Holders, is try to shift those who are over-age out of the Family Stand and into those vacant seats around the Stadium. That frees up a much bigger selection in the Family Stand for our new, young Bears and ensures the Stand actually does stay as a Family Stand, with our younger supporters in there.

Down side is, it makes Seat Swaps and new STs harder to come by.

Here’s a situation.

that's the way i feel, i'm in similar situation. it just makes it harder for kids to get involved which isn't good

we probably need to expand the stadium but that's another story

Well, there's an obvious solution - but it wouldn't sit well with many. First thing the Club should do every season, before even looking at Seat Swaps or new Season Ticket Holders, is try to shift those who are over-age out of the Family Stand and into those vacant seats around the Stadium. That frees up a much bigger selection in the Family Stand for our new, young Bears and ensures the Stand actually does stay as a Family Stand, with our younger supporters in there.

That is broadly what happens currently tbf

The issue is that renewal rates are incredible

Here’s a situation.

I get your point mate but if you were on the waiting list and had been spending cash to accrue points it would be pretty poor to lose out to a kid that has just decided they want to start going.

Plus Rangers make more from adult season tickets than they do kids so I can't see them going down that route.

absolute bullshit of a reply
How is it? The club have told people exactly what the process is and told them to wait for an email.

Giving more information isn’t going to bring forward getting a season ticket. The process remains the same. All it is going to do is prompt ‘you said you were on 627 points last week and I’m on 590 points so why have I not been contacted’ emails.

The fact is, with over 45k renewals there will be very few tickets available.

What they should be doing is taking ST's off anyone who has attended less than say, 6 or 7 home games and re allocating these tickets to fans that actually want to go to the majority of games. Bayern Munich do this and it works very well and stops people buying a season ticket for the Old Firms and depriving others of a chance to own a ST. This would soon solve the problem and ensure that Ibrox is full every week. If demand is still there, then we can look at expanding the capacity of Ibrox.

that's the way i feel, i'm in similar situation. it just makes it harder for kids to get involved which isn't good

we probably need to expand the stadium but that's d

Suppose the movers would have to accept the new seats which may not be to their liking. Its not like the club has a 'you move or you lose' rule.

Suppose the movers would have to accept the new seats which may not be to their liking. Its not like the club has a 'you move or you lose' rule.
Of course, they wouldn't have to accept what's on offer. Many don't at present so that wouldn't change. The obvious consequence though is that there would be more seats available in the Family Stand (for families) and fewer seats available elsewhere for swappers and new STs.

All a bit moot, since Greg has confirmed that something akin to what I suggested happens anyway.

Other folk have been told they are getting moved whilst construction works are ongoing.
Believe that only applied to the West Ham & Spurs friendlies with a message that they were hopeful the regular seat would be available for first league game.

Can’t say I’m confident they’ll make it but the point is I can’t see it having an impact on issuing of new STs etc.

What they should be doing is taking ST's off anyone who has attended less than say, 6 or 7 home games and re allocating these tickets to fans that actually want to go to the majority of games. Bayern Munich do this and it works very well and stops people buying a season ticket for the Old Firms and depriving others of a chance to own a ST. This would soon solve the problem and ensure that Ibrox is full every week. If demand is still there, then we can look at expanding the capacity of Ibrox.
Most st holders who can’t attend now put the seat onto seat sub or if you are in a rsc give it to the bus to use.

I get your point mate but if you were on the waiting list and had been spending cash to accrue points it would be pretty poor to lose out to a kid that has just decided they want to start going.

Plus Rangers make more from adult season tickets than they do kids so I can't see them going down that route.
If the club is looking at the long game though then the next batch of bears is of importance.

Yes. I’ve been moved for the West Ham & Spurs game. The email said that I should be back in my seat for the start of the season.

I had my mates sisters season ticket for x2 years so didn’t build up very much mygers points, my boy wants to go to the games, so looking for season tickets in the family stand, tell you what really annoyed me though, most games outside the Celtic ,hearts ,aberdeen ,hibs and europa games so many empty seats on a regular basis, this has to stop, of course there may be some reasons but there are far too many empty, going by the way people are desperate for season tickets on here it’s really sad.

If the club is looking at the long game though then the next batch of bears is of importance.

If the club is looking at the long game they'd be looking to increase the capacity of the stadium ASAP.

I know plenty guys in their mid 20's/early 30's looking for season tickets. They have potentially 40-50 years of supporting the club so I wouldn't say they should receive less favourable treatment.

Kids with their "Please give me your shirt" pish can do one.

Some of us travel quite a distance to matches at a significant cost and are unable to attend every week. Sunday matches are an issue getting back to work and mid week matches are difficult.
Are you suggesting I should have my ST taken off me, having supported Rangers for nearly 60 years and a ST holder for about 20 years. If so I think that is quite harsh.
I always put my ticket up on seat sub whenever I can't make it and this works well for the club as they sell it on for full price and refund me half.
I feel for all those unable to get a ST and think the a better solution has to be to increase the capacity even if only by the odd thousand or so whenever possible.

Greg, would it be possible you could get proper answer for the fans on what’s happening with this? Instead of the pish updates people are being fed.

There’s 2 weeks until the season starts and there’s 1 person on this board who has had an offer. Something doesn’t sit right and it would be nice to have a proper update, not even exact, just aN estimated range.

Doubt I’ll get a reply though.

Some of us travel quite a distance to matches at a significant cost and are unable to attend every week. Sunday matches are an issue getting back to work and mid week matches are difficult.
Are you suggesting I should have my ST taken off me, having supported Rangers for nearly 60 years and a ST holder for about 20 years. If so I think that is quite harsh.
I always put my ticket up on seat sub whenever I can't make it and this works well for the club as they sell it on for full price and refund me half.
I feel for all those unable to get a ST and think the a better solution has to be to increase the capacity even if only by the odd thousand or so whenever possible.

No he's clearly not. You put your ticket up on seat sub when you can't make it, As you're supposed to do. What the poster is getting at is people who've got a season ticket and only turn up for the glory games and the seat lies empty for the run of the mill games.

No one taking your season ticket off you because you stay a few hours away and can't make it ffs. Everytime someone makes this point you get a bunch of posters taking it as a personal insult instead of actually taking a second to read the post.

Received 3 season tickets last week despite no my gers points and had only joined waiting list for 1 person.

Back