WBA fan's 1st visit to Ibrox

What a fantastic 16th birthday gift. Delighted the young lad had such a good day , I am sure he now has a bond with Rangers although he is a WBA supporter.
I would like to think he will be back at Ibrox again and that he will be telling all about how special Rangers and Ibrox are even though he has already in the video , thank you young man.
I for one will be thinking of him cheering his team on at The Hawthorns whenever I see them on TV.
Good luck in all you do young man.

admin please delete thread, boy's vid been blocked, wonder what he did wrong, was a good vid, never mind, it's back up now

Last edited:
Great video! Thanks for sharing OP. Kept imagining my kids’ first time and what that will be like for them, and me :))

Good luck to the lad.

I was just going to watch it as well.
Hopefully he'll edit the UEFA thing out and reupload it.

His parents got him a ticket for the Ross County game as a 16th birthday present.

He was in NEH and the blue sky lounge for food and took the game in.

Got his picture taken with Tav and Sakala and was amazed at Ibrox when he stepped out facing the main stand.

He toured the trophy room too. He really complimented us and thoroughly enjoyed his first ever visit.

Then the dirty bastards at UEFA took the video down for fck all.

why the hell would that be taken down?

is it because he showed a gesture from UEFA to make and recognise our 150 year anniversary?

unbelievable

That was a great wee video, really enjoyed watching that.

I live in the West Midlands and West Bromwich Albion are one of the teams I look out for down here. A good club with great fans, and most of the ones I've come across have a soft spot for Rangers (I've yet to meet one who has any time for the scum!). The lad seems to have had a cracking day and well done to everyone at the club who helped him enjoy it. Strange that it was blocked earlier but it's back up now and like I say, that was a really good watch.

Took a mate from down south for his first Rangers game this weekend too, he loved it. Arrived dressed normally, left wearing a bar scarf, a Union Jack beanie and two pins B-)
Ive had about 30 english lads up over the last 20 years and no one left without at least a pin badge and great memories and have adopted Rangers as their Scottish team

I brought 25 for my 30th against dolly what a day & night that was

My nephew is 10 and he’ll be coming up soon to sample the day out i cant wait as he’s football daft

Ive had about 30 english lads up over the last 20 years and no one left without at least a pin badge and great memories and have adopted Rangers as their Scottish team

I brought 25 for my 30th against dolly what a day & night that was

My nephew is 10 and he’ll be coming up soon to sample the day out i cant wait as he’s football daft
Get onto Rangers for fan referral money mate :D

That's superb. I don't think alot of the English really understand just how big and historic our club is.

I got goosebumps at his reaction when he stepped out and seen Ibrox for the first time, as it reminded me of my first time in 1993.

Brilliant video young man, happy birthday and I'm glad you enjoyed your visit.
is it just me or do others also get more satisfaction when we get praise from neutrals, just pure football fans with no agendas and judging us from a blank slate

Fair play to the guy,sounds like hes enjoyed his day at Ibrox says a day hel never forget.

Great video,his dad's a Gers fan so had an affinity immediately.
Having said he looks like he's caught the bug and like most visitors, was blown away by Ibrox.
More videos like this show us in a great light.
Well done young man.

Great video glad the lad enjoyed his day.

Exactly what the club want, European exploits exposing us to new people who develop a soft spot, decide to make a day of it spending money in New Edminson House and booking the Blue Sky Lounge. Can’t ask for more.

Might be a one off visit but it brings in a decent bit and leaves the person with the correct impression that we are a traditional club operating at modern standards.

Nice lad and a great wee video. Brilliant to see a genuine football fan blown away by our magnificent stadium and our rich history. Welcome back anytime.

Great video. Clearly enjoyed his day.

1 thing his video does show though is how pathetic the location is of the UBs.

What a fantastic 16th birthday gift. Delighted the young lad had such a good day , I am sure he now has a bond with Rangers although he is a WBA supporter.
I would like to think he will be back at Ibrox again and that he will be telling all about how special Rangers and Ibrox are even though he has already in the video , thank you young man.
I for one will be thinking of him cheering his team on at The Hawthorns whenever I see them on TV.
Good luck in all you do young man.
Willie Johnston is another wee link.

Hope you had a great birthday Will and delighted you enjoyed your first trip to Ibrox. Credit to your parents for such an awesome birthday present. Don’t be a stranger now - we hope to see you again!

Took my boy to the Sparta Prague game last season, Thursday night, 8pm kick off, place was heaving, we won 2 nil.
Hooked forever :))

One of my first visits to Ibrox was when West Brom Southampton Hearts and ourselves had a friendly tournament. Tennets Caledonian Cup maybe?

Back