We just look done, mentally and physically

Heads and legs have completely gone to pieces.

There's genuinely another 4 or 5 nil Parkhead visit on the horizon, this group of players are finished.

Celtic will smell blood as well, especially with the mhanky hordes behind them.

The reason for this fatigue in the middle of a title run-in is inexplicable, tbh.
Its like the players have all run out of gas,very strange considering we have generally played well since the new manager came in.Going from beating Betis home and away,topping the Europa group,hauling a 7 point deficit back on the tramps and winning the League Cup to this sorry state,its like we have been running a marathon and have hit the wall with the finishing line in site.

Its like the players have all run out of gas,very strange considering we have generally played well since the new manager came in.Going from beating Betis home and away,topping the Europa group,hauling a 7 point deficit back on the tramps and winning the League Cup to this sorry state,its like we have been running a marathon and have hit the wall with the finishing line in site.

The players gave it all in that second half at Ibrox against the peasants. Not winning that game has deflated them, imo. That was compounded with the shocker at Ross County, and then at Dundee last night. Mentally and physically, they are done where the League is concerned.

The reason for this fatigue in the middle of a title run-in is inexplicable, tbh.
The captain and vice captain epitomise the poor mentality when the pressures on and it rubs off. Until they’re gone and there’s a full blown mentality change, we won’t be winning any title I’m afraid.

We had belief up the last international break and ever since then it looks like we have lost that belief. I'm talking players AND supporters.

Three things for me seemed to have an impact for different reasons.

1. Yilmaz getting injured as he was an energy player who gave us balance but also helped us to be on the front foot going forward.
2. Butland getting hyped about an England call up only to be snubbed. He hasn't looked the same since. I don't think that event should be underestimated in how it has affected him.
3. Losing to Benfica after running them so close will have taken some of the energy out of the team.

None of these are excuses, but I think all 3 points play a part on where we are now when it comes to belief and energy.

When Clement came in he mentioned how dreadful and unprofessional the levels of fitness were in the squad. It's predictably caught up with us at the worst possible time.
Injuries and fitness issues are a factor. It hampers selection and probably 4 or 5 are playing only because there's no other option.

Yilmaz, Diomande, Cortez and Danilo are likely starting if it's a must win game and Sterling is not at LB. Sima is being rushed back and is only half-ready.

The pressure has also clearly got to them. None of the outfield players are in decent form - they're either going through the motions hoping someone else rises to the occasion or are seeing shadows everywhere and making wrong decisions.

If anyone is done mentally and physically with all that was in front of them they quite simply can't be at Ibrox anymore.

Back