Official Welcome Aaron Ramsey

Serious question here, I don't watch much football outside of Rangers so I haven't actually watched Ramsey all that much. Just how good is he? What type of player is he? Seems like the box to box scorer from midfield we are desperate for. Is that a correct assessment? I'm guessing he is going to be by a country mile and a half the best player in the league.

I'm already absolutely buzzing, please add to my excitement even more!

Was flicking through facebook and this popped up on one of my mates posts.
To be honest I was like... aye right, no way.
Outstanding piece of business.
Even on loan I cant remember any signing this century being this huge.

Seen a few threads on here with folk asking if Rangers would ever again be in a position to sign players with the reputation of a Gascoigne or a Laudrup. The consensus was "no"

There are no guarantees about how well this will turn out on the park, but for now, right now it feels a little bid mid 1990s in here.

Welcome to Rangers Aaron Fuckng Ramsey.

Take a well-deserved bow board Ross Wilson and co. Right, that's enough praise, on with the next deal
Tbh mate, I never thought I'd see the likes again. Good business though,instead of spending millions that would be a gamble.

I've no idea how this came about, but someone has played a blinder.

Serious question here, I don't watch much football outside of Rangers so I haven't actually watched Ramsey all that much. Just how good is he? What type of player is he? Seems like the box to box scorer from midfield we are desperate for. Is that a correct assessment? I'm guessing he is going to be by a country mile and a half the best player in the league.

That would be a fair assessment. My only doubt is over his fitness.

Here's my take on him. The night wales beat belgium to reach the semi final was superb, but I thought the booking for Ramsay was the only downside as they couldn't afford to play portugal without him or bale.

5 goals in 49 games for Juventus and 20 in 71 games for Wales (Wiki). Other than that I dont know anything about him. Looking forward to see what he can do for us.

Great signing. Get Souter over the line too. Then one more signing. Aaron needs a friend so he can settle in. I suggest Gareth Bale. Lots of good golf course as well.

In all seriousness now. Board have delivered. Well done.

All this he has not played much this year ..What a load of shengus !

If he's fit as in match fit he will be more than good enough to go straight in .

On top of that again if fit desperate to make an impression possible big move to epl ( that's ok ) and get him self tip top for Wales (that's ok) .

Maybe playing less last few months means hes rested and physically fully rested recovered from any niggles etc .

This move is all about attitude of the guy if he's a good pro as we are told he is then he will smash it !

If he's physically fit I'd start him will put it right up him imagine that guy scoring a late winner at the shitpit .

The lift and positive wave to the flu and players and us fans is massive .

When I heard this via WhatsApp earlier this morning I’ll admit, I mocked it.

Surreal day.

These days, to keep it as quiet as they did right down to the day itself, that’s an impressive feat by the club alone.

Just seen his interview on RTV, he looks genuinely happy to be here can't wipe the smile off his face.

"I want to show what I can do again, we a possession based team, we play like I how to play, last couple of years have been difficult, I've already spoke with the manager about the way we are going to play."

I hope he takes to us and we to him like JD did and is as big a success as JD, and he’s years younger than JD when he arrived.
Welcome Aaron. Hope you enjoy yourself and are a colossal success.

Tremendous , thanks to all involved !
Welcome to the famous Aaron and a massive bag of corn for Ross Wilson :))

WATP

After Diallo starting on Saturday I fully expected Ramsay to go straight in on Wednesday but sounds like it's not to be.

Looking forward to seeing him on Sunday though.

Being able to make 5 subs would force my hand as a a manger and have him at least on the bench if only for a bit of mind games.

They are down to the bones of a team and we go their with a different mindset now.

All this he has not played much this year ..What a load of shengus !

If he's fit as in match fit he will be more than good enough to go straight in .

On top of that again if fit desperate to make an impression possible big move to epl ( that's ok ) and get him self tip top for Wales (that's ok) .

Maybe playing less last few months means hes rested and physically fully rested recovered from any niggles etc .

This move is all about attitude of the guy if he's a good pro as we are told he is then he will smash it !

If he's physically fit I'd start him will put it right up him imagine that guy scoring a late winner at the shitpit .

The lift and positive wave to the flu and players and us fans is massive .
He’s just said on Rangers TV that Wednesday will be too soon.

Wow… just WOW !

Fantastic signing which lays down a huge marker of intent for the rest of the season.

Feels like I’ve just woken up in the mid 90’s when we took it for granted signing these types of quality players.

We have no right signing a £300k p/w player of this quality but it just goes to show the pull we continue to have. Finances normally rule ourselves out of these deals as we generally can’t compete with the wages offered in the English premiership, so hats off to Ross Wilson and co.

Also hugely pleasing that he turned down a couple of EPL clubs and money is not his main motivation. It sounds like he genuinely wants to be here and get on the pitch and experience what we as a club have to offer.

IF he stays fit, as big a signing as Gascoigne or Laudrup from years gone by.

The club should rightly be applauded getting him on board (and don’t underestimate the Gio factor!)

Hopefully he catches the bug and signs on a more permanent basis come the end of the season, with a league medal under his belt and looking forward to Champions League football.

Genuinely excited to see him in the royal blue of The Famous !

Get in !!

Back