Official Welcome to Rangers - Abdallah Sima

Just watched this back. Some observations:

1) Sima is a specimen even at that age. He has big Balogun on toast throughout with his movement

2) I miss when Glen Kamara used to be good

3) What the f*ck was McGregor's positioning about for the free kick

4) Steven Craigan remains utter brain damage

Last edited:
I don't disagree with your point about tarring a whole country based on the actions of fans but you are glossing over the reality that there was a level of tolerance around the Kamara incident and also around the actions of fans afterwards (Slavia Ultras posting a banner which said "Kamara is just a n**ger"). Both Sparta and Slavia have been punished several times for racist actions of their fans. When Sparta convinced UEFA to allow them to fill their stadium with school kids, when it should have been empty after racist incidents, the entire stadium of kids booed every time a black Rangers player had the ball. I assumed they had been trained to boo Kamara but couldn't tell the difference.
100% agree with you mate. I'm aware of everything that has been reported surrounding the kamara situation and it is totally wrong. Slavia and Uefa both made mistakes on how they handled it. I'm not disputing that in any way whatsoever. Re the banner - I think if I remember correctly Slavia did report the fans who made it to the police, and publicly condemned it, which is the least they could do. I'd imagine they got a ban, but I'd be telling a lie if I said they definitely did.i don't know.

I'm more focusing on the fact that portions of our support are shitting on an entire country based on the vile racist actions of a comparatively small group of people, all of which are football fans, and most of which are ultras, who are known for this sort of shit. Saying Czech Republic is a racist country based on the kamara incident is not dissimilar to saying Scotland is a sectarian country, based on the acts and songs of a small faction of rangers and Celtic fans. It's not an accurate representation.

I'm not saying there aren't racists there, there are racists everywhere. What I'm saying is that if you take out the racist idiot faction that each country has, and focus on the general population, they are no more racist than any western European countries.

I respect your opinion mate, but this isn't really a constructive addition to the conversation is it

Sometimes such nonsense doesn't merit a constructive response. "Go to any country in Europe and you can be certain to find more racism than in Czech Republic." It's one of the most objectively daft things I've ever read on here. You are aware that Sparta's stadium in the Kamara follow-up incident was closed because of the abuse they subject Aurelius Tchouameni to? Nothing to do with Rangers.

I have been to the Czech Republic many, many times and to compare its racism problem with Scotland (or paint it as the least racist in Europe) is just bizarre tbh.

Sometimes such nonsense doesn't merit a constructive response. "Go to any country in Europe and you can be certain to find more racism than in Czech Republic." It's one of the most objectively daft things I've ever read on here. You are aware that Sparta's stadium in the Kamara follow-up incident was closed because of the abuse they subject Aurelius Tchouameni to? Nothing to do with Rangers.

I have been to the Czech Republic many, many times and to compare its racism problem with Scotland (or paint it as the least racist in Europe) is just bizarre tbh.
In fairness I think you're right, I over-egged it when saying that you can be certain to find more racism anywhere in Europe. The Nordic countries and Switzerland likely have less racism. I will accept that. I am not denying there is racism there, there is. It was more an expression to convey how non-racist the vast majority of the population are there, and how the general population isn't any more racist than most other European countries, including the UK.

Re Sparta... again, those giving the abuse are stupid ultras, and not an accurate representation of the general population (or even most football fans in the country). Ice hockey is the main sport there, and most people don't care about football at all. I've found most non-football fans want to distance themselves from football fans there as they are generally loud and disrespectful. Going further, most football fans want to distance themselves from the ultras for the same reasons, albeit on a more extreme level. Saying they have a racism problem there and giving a football example isn't really the best way to evidence it, as if you based your judgement of any country based on vile acts of a small portion of football fans, you'd have a very skewed opinion of a country's current social conditions.

I am comparing the two based on my own experience, having spent a lot of time in both. I'm not saying Scotland is more racist, I'm just saying I have witnessed far more racism here.
You may have experienced different, and that is totally fine. I respect that and I'm not here to shit on your opinion. All I am hoping for with my original message is that it prompts people to think outside of football and football-related bias for a second and stop judging/hating on an entire population based on a comparatively small number of idiots within it.

Western Europe likes to look down on other countries based on some QoL metrics, but there is a heck of a lot more hate crime and racism in many of these countries than in Czech Republic. Czech Republic is among some of the safest countries in the world these days (12th Vs UK's 37th) (global peace index, 2023). Do you really think it would be if they were a racist country?

In 2021, racist or xenophobic hate crimes recorded by police in Czech Republic totalled 62. In the same year, the figure for England and Wales alone was 158,000. (https://hatecrime.osce.org/racist-and-xenophobic-hate-crime). That speaks volumes.

Kamara's lawyer talks about "deep rooted racism". There is none more deep-rooted a history of racism than here in the UK, whether we like to acknowledge it or not. It's mad how we are so quick to point the finger at other countries without first looking inward. The UK media pedals this in every way possible and that's what informs these sort of automatic assumed opinions.

I respect your opinions mate, I just hope I've maybe helped convince you that Czech Republic may not actually be the terribly racist country that kamara's lawyer and some of the recent media reports paint it to be

All the best :)

Behind the scenes video now up on Rangers TV.
Beale's in it a lot as well and real nice to hear him telling Abdallah about Jimmy Bell.

Was just coming on to post that, Beale started telling him then said Hi to a player, I thought he would move on, but no, back to it and Beale even touched his picture.

Hes a big smiley lad, though he looked shocked that Tom Lawrence had two legs!

some amount of old kits in the Jimmys ofice.

There's racists everywhere. But to say central Europe doesn't have issues with racism, is being wilfully ignorant. There's plenty of data and evidence that contradicts what you've just espoused too.
I agree buddy. Wherever there are racists, there is a problem with racism. What I was getting at was that outside of the standard racist football fans that the majority of countries have, there is no more racism there than any other country. As I've said in my last reply above, take a look at recorded racial & xenophobic hate crime stats, compare these numbers with other countries and see if that changes your outlook.

Back