Official Welcome to Rangers - Danilo

It's a great video, even though its the usual formulaic questions. The guys absolutely buzzing about having signed and it's terrific to see. Really excited too about this signing.

Great news. Off to my bed after a session in Arnhem :oops:
Walked through there for the Pieterpad and also for getting to some starting locations of it when i did it last year. Really enjoyed going there as well because it meant i could use the ICE train from Amsterdam. B-D

I don't want to be picky at that interview but the girl doing the interview and asking the questions, can she stop starting every sentence with 'yeah'. I've noticed it in all the interviews that we've had done in pre season with the manager and players.

:))
I have to mute it when she’s asking the questions. She’s somehow worse than the last guy we had doing the interviews

I don't want to be picky at that interview but the girl doing the interview and asking the questions, can she stop starting every sentence with 'yeah'. I've noticed it in all the interviews that we've had done in pre season with the manager and players.

:))
Yeah. Maybe you’re being extremely picky.

Yeah, definitely extremely picky

To the tune of Where did You Go? By Jax Jones

Where did he go, Danilo?

Oh, I wanna know.

Where did he go, Danilo?

Oh, I wanna know.

Where did he go, Boclairbear?

Some “Dutch football expert” on the radio saying he’s poor

I've now listened to it. He said he's a poacher, a fox in the box, could struggle with the physical side of the game, similar to Dessers and unsure if they can play together. Certainly wasn't raving about him but didn't say he's poor either. As this Dutch footballing ''expert'' is a young Englishman i'll take it with a pinch of salt.

I've now listened to it. He said he's a poacher, a fox in the box, could struggle with the physical side of the game, similar to Dessers and unsure if they can play together. Certainly wasn't raving about him but didn't say he's poor either. As this Dutch footballing ''expert'' is a young Englishman i'll take it with a pinch of salt.
Laughable if that is his 'expert' opinion. Colak is a poacher, unless they get chances and it's closer than the penalty spot they don't contribute much. Poachers don't score the amount of goals he has from the edge of the box, they don't dribble past players or link the play particularly well. Danilo does all 3 and he's not remotely like Dessers, who like Alfie did, likes the physical contact and turning defenders. He couldn't have got much more wrong in his assessment if he tried.

Laughable if that is his 'expert' opinion. Colak is a poacher, unless they get chances and it's closer than the penalty spot they don't contribute much. Poachers don't score the amount of goals he has from the edge of the box, they don't dribble past players or link the play particularly well. Danilo does all 3 and he's not remotely like Dessers, who like Alfie did, likes the physical contact and turning defenders. He couldn't have got much more wrong in his assessment if he tried.

Had a look on a Feyenoord page on Reddit. A Rangers fan was asking them about Danilo . Here’s some of the replies:

“Great team player, hard working, easy to score. Lacks finesse and doesn't seem to have much room to improve. He was a perfect second striker for us and I can't understand why we are letting him go for such a low fee.”

“Because he came in transfer free and our other striker proved to score more goals. 6 million is an outstanding deal in our case.”

“Invisible but scores. Good lad.”

“Legitimately a good lad, team player, will score. Not sure personally why you would get Dessers, Danilo and Lammers, but out of the three I personally like Danilo best (despite Dessers’ iconic goals for us!)”

“He is genuinely a good striker, a proper team player, and a goal scorer. He is quite an all-round striker but he doesn't really excel extremely in one specific area. He is genuinely a good striker, but do not expect a world-beater.”

“Normally with these kinds of questions I would call them the biggest piece of dogshit because I'm afraid to lose them. But for Danilo I can say that he's not bad, but I'm also not afraid to lose him.”

“With him and dessers you can expect some goals from them pressing the keeper. They both press very well and are quicker then opponents think ;)

“I think he’s a great overall player. Always carries on after losing the ball, immediately pressing to win it back, top notch mentality, a real workhorse. Also possesses his fair bit of Brazilian flair on the ball, is great in small areas and has a very decent longshot. I’ve been following Rangers a bit for the last couple of season’s, and I think he’s a great fit for their squad!”

“He is in a way a very simple striker. When he sees a shot, he shoots. He also works hard and puts pressure on the opponents defense. He is not great at anything although he scored one or two bangers outside of the box. Could be more clinical. Could position better. If he learns this, he will be great. Better we a counter striker than a team that has 80% ball control though”

“Dessers and Danilo on Ibrox, man that is something to enjoy. Have a great season and hopefully both will score lots of goals. I think Dessers has reached it peak but maybe Danilo can show some progression. Both nice transfers!”

Last edited:
Had a look on a Feyenoord page on Reddit. A Rangers fan was asking them about Danilo . Here’s some of the replies:

“Great team player, hard working, easy to score. Lacks finesse and doesn't seem to have much room to improve. He was a perfect second striker for us and I can't understand why we are letting him go for such a low fee.”

“Because he came in transfer free and our other striker proved to score more goals. 6 million is an outstanding deal in our case.”

“Invisible but scores. Good lad.”

“Legitimately a good lad, team player, will score. Not sure personally why you would get Dessers, Danilo and Lammers, but out of the three I personally like Danilo best (despite Dessers’ iconic goals for us!)”

“He is genuinely a good striker, a proper team player, and a goal scorer. He is quite an all-round striker but he doesn't really excel extremely in one specific area. He is genuinely a good striker, but do not expect a world-beater.”

“Normally with these kinds of questions I would call them the biggest piece of dogshit because I'm afraid to lose them. But for Danilo I can say that he's not bad, but I'm also not afraid to lose him.”

“With him and dessers you can expect some goals from them pressing the keeper. They both press very well and are quicker then opponents think ;)

“I think he’s a great overall player. Always carries on after losing the ball, immediately pressing to win it back, top notch mentality, a real workhorse. Also possesses his fair bit of Brazilian flair on the ball, is great in small areas and has a very decent longshot. I’ve been following Rangers a bit for the last couple of season’s, and I think he’s a great fit for their squad!”

“He is in a way a very simple striker. When he sees a shot, he shoots. He also works hard and puts pressure on the opponents defense. He is not great at anything although he scored one or two bangers outside of the box. Could be more clinical. Could position better. If he learns this, he will be great. Better we a counter striker than a team that has 80% ball control though”

“Dessers and Danilo on Ibrox, man that is something to enjoy. Have a great season and hopefully both will score lots of goals. I think Dessers has reached it peak but maybe Danilo can show some progression. Both nice transfers!”

This is the impression I got from both of them from watching the YouTube videos, especially Dessers. The right attitude from the top of the pitch!

This is the impression I got from both of them from watching the YouTube videos, especially Dessers. The right attitude from the top of the pitch!

I loved the one saying he’s a simple striker. He sees a shot, he shoots. :D

Back