Official Welcome to Rangers Dujon Sterling

Noah Sadiki, young RB from Anderlecht, is a name chucked about a lot over past few months. Guessing sterling coming in
will put an end to this. Shame as he looked to have real potential too.

With it looking unlikely that big Goldson will make the first game or two, I've been wondering if we might see Sterling involved a lot earlier than most of us imagined.

I did think we might have signed another CB by now but haven't seen any really solid rumours yet. Possibly they've totally passed me by though!

With it looking unlikely that big Goldson will make the first game or two, I've been wondering if we might see Sterling involved a lot earlier than most of us imagined.

I did think we might have signed another CB by now but haven't seen any really solid rumours yet. Possibly they've totally passed me by though!

If Goldson isn't available, although Beale has said he will be, I think we'll see Souttar and Davies together.

Is Sterling not injured?

If Goldson isn't available, although Beale has said he will be, I think we'll see Souttar and Davies together.
Not good enough for a CL qualifier. Nowhere near it. Goldson and Souttar yes although I would still prefer a proper LCB. But if he is injured that CH pairing will get rag dolled. Goldson is far from perfect but he is so important to us at the back as last season proved beyond any doubt.

If the player doesn’t have an up to date passport that’s unreal
Footballers can be notoriously 'absent minded', shall we say. Its something that an agent should be on top of, but as a club it's something we 100% should be aware of. Of course, at the moment it is all wild speculation but when did that ever stop us?

Not good enough for a CL qualifier. Nowhere near it. Goldson and Souttar yes although I would still prefer a proper LCB. But if he is injured that CH pairing will get rag dolled. Goldson is far from perfect but he is so important to us at the back as last season proved beyond any doubt.

Well we played Goldson and Sands in Eindhoven and they never got ragdolled.

Souttar has looked a very good central defender for us and has proved himself to be very comfortable playing LCB alongside Goldson.

Although Goldson is clearly our best central defender and Beale has said he'll be fit for the qualifiers, Souttar alongside Davies, or another experienced LCB , would be far from a disaster.

As Sterling is not in Germany, people are saying he may be injured whereas others are saying there was an issue with his passport.
The injury would seem more plausible.
He would have had to provide his passport details to the club on arrival, and I cannot imagine that they would not have spotted anything that might have prevented him from going to Germany on that basis.
As someone else said, he was apparently in Dubai a couple of weeks ago.

Doesn’t mean nothing is happening.
I think we’ve been quite good at keeping the gossip to a minimum.

that's the second time I've seen someone suggest this without referencing any evidence or where they've heard it from even. what's the script?

I think it stemmed from a photo doing the rounds which was supposedly him in the passport office in Glasgow.

No idea if there is any truth in this passport issue story. However, the favourite issue lots of would be travellers suffer from is the criteria on how long a passport has to be valid for, beyond the travel dates.

Many get holidays ruined because they think they or ok because their passport expires a few weeks after their trip. In the case of Germany, your passport has to be valid for at least 3 months beyond the day you intend to travel.

Souttar has looked a very good central defender for us and has proved himself to be very comfortable playing LCB alongside Goldson.

Although Goldson is clearly our best central defender and Beale has said he'll be fit for the qualifiers, Souttar alongside Davies, or another experienced LCB , would be far from a disaster.
Not without Goldson and especially with Davies next to him. Goldson vastly improves anyone playing with him. PSV missed a fair few chances as well I wouldnt bet on lightening striking twice.

He would have had to provide his passport details to the club on arrival, and I cannot imagine that they would not have spotted anything that might have prevented him from going to Germany on that basis.
As someone else said, he was apparently in Dubai a couple of weeks ago.
He could have lost his passport.

I lost mine in the USA (don't try this at home kids) - I had to go to the US consulate in Chicago who gave me a special white passport which was confiscated by Passport Control at Heathrow- I then had to apply for a new one which took weeks.

I lost mine in the USA (don't try this at home kids) - I had to go to the US consulate in Chicago who gave me a special white passport which was confiscated by Passport Control at Heathrow- I then had to apply for a new one which took weeks.
Happened to my mate as well. Thought he had lost his in Amsterdam when we were there for the Feyenoord game. He had to go to the embassy and get one of those white passports, took a few days to sort it all out and when he got home he found the original passport had slipped into the lining of his suitcase and wasn't really ever lost haha.

Expensive few days that was for him.

MISSING IN ACTION Dujon Sterling NOT on Rangers’ pre-season trip to Germany as reason for absence explained

NEW Rangers star Dujon Sterling has NOT travelled to Germany for the club’s training camp.

SunSport Online can reveal the 23 year-old ex-Chelsea kid has picked up a calf injury.

The issue is NOT deemed serious by the club’s medical staff.

However, it was decided Sterling would be better staying in Scotland to undergo treatment rather than travel with the squad.

It’s a blow to Sterling who was hoping to make a good impression with boss Michael Beale.

But it’s only regarded as a slight set-back.

And the news rules out wild speculation which surfaced on social media this morning that the attacker had suffered a serious injury.

Sounds like a grade 1 calf strain, going by the newspaper article.

If that is the case, then he'll be back in amongst it within a couple of weeks and that explains why he hasn't travelled.

In the grand scheme of things, a slight pre season muscular injury to your back up right back is pretty minor.

A bit less concerning than the supposed ACL injury that the wee inadequate attention seeking helmets on social media were claiming.

Last edited:

We certainly should have enough for the lesser opposition we'll face in CL QR3 but Davies can give me the fear tbh. I really, really hope Goldson is at least back for the CL playoff round vs PSV or Marseille.

The club has worked very quickly and effectively in the transfer market so far but I do wish they'd hurry up getting a new CB in. If Souttar picks up any kind of injury before the qualifiers then it's genuinely panic stations stuff. Going into our most important games of the year, worth tens of millions of pounds, without Goldson or Souttar would be nightmare fuel. And with Souttar's fitness record, unfortunately, you can't even say that that's a remote possibility.

Dujon Sterling has picked up calf injury and as a result will not travel to Germany for Rangers' pre-season camp.

The 23-year-old moved to Ibrox on a four-year contract on July 1 after his Chelsea deal expired.
But life in Glasgow has not got off to an ideal start after Sterling picked up a calf knock during the first few days of pre-season training.
The injury is understood to not be serious and he will likely return to training when the squad returns from Germany next week.

Dujon Sterling has picked up calf injury and as a result will not travel to Germany for Rangers' pre-season camp.

The 23-year-old moved to Ibrox on a four-year contract on July 1 after his Chelsea deal expired.
But life in Glasgow has not got off to an ideal start after Sterling picked up a calf knock during the first few days of pre-season training.
The injury is understood to not be serious and he will likely return to training when the squad returns from Germany next week.
Thank f*ck it wasn’t his passport that was the issue

FFS I usually like to see a player in the last 5 minutes of a friendly before writing them of as a dud. ;)

Heart and Hand have confirmed today that it is a calf strain injury, and it was felt best for him not to go and do intensive training in Germany, but to concentrate on getting some treatment back in Glasgow.

Back