Official Welcome to Rangers Dujon Sterling

No it means Tav have a real challenge and he can’t rest in his laurels, that’s the only way to get the best out each player, they have to know that nobody’s place is safe if they don’t perform
We ain't signed a Chelsea player on good wages to be back up

The guy looks like he won't be bullied off the ball that's for sure,something that has been missing from our squad for a long while now.

For what it’s worth, I have a baseless hunch that Tav will depart this summer.

Signing a news rightback when Devine is here suggests that Sterling joins as a first team starter.
Quite how we replace Tav’s contribution going forwards up the right side is a challenge for everyone.

Well, no. Its only a challenge for you as in reality this aint happening B-)

I wonder if the gaffer plans to push Tav forward into a winger role given his prowess for goal.
Tav won’t be a winger ever. He’ll be a wing back or perform his normal role. My point is only that given Sterling’s attributes the option for a back three is there and in certain games he might be preferred in a defensive back four. He’s not here to sit on the bench that much is clear. This midfield/winger Tav chat, however, is silly.

Tav won’t be a winger ever. He’ll be a wing back or perform his normal role. My point is only that given Sterling’s attributes the option for a back three is there and in certain games he might be preferred in a defensive back four. He’s not here to sit on the bench that much is clear. This midfield/winger Tav chat, however, is silly.
If he’s not here to sit on the bench, and Tavernier’s not for being dropped, then something’s got to give.

I don’t think that we can rule out the possibility that Tav may start to be phased out, he’ll be approaching his 33rd birthday this time next year and he has a lot of football in his legs.

You might even see on-field rotation between the two at home seeing Sterling on the right of a back three to step forward and have Tav drop in rather than have Jack cover Tav when he goes forward. Allowing for an extra attacking or central midfielder, dropping the holding mid entirely in favour of a Souttar or playing Lundstram in the centre of that back three. It would certainly work at home. Dare I say it, in the mould of Tierney and Robertson for Scotland. Either way I’m excited by the signing.

Last edited:
To those of you who think this lad is here to backfill several positions across the back I hope your willing to break the news to him because I sure as f@#k wouldn't

No appearances for Chelsea in 6 years, apart from 14 mins in EFL cup, and never scored at all for any clubs. Think I prefer Dijon Mustard but hopefully proved wrong.
We missed a trick not signing Rudiger or Alonso. Might have something to do with Sterling

If he’s not here to sit on the bench, and Tavernier’s not for being dropped, then something’s got to give.

I don’t think that we can rule out the possibility that Tav may start to be phased out, he’ll be approaching his 33rd birthday this time next year and he has a lot of football in his legs.
Sterling will play LB or CB when Tav is playing. Simple.

Reactions: fmp
Tav is a right back, nothing else.
He needs to have someone pushing him for the shirt. Goals aside he is not the greatest RB HIS defending is poor & he is making more & more mistakes. A bit of competition will not be a bad thing. In the main his corners are not the greatest. We saw a difference in the way Cantwell fired his corner in with pace on Saturday.

From the YouTube video I watched he was like a kyle walker light

Very impressive pace and strength

Could play on the right of a back three

Wonder if Beale is think 3-4-3 next season

My exact thoughts… right back was not a position we needed to strengthen in my opinion.
Tav and Devine looked just fine to me.
I welcome signings but in particular positions right
Fans go on about not having players to compete and that no one gives tav competition.

In the rb or lb position with the way we have played up until now it's a long hard season and gives us both options and competition.

He was a free transfer so no large value in terms of payments and you never know the compo we got for wilspn has maybe covered these deals in terms of payments

We have to trust that beale and the team have a plan and I think that involves strength , technique with a football and more pace through the team to cut teams open.

That's what we all want to see, and I think as I have said before there is no scatter gun approach and they know exactly who they want and most deals are done or agreed to be announced when time right.

Bosman's and contracts coming to an end soon so can push down the price and then more money to spend on the attack and forward areas

Back