Official Welcome to Rangers Dujon Sterling

Welcome Dujon. Will be interesting to see which position he’s most at home in.

Good luck son.

It didn't do Bassey any harm did it?

In fact it made us £20 million.
So what has Bassey got to do with Sterling?

Believe me for every Calvin Bassey I could give you numerous James Sands.

Bassey eventually became one of the first names on the teamsheet and maybe Sterling will as well but my point is no one appears to know what his roll will be.

Welcome. Dowell and Sterling in the door and it’s still only May.

That’s how you get your transfer business done.

Two players with a lot of qualities. If they can stay fit will be big players for us.
Imagine if Ross was still here,there would be zero in the door by now that's for sure!

If he's better than Tav, he should replace him. If he isn't he shouldn't. We need to win the league next season and to do that we must bring in players who are better than what we have and who will go into the team and improve it. If you disagree that's fine, if Sterling is one for the future and we have first choice players coming in that's fine as well.
If we're bringing in players to fill in different positions as required we are fkd.
I don't know this player at all, maybe he goes in and does the job, but no one on this thread has suggested anything to convince that he will improve the team immediately
We need guys who improve the team but RB ain’t the position.

We’re struggling to score goals, the 1st improvement isn’t replace the top goalscorer.

It’s only May as well, the window hasn’t even opened yet. Aside from LCB & GK, we don’t need to sign starters at the back. The focus has to be repairing the frontline, that & midfield (pre-Raskin & Cantwell) were the big reasons we lost the league

We need guys who improve the team but RB ain’t the position.

We’re struggling to score goals, the 1st improvement isn’t replace the top goalscorer.

It’s only May as well, the window hasn’t even opened yet. Aside from LCB & GK, we don’t need to sign starters at the back. The focus has to be repairing the frontline, that & midfield (pre-Raskin & Cantwell) were the big reasons we lost the league
Agreed 100 %
I hope Sterling is the next Sandy Jardine but I'm just not getting the excitement about a player who I don't think will be a starter unless Tav is leaving.

If he's better than Tav, he should replace him. If he isn't he shouldn't. We need to win the league next season and to do that we must bring in players who are better than what we have and who will go into the team and improve it. If you disagree that's fine, if Sterling is one for the future and we have first choice players coming in that's fine as well.
If we're bringing in players to fill in different positions as required we are fkd.
I don't know this player at all, maybe he goes in and does the job, but no one on this thread has suggested anything to convince that he will improve the team immediately
I would imagine building squad & team is like a jigsaw, the finished article is better than the pieces used to make it.

Beale will know what the picture looks like, so just because you cant see it doesnt mean its not there. I think he gets some leeway after his first two signings.

Looks a unit, obvious to see where the Bassey comparisons come from. Will be interesting to hear what Beale says, Bassey was a massive success but didn't feature much in first season (as you'd expect from young boy with established FB in front of him).

They're both 23 now so Sterling is 3 years older than Bassey was when he joined us so maybe he won't need as much time to settle in.

Interesting to see how we use him, doesn't look like an attacking FB so might be asked to sit to give more freedom to RW or used as part of a back 3.

Boss Michael Beale commented: "I am delighted to welcome Dujon to Rangers, he is an exciting young player who, I'm sure, will be a great addition to our squad.

"He is someone I was aware of from my time at Chelsea, and I have always kept an eye on his career as it has progressed.

“He is a very powerful and strong defender, who has fantastic attacking qualities and I look forward to working with him at Rangers."

I would imagine building squad & team is like a jigsaw, the finished article is better than the pieces used to make it.

Beale will know what the picture looks like, so just because you cant see it doesnt mean its not there. I think he gets some leeway after his first two signings.
I've already said more than once that I'm sure MB knows where this player fits in.
No one on this thread does

Of course we dont, there are various ways that he and Tav play together, but you want to douse any excitement from posters.
If you mean I don't get carried away for no reason, then you're quite right.
Maybe years of getting baws kicked has influenced me.

Bassey eventually became one of the first names on the teamsheet and maybe Sterling will as well but my point is no one appears to know what his roll will be.

Aw FFS give it a rest you've made the same point about 100 times in this thread repeatedly.

I certainly hope so but for all the excitement no one on here does
I wouldn't let that worry you mate...you do see most of the posts on here? I wouldn't let most people on here tell me the time let alone about a new signing. Michael Beale has worked with him before and knows what he's all about, that's good enough for me.

I wouldn't let that worry you mate...you do see most of the posts on here? I wouldn't let most people on here tell me the time let alone about a new signing. Michael Beale has worked with him before and knows what he's all about, that's good enough for me.
Hope so RD

If you mean I don't get carried away for no reason, then you're quite right.
Maybe years of getting baws kicked has influenced me.

You dont need to get carried away, nobody does, but you also dont need to try and piss on everyones chips.

The window is not even open yet and we have 2 new players or rebuilding the team/squad, 4 if you include NR and TC.

Beale will know exactly what role Sterling is here to fulfil, you might not like it, but that’s all that matters.

It will become clear to the rest of us in time. He might well be competition for Tav, which is fine because the drop off from Tav to Devine is too big at this stage of Devine’s career.

We need players that will improve our first team but our budget dictates that we can’t turn our nose up at those that maybe require a bit of time before making the first team.

I doubt bringing Sterling in means were missing out on a CF!

Beale will know exactly what role Sterling is here to fulfil, you might not like it, but that’s all that matters.

It will become clear to the rest of us in time. He might well be competition for Tav, which is fine because the drop off from Tav to Devine is too big at this stage of Devine’s career.

We need players that will improve our first team but our budget dictates that we can’t turn our nose up at those that maybe require a bit of time before making the first team.

I doubt bringing Sterling in means were missing out on a CF!
"I might not like it " :)):))

We'll be signing players most of us will no have a scoobies about, which is to be expected especially on our budget. So I don't know what some fans are on about when they say this or that signing doesn't do it for them, like they have a well informed opinion on the player. Some folks just have no real grasp on where we stand in todays transfer hierarchy.
A good manager makes the team be more than the sum of it's parts, some fans like youself can see that MB is getting the parts/players that he needs to build the type of machine/team that will do the job and bring sucess to the club, and he's doing it by using his head rather than the deep pokets that we don't have, MB should be praised for being smart on the transfer front, but hey that's just the way I see it.

Looks a player and amongst the types of signings we should be making. We now have four right backs though or three right sided centre halfs so maybe indication of unexpected departures?

Agreed 100 %
I hope Sterling is the next Sandy Jardine but I'm just not getting the excitement about a player who I don't think will be a starter unless Tav is leaving.
The starters will come, but we also need squad players and this guy looks like he should offer more competition for places across the backline.

It’s okay to see that as a positive.

Back