What cost is a new stand and would it be viable considering ST sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea how much money we have access to?

I reckon that we can spend about £30m from the share issue and sponsorship and season tickets. We should put the lot into the team to make sure we win the league - and then use the champions league money from next year to build the stand.

Put the lot into the team? Aye...And how you paying wages, staff wages, maintaing the stadium, paying the bills? We're running at a loss and you think we can spunk everything we have into the team? Great, cunts can play in the dark for the whole season. Our wage bill is tens of millions...Some people just don't make sense.

I'm glad the club didn't share the same pessimism and lack of ambition back in the 1920's when they built our iconic main stand.

We are Rangers and second best is never good enough, be it on the park or off it.

We are the biggest club in the land, and should have the biggest ground.

We have a support that has demonstrated unwavering loyalty through the banter years, and when the good times come again we'll need that extra capacity.

In terms of finances, where there is a will there is a way.

Get the support and their families and friends behind the lotto. Become the most proactive fan base by actively buying from our sponsors, make companies desperate to be our partners. Continue to sell out Ibrox. Buy the kit.

If Hamilton can spend £750k on a new pitch, Hearts £10m on a new stand, and the sheep build a new ground, surely we can find a way to finance an increased capacity?

Think big.

Great words...How much did they earn the club to put forward for new stands? %^*& all is the answer. This magical money tree some folk think grows on staunchness is mental.

I think an extra 5k would be enough. We’ve a core support of around 40k who’ll always renew and the remaining fans go based on their situation and whether or not there’s any kind of buzz like the Gerrard appointment.
The ideal situation would be to remove the screens and hang them above the Copland and Broomloan stands. Increase the corporate facilities at the back of the sandy jardine by having them built at the back of new seating in the corners. A new club shop, museum, restaurant and a hotel built as part of any works. Upgrade the rest of the stadium to make it more pleasing on the eye. The cladding throughout is tired looking - especially at the broomloan and Copland. The ground surrounding Ibrox needs upgraded - something similar to what city have done around the Etihad. We should also have our own walkway past our glorious main stand.

If Celtic had 120k more through the gate that is awful considering how many more games they played.

But anyway, we can shorten that difference by getting further in europe and playing champions league football.

Their fans won't really show for Europa qualifiers and if we get the champions league money that could help us out with money for an expansion.
It worked out over home games in Scotland.

And what makes you sure we'd find a sponsor to cover some of it? Hint, we won't.
Sorry, I just don't share your pessimism. If Rangers were fortunate enough to win the title next year and managed to get into the group stages of the CL with a global name like Gerrard starting to make a name for himself, I would imagine we would be a very attractive proposition for both sponsorship and takeover.

Easiest and cheapest way to increase capacity is make bottom section of all stands safe standing. How much more we’d be able to squeeze in I am not sure!

How is this actually going to be financed? Loans and is so, where from?

Winning team needs to be on the park first and any immediate maintenance done.

Got an alert so replying and I don’t meant to sound like arse when I ask you to read all The posts I’ve made

I just had thought with the right partners, a sponsor and the extra revenue we could bring in something could be financed even over a period of time.

Historic structure surely you could argue the council should invest in that. I don’t know what draws investment into clubs but there will be companies who would invest in Rangers and its future.

It’s gaulling that Celtic have a head start on us year on year simply with the extra money that comes in from them having a bigger stadium. 120k tickets sold extra in the year 2017 and that’s them not operating at full potential.

Easiest and cheapest way to increase capacity is make bottom section of all stands safe standing. How much more we’d be able to squeeze in I am not sure!

Apparently not mate as someone said earlier that a safe standing seat is same as normal seat footprint wise and you can only sell the seat not cram people in

Last edited:
It does actually. It works out roughly 1.2

Mate you’re post has basically outlined something that perhaps,is the essence of this. Your answer is about the fourth different opinion on this. I’m not saying you are wrong but it shows that we are all just giving opinion as laymen regardless of our histories.

The club should look into a feasiblity study perhaps, look for costings, float the idea to potential partners and sponsors. Someone made a great point earlier about the club being brave in the past and if pessimistic opinions were at the fore we may not be the club we are now. What legacy do we leave the fans who will be going to Ibrox in 50 years time?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back