What happened to 'the cry was no surrender'?

So we've just to accept another season of chucking the league and the squad bareface admitting they're chucking it because 'no surrender'?

It's alright the fans saying No Surrender etc etc unfortunately it's the ones on the pitch that we need that attitude from and frankly they aren't capable of it, happy to finish 2nd every season safe in the knowledge they get their thousands per week and the glamour of being a Rangers player

When you're got a squad that bar three or four players who are so mentally weak that even a top class manager can't get into their heads and install confidence and fighting sprit, its always going to end the same way.
We all know individuals with the same attitude to life who cannot fathom the difference between success in any endeavour and failure is mental fortitude and a willingness to push through the pain barrier at any cost.
Second best is not what elite athletes in any sport aspire to be but until such times as we get rid of these individuals we need to honest as supporters and realise our board and recruiting policy is sub standard in recognising that mental toughness should be considered along with footballing ability in who we sign.

When did we become such an entitled support, that we throw the towel in when all's still to play for?

This is not directed at the traveling support, who are absolutely magnificent, loud and proud thru Sunday and yesterday's disasters. It's directed at the the doom and gloom merchants on here, and the 'fans' that leave Ibrox with the game on the line with 10-15 minutes to go, despite Phil's pleas to stay and support the team.

I was introduced to the Rangers by my old man in the 70s as a nipper. We were fairly shit at times, but it didn't and still doesn't matter, we're Rangers fans, we love our team, and we follow thru thick and thin. We support our team.

4 weeks ago, we were hailing PC as the second coming, now we have fans questioning his competence. It's fukin ridiculous considering the situation he inherited, and the injuries to our squad.

This may end up a disappointing season, OR, we could still win a treble.

The vast majority of loyal football fans would give everything to be in our position, so let's back PC and hold any post mortems if and when, the trophies are lost, not before.
Another post wrong from the off.

The support havent/didn't throw the towel in. That was done on the park.

I, like many other supporters, have no faith in this group to deliver a title as I don't do blind optimism. I base it on what i see.

As ive said before, I absolutely hope im wrong on this one.

When did we become such an entitled support, that we throw the towel in when all's still to play for?

This is not directed at the traveling support, who are absolutely magnificent, loud and proud thru Sunday and yesterday's disasters. It's directed at the the doom and gloom merchants on here, and the 'fans' that leave Ibrox with the game on the line with 10-15 minutes to go, despite Phil's pleas to stay and support the team.

I was introduced to the Rangers by my old man in the 70s as a nipper. We were fairly shit at times, but it didn't and still doesn't matter, we're Rangers fans, we love our team, and we follow thru thick and thin. We support our team.

4 weeks ago, we were hailing PC as the second coming, now we have fans questioning his competence. It's fukin ridiculous considering the situation he inherited, and the injuries to our squad.

The vast majority of loyal football fans would give everything to be in our position, so let's back PC and hold any post mortems if and when, the trophies are lost, not before.
Over time I've come to realise Rangers supporters support the club, the badge, the philosophy we bestow on that club, our history our values our beliefs.

We don't support the player or the custodians of the shirts we would all want to wear (with a few exceptions)

We don't get behind the guys who are struggling, the guys coming back from injury or struggling with form.

Other than when we are winning our songs are a celebration of the past and our culture.

We don't drive the players on with our support, we curtail there confidence with the constant bickering and anger we direct at our own.

We might still do it this year but it won't be thanks to most of our fans, it'll be the players in those shirts

Another post wrong from the off.

The support havent/didn't throw the towel in. That was done on the park.

I, like many other supporters, have no faith in this group to deliver a title as I don't do blind optimism. I base it on what i see.

As ive said before, I absolutely hope im wrong on this one.

Bit of a contradiction in your post, completely writing the team off, and then hoping you're wrong.

As I pointed out, most football fans turn up every week with no hope that their team will win the league. It's maybe unlikely for us, but we're 3 points behind with an OF to come, a position we'd have taken when PC took the reins.

It's also only 2-3 weeks since we all believed this group was going to win the league. Still not impossible.

It's alright the fans saying No Surrender etc etc unfortunately it's the ones on the pitch that we need that attitude from and frankly they aren't capable of it, happy to finish 2nd every season safe in the knowledge they get their thousands per week and the glamour of being a Rangers player
I bet the players would give 100% every week if their performance got analysed after each game to see if they deserved full pay or not

Over time I've come to realise Rangers supporters support the club, the badge, the philosophy we bestow on that club, our history our values our beliefs.

We don't support the player or the custodians of the shirts we would all want to wear (with a few exceptions)

We don't get behind the guys who are struggling, the guys coming back from injury or struggling with form.

Other than when we are winning our songs are a celebration of the past and our culture.

We don't drive the players on with our support, we curtail there confidence with the constant bickering and anger we direct at our own.

We might still do it this year but it won't be thanks to most of our fans, it'll be the players in those shirts

I agree with quite a lot of your post, but I would exempt a lot of fans from criticism, especially the traveling support.

We have a great and loyal support, but there's a vocal minority at Ibrox and on here, who are constantly angry and a bad result or two away from turning on the team, ready to take a flame-thrower to them all.

They don't appear to get a lot of enjoyment from following Rangers.

It's been a roller coaster season, still a bit to go and all to play for, starting tomorrow.

I agree with quite a lot of your post, but I would exempt a lot of fans from criticism, especially the traveling support.

We have a great and loyal support, but there's a vocal minority at Ibrox and on here, who are constantly angry and a bad result or two away from turning on the team, ready to take a flame-thrower to them all.

They don't appear to get a lot of enjoyment from following Rangers.

It's been a roller coaster season, still a bit to go and all to play for, starting tomorrow.

Honestly feel like I'm in some kind of reality distortion field when I read takes like this.

I bet the players would give 100% every week if their performance got analysed after each game to see if they deserved full pay or not

I don't see players giving less than 100%.
I've seen a few lacking confidence, some match fitness as the squad has been stretched, maybe even the ability we want to see, but I don't see anyone not giving their all.

What are you disagreeing with?

I mean, we have just been pumped off Ross County and then drew with Dundee to all but realistically end our chances of winning the league. To lose it three years in a row. Yet you're wondering why fans are upset?

These weird quasi-positive threads are the Live, Laugh, Love of FF. As if by not admitting it's all a bit shit right now makes you a better fan. Just need to post a "keep believing" image of Marvin Andrews to keep it going.

The entire conceit of the thread is delusional, sanctimonious bollocks, frankly.

I mean, we have just been pumped off Ross County and then drew with Dundee to all but realistically end our chances of winning the league. To lose it three years in a row. Yet you're wondering why fans are upset?

These weird quasi-positive threads are the Live, Laugh, Love of FF. As if by not admitting it's all a bit shit right now makes you a better fan. Just need to post a "keep believing" image of Marvin Andrews to keep it going.

The entire conceit of the thread is delusional, sanctimonious bollocks, frankly.

We're all gutted at the last 2 results and performances, and the momentum has obviously swung significantly in the filth's favour, but we'd have taken this position in October.

Now"s not the time to turn on the team and manager, we'll have plenty time for post mortems later.

I don't see players giving less than 100%.
I've seen a few lacking confidence, some match fitness as the squad has been stretched, maybe even the ability we want to see, but I don't see anyone not giving their all.
I don't think the fitness thing can be understated at all. Since Phil came in, he's lamented the preseason and the fitness levels - something we'd all complained about under Beale and Gio, especially when comparing to how fit Milsom had us under Gerrard.

Add in the injuries and the core of the team have been playing twice a week without a real break. We've watched Goldson and Tav go down towards the end of games just before our form dipped, these are guys who have a history of playing through injuries, Lundstram too, but this gets forgotten because they're "cowards", or they're "not leaders" - the evidence for which appears to be that we dropped some points.

Bit of a contradiction in your post, completely writing the team off, and then hoping you're wrong.

As I pointed out, most football fans turn up every week with no hope that their team will win the league. It's maybe unlikely for us, but we're 3 points behind with an OF to come, a position we'd have taken when PC took the reins.

It's also only 2-3 weeks since we all believed this group was going to win the league. Still not impossible.

With respect it is definitely not a contradiction on my part.

I dont trust this team (and, yes, I know that the bheasts are no world beaters either), therefore I cannot see us winning the title.

I hope I'm wrong.

Just how I feel from what Ive seen over the past 4/5 games.

With respect it is definitely not a contradiction on my part.

I dont trust this team (and, yes, I know that the bheasts are no world beaters either), therefore I cannot see us winning the title.

I hope I'm wrong.

Just how I feel from what Ive seen over the past 4/5 games.

That's fair enough, but we should be backing the team to the hilt whilst the hope is still there.

Tbf, the away fans do that, and did that at Ross Co and Dens.

It's the moaners at Ibrox that turn on the players far too quickly, then leave the stadium 10-15 minutes early, despite the managers pleas not too + the usual suspects on here, who will slaughter everyone at the club after any dip in form, I'm referring to.

I’m sorry, but calling out support entitled is a fucking disgrace.

The money we put into our club. The following we give them and time and time again we are let down by them. They bottle it over and over.

Motherwell at home to go 5 points clear - lost it

Celtic at home to go top with a game in hand - drew it after collapsing in the first half - we still haven’t beaten them in the league when it counts since 2021.

Ross County away to go top again - lost it

Dundee away to narrow the gap to 1 point - drew it.

Complete birthday card pish from the OP.

That's fair enough, but we should be backing the team to the hilt whilst the hope is still there.

It's the moaners at Ibrox that turn on the players far too quickly, then leave the stadium 10-15 minutes early, despite the managers please not too + the usual suspects on here, who will slaughter everyone at the club after any dip in form, I'm referring to.
I back the team to the hilt. Always will until mathematically possible. Will sing myself hoarse at the next game as usual. My heart says we'll take 4 off Hearts tomorrow. My head says it'll be a turgid close game.

I agree 100pc with the fans turning too. The toxicity after one or 2 failed passes is ridiculous but thats been evident for seasons.

But in terms of slaughtering players, everyone is entitled to have their say.

Personally the vitriol directed specifically at Tav, Goldson and Lundstram is embarassing. These guys are not perfect but they have NO teammmates who take the burden off them and can 'mask' poor performances by scoring goals.

And it is our lack of potency that will gift the title to a very poor bheast team .

What are you talking about? :D
You’re basically saying the “no surrender” mantra is a facade which is fine, im saying that’s at least better than genuinely coming away with that sort of thing for a side who fail over and over, which surely suggests people are actually not too bothered with the constant 2nd place finishes.

It's the moaners at Ibrox that turn on the players far too quickly, then leave the stadium 10-15 minutes early, despite the managers pleas not too + the usual suspects on here, who will slaughter everyone at the club after any dip in form, I'm referring to.
You don't think the away fans turned on the players at Dingwall or Dundee?

Holy Moly

It doesn't matter how many times you shout no surrender it means eff all.

The players don't care and surrender at the first sign of any pressure

Last edited:
There is nothing entitled about expecting players on 10-20k a week to be able to defend and pass a ball to a team mate and score when given an easy chance

There is nothing entitled about expecting a team to compete with Celtic when other sides in the league can and even beat them on a fraction of money spent on players that whereas we every single time in meaningful games crap the bed against them

There is nothing entitled about expecting total effort when we support the team vocally and financially every single season

There is nothing entitled about fans not settling for second best which the players seem to be doing

Again this no surrender patter really is dire when those running the club
and especially the players show as much fight as the supporters then use it

Entitlement is not something I would accuse our support of. We have backed our club to the hilt through the leagues. Highest attendances in Scotland and the biggest travelling support in Scotland.

We have reached breaking point over the last few weeks due to the shitshow that is unfurling in front of our eyes. Im more angry with myself than the players. After years of watching them fold, I was genuinely sucked in with our form and results over the last few months. I put faith in the players and started to believe that we were going to drive on and reclaim our title. I now feel like a mug.

We get to the business end and the same leadership group shit the bed when silverware is in sight. Like many bears, it’s the final straw for me.

I will be at Hampden on Sunday following the team, however, I can’t wait until this squad is ripped apart and the old guard are thanked for their efforts and moved on. I wouldn’t lose sleep if most of the squad moved on.
Don’t ever feel like a mug for supporting the team.

I’m sorry, but calling out support entitled is a fucking disgrace.

The money we put into our club. The following we give them and time and time again we are let down by them. They bottle it over and over.

Motherwell at home to go 5 points clear - lost it

Celtic at home to go top with a game in hand - drew it after collapsing in the first half - we still haven’t beaten them in the league when it counts since 2021.

Ross County away to go top again - lost it

Dundee away to narrow the gap to 1 point - drew it.

Complete birthday card pish from the OP.

We've won more trophies than any other club in history.

Fans the World over pump their money into their clubs, and the vast majority see a tiny fraction of the success we've enjoyed.

It's been tough since 2012, we've been unfairly hamstrung, but we've still seen the best Euro campaigns of my lifetime in recent years, and we've still got it all to play for this season.

No one is questioning the loyalty of our fans, but a minority of them, including a few on here, are permanently angry, entitled, and appear to take no enjoyment in following Rangers, unless we're winning easily. Not sure they understand the meaning of supporting the team tbh.

I back the team to the hilt. Always will until mathematically possible. Will sing myself hoarse at the next game as usual. My heart says we'll take 4 off Hearts tomorrow. My head says it'll be a turgid close game.

I agree 100pc with the fans turning too. The toxicity after one or 2 failed passes is ridiculous but thats been evident for seasons.

But in terms of slaughtering players, everyone is entitled to have their say.

Personally the vitriol directed specifically at Tav, Goldson and Lundstram is embarassing. These guys are not perfect but they have NO teammmates who take the burden off them and can 'mask' poor performances by scoring goals.

And it is our lack of potency that will gift the title to a very poor bheast team .

Good to hear, hopefully everyone will be a bit happier after tomorrow, with an OF final to look forward to. We can still turn it around, it has to start tomorrow.

Loyalty is a 2 way street

We have a board who treat supporters with contempt and for whom money is the main driver

They don’t hesitate to shaft loyal fans if there is a few quid in it

You can’t buy loyalty you have to earn it
I find this difficult one as the board are pouring money into players wages, We have the biggest wage bill in the league. They are making improvements to Ibrox. They are not just fleecing supporters for the fun of it. Bad players decisions by different manager has slurped up money. Hopefully we now have a team of managers who are going to improve things in that department.

Perspective is based on experience. I experienced 9 in a row, missing 10, wining the next 2 then being in a title fight with them for the most part with McLeish and Walter coming back. from 2012 we've had some hard hard times. For supporters under 30 most of their time supporting us (at least actively) has been pretty bloody tough, at least in terms of honours. Their perspective isn't going to be the same as others who've lived through the success and dominant years. When they lose their shit who can blame them to be fair?
This for me. I’m nearly 40, grew up with 9IAR, Advocaat, McLeish.

I think if you missed those eras and your earliest memories are let’s say Walter coming back and picking up the pieces then you’re going to have a totally different perspective of supporting Rangers. When you’ve known mostly footballing misery since then another year of it probably doesn’t have the same affect to you as it does to the folk who remember what we once were.

Honestly if you want No Surrender go and join your local abod branch club do you honestly think the players in that dressing room give a fcuk about No Surrender type attitudes?? It's the usual Rangers cocktail with loan players not giving a shit, players out of contact checking out and the usual suspects bottle jobs.

Some only know the words mate

Back