What is your 'canny make it up' story about heading to or leaving Ibrox?

We left for the States on April 2, 1974 and sometime leading up to that my dad took me to Ibrox to see a game. Wish I could remember more but I think it was an old firm game.

My dad knew the club secretary at the time so I actually got to go into the dressing room and meet the entire team. I was 7 or 8 at the time so I'm sure I was busting getting to meet my heroes. Wish I could remember more about it, damn this aging brain!

I have all the players and manager's signatures as well, as I was given a page of Rangers letterhead and a pen when I went in. I can make out the obvious ones but could probably figure out the year of the game by identifying the rest of the autographs.

After a game against then at Ibrox when they won - we got back in the car and driving through cardonald when a car full of tims pulled up beside us at the traffic lights and started to give us the fingers and singing their shit - we tried to ignore them and just shook our heads - anyway next set of traffic lights same thing and we are trying hard to ignore them then the lights change and we quickly started moving, the tims also started moving but never noticed the big corporation double decker in front and rear ended it - we stopped and got out absolutely pissin ourselves -pointing at the big bus - they couldn’t handle it and started some poet on poet inside the car - brilliant to see

2-6 at the piggery.

6 of us crammed into a wee Renault, everybody silently fizzing as we worked our way home in the pissing rain, about 200m from home I see a wee auld woman struggling with bags in the heavy rain.

Tell my dad to stop the car, get out, run down and offer to help. Soaked to the skin already by the time I reached her, it turns out her two bags weighed a fekn tonne. She walked slow and it took a good 10-15 mins to reach her door, where I put the bags just inside her and turned to head back across the road at which point she said -

"Thanks very much son, I'll light a candle for you tonight" :eek:
:eek::D:D:D:D

As a young red haired lad my idol was MoJo (10 when he signed so too young to understand the furore). My parents were skint so we never managed many matches. The old boy used to sneak us in to the last half hour once the exit gates opened. On one day we got to the enclosure and I said to him to go right up to the East Enclosure and to the exit nearer the Copland end to get in and near the goal because we were shooting that way and Mojo was going to score.

89th minute.... sure enough. Absolutely magic!

Took the Mrs to a game once. She forgot to flip the seat back down after celebrating...twice.

Edit: no pics
Back in the early 70's my missus-to-be used to go to an occasional game with me.
In those days she would wear floppy cheesecloth shirts, loon pants and no bra. (DEFINITELY no pics)
One sunny day at Dens Park she fainted, and the bears round about helped by picking her up and helping carry her to the back of the terracing. Unfortunately during the proceedings her shirt rode up and her (very small) tits were on show. Luckily she was out cold and didn't realise.
Unfortunately I missed Sandy Jardine scoring a screamer. I stopped taking her to games shortly after that.

Around 1990 I travelled to Pittodrie without a ticket as the plan was I would “double shuffle” into the old Beach end with my 2 mates who had tickets. We had done this loads of times up there so didn’t expect any issues.

My 2 mates got in no problem but for some reason this time I had no luck getting in. Standing in no mans lands just outside the ground at 3.05 I had pretty much given up when a ticket wrapped in a 50p lands at my feet.

Someone had got into the ground and obv didn’t use their ticket - wrapped it up in a 50p and chucked it back outside. Got in with the ticket no problem and then within 5 mins had randomly met my 2 mates in a ram packed beach end.

Unlikely I know, but would be great if I could find out who went to the trouble of doing this to thank them and of course give him his 50p back :)

Back