What's the mark-up on a bovril?

None available at 1450 in GR. had to settle for a flat coke poured into a plastic cup, nae lid. I will take the 3 points though.

God bless our Rangers

Funny enough, Sandy Jardine rear was out by 2pm also
Open a stall outside the ground that does JUST Bovril, bet you would do well
One company. They also do the Argyle House, which puts me off - you could turn up for a Sunday carvery only find they've run out of potatoes and gravy.
That's ridiculous, who at the club is responsible for this situation, and when can it be changed and made fit for purpose?
I don't even bloody eat food at a match but it is surely a basic element for meeting customer needs

As of 14:10, there is no bovril available in the Copland Rear.

This isn't perishable in the same way as burgers and pies.

Given the mark-up, no catering outlet inside the stadium should ever run out of hot or cold drinks, crisps or chocolate.

The firm running the catering is not fit for purpose. Appalling quality, awful service, massively overpriced, poor choice and shocking availability.
None in Govan rear either.

To answer the question in the OP, the cost of a Bovril, including packaging, consumables, and utilities, is less than 30p per cup. I don’t know the labour cost, but someone on minimum wage dispensing a modest 10 Bovrils per hour across their shift (and nothing else) would add £1 to that.

I don’t know how much they charge for a Bovril at Ibrox, but I’ve heard it’s about £3? If that’s right, the gross profit on a Bovril would be £1.70 per cup. And that’s likely an underestimate.

Plus, as has been pointed out, nothing is perishable. Bovril’s a cash cow for a caterer.

Joking aside on a cold day like yesterday you would think they might sell a bit more.
Home bargains sell the pre filled cups with the bovril powder in it, big cups now as well, superb.
I think the sell by is the next millennium so I’m sure our catering could have plenty “stock”.

Slag him if you wish, he's 100% correct though.

Embarrassing running out of something that is a matchday favourite, especially in winter. They should have stacks of the stuff.

Short term thinking from whatever useless idiot is in charge of that side of things.
Is it really a matchday favourite anymore?

The catering at Ibrox is so bad it’s almost parody - honestly gives me a good laugh so I don’t really bother about it.

Slag him if you wish, he's 100% correct though.

Embarrassing running out of something that is a matchday favourite, especially in winter. They should have stacks of the stuff.

Short term thinking from whatever useless idiot is in charge of that side of things.
I agree but a wee tip for anyone who’s suffered this situation.

As a dinosaur myself and creature of habit I’ve had a bovril every game over many decades and won’t change now. What happened to the OP tonight happened to me in 1983 , and I’ve always smuggled two oxo cubes in with me ever since. If there’s no bovril left I ask for a cup of hot water and I sprinkle them in and stir hard. It’s not quite the same but at least you don’t go without. It’s maybe happened 10 times to me since then so worth that extra security. As an aside I’m also partial when in the house to a couple oxo in a mug and dip bread and butter in for my lunch. Under rated

As of 14:10, there is no bovril available in the Copland Rear.

This isn't perishable in the same way as burgers and pies.

Given the mark-up, no catering outlet inside the stadium should ever run out of hot or cold drinks, crisps or chocolate.

The firm running the catering is not fit for purpose. Appalling quality, awful service, massively overpriced, poor choice and shocking availability.

Alright Tubby Scoffalot

I went for one at start of season was told the card machines weren't working and they didn't accept cash now, I just looked at them confused wondering what the %^*& I was supposed to pay with then:))

Anyway GF had non at HT yesterday either

I agree but a wee tip for anyone who’s suffered this situation.

As a dinosaur myself and creature of habit I’ve had a bovril every game over many decades and won’t change now. What happened to the OP tonight happened to me in 1983 , and I’ve always smuggled two oxo cubes in with me ever since. If there’s no bovril left I ask for a cup of hot water and I sprinkle them in and stir hard. It’s not quite the same but at least you don’t go without. It’s maybe happened 10 times to me since then so worth that extra security. As an aside I’m also partial when in the house to a couple oxo in a mug and dip bread and butter in for my lunch. Under rated
You know you can get Bovril cubes?

The catering at Ibrox is a joke. Was one of the “lucky” ones to get the pie and bovril advertised at £5.

Then…£5.20 please.

The catering at Ibrox is a joke. Was one of the “lucky” ones to get the pie and bovril advertised at £5.

Then…£5.20 please.
Frightening. I remember the days £3 got me a full day out, supporters bus to and from game, couple of beers, paid in to Ibrox, chippy on the way home. Easy. £5.20 for a pie and bovril is an utter ripoff ( but I still pay it )

Has anyone mentioned the plastic cups in the Govan Rear? There’s not been any lids available for them for the past two games. At least, not at the GR2 stall…

Having to hope nothing falls in your drink for the duration of a match isn’t the nicest thing.

Has been the same in Club Deck too, flimsy plastic cups, its A riot watching kids trying to walk with a full cup of juice, concourse floor must have as much spilt on it as actually gets drunk.

Freezing cold day in December, limited hot drinks, no doubt end of season in sunshine we will be out of syrup and no juice or getting it poured from bottles again.

It’s dreadful in the stadium and it’s not hard to make decent coffee.
It’s not just that the coffeee is dreadful it’s that it doesn’t really taste of anything.

Also I’ve long thought we’ve got the worst sugar provider in the country, its so weak tasting I think they cut it down like drug dealers

Yeah I was thinking do people really still drink this shit. I thought it disappeared during the mad cow disease scare 20 odd years ago :))
For a wee while it didn't contain any beef, but think they returned to having the real stuff in it due to the national outcry.

The price is “on point with other major UK clubs”…:oops::D
I had one last season and it was stone cold, took it back and the young lad asked if I'd like another. When I said"Yes but not a cold one" I got the glaiket look that most youngsters have. :p

They can't even get soft drinks right, can't get cups with lids and charge far too much for it.

Incompetent chancers.
always reminds of the time petrov got hit with a cup of pepsi, hits the deck then the press come out with 'it was ice in the cup'. Cant even get lids yet they're having us believe we get ice for soft drinks.

Back