Which goal was better? McCoist v Miller (with poll)

Better goal

• McCoist

Votes: 261 85.3%
  • Miller

Votes: 45 14.7%

• Total voters
McCoist goal was brilliant especially given the circumstances with no away fans however I had a great view of Millers goal at the game so for me its Millers but its a close call

As soon as I seen it was McCoist v Leeds, I knew my answer.
What I will say is that in that cup final as Wilson was trudging off, and St boo were lining up their freekick, Miller mouths to the kicker “ we’re still going to win.” I remember it as clear as day, I jumped up and shouted “fücking right we are, Kenny.” And then he scored that superb header. Miller conjures up mixed emotions for me, but on his day he was excellent for us.

Both great goals, and both amazing matches. But McCoist's all day long for me.

I recall that goal getting shown every time there was a Champion's League show on TV that season by ITV.

Miller's is arguably the better finish, but McCoist's is the better goal due to Hateley barely looking up to see where he was - he only seemed to glance over as he first touched the ball and the understanding between the two did the rest.

Millers header is unbelievable , has to generate the power and direction

9 men knackered on a massive playing surface

Wins it for me !!!

McCoist's for me on so many levels: I think it was on "The Battle of Britain" video Ally is describing how he sold Lucic the dummy. He says as the ball was going to him the keeper was watching his eyes to see where he was going to place it: Ally focused on the near post then hit the ball across him, you can see Lucic bought it as his balance is to his left and the ball goes across him. You can practically see the "fck it I've been mugged " expression on his face.

Both great crosses. KM's goal won 9 fantastic battlers a cup against St Mirren. But voted McCoist because it beat he English champions in the Champions League. And that is the greater accomplishment

Got to admire quality of Hately & Naismiths cross balls.....

Has to be super Ally due to importance of goal which i say first ever CL a biger deal than a league cup final

Has to be McCoist's. Great one touch passing/movement off the ball and a wonderful cross from Hateley

I'd probably say Miller had to put more effort into his header to get it on target and away from the keeper.

However the part Hateley plays in the build up to the McCoist goal and the level of opposition sway this towards McCoist's goal.

Both of them were cracking goals. However, McCoist's was superb. To guide the header the way he did whilst on flying through the air was great.

Can't take away from the fact Miller's was a very well placed header though.

Super Ally's goal was absolute perfection. Durrants pass, hateleys one touch and cross. Super Ally's finish.

I'd probably say Miller had to put more effort into his header to get it on target and away from the keeper.

However the part Hateley plays in the build up to the McCoist goal and the level of opposition sway this towards McCoist's goal.
The header was perfect.
Perfect enough to be, almost, lucky.
Let me put it this way.
He wouldn’t score that with another hundred attempts.
McCoist would have scored his probably as much as another twice in his hundred attempts.

The Hateley dummy adds to the first goal. Ally for me on this one.

A great poll between two fantastic goals each of which shows brilliant counter attacking football.

McCoists for me given the quality of the opposition but only just. Millers not far behind considering it’s a cup final and we were down to 9 men.

Can’t believe anyone didn’t vote Coisty here.

similar goals (as is the point). But Coisty’s is better. Then factor in the quality of opposition and what it meant in wider football terms.

Today's poll is between 2 classic Rangers goals scored by our Number 9 when we hit the opposition on the break.

First, in 1992 we played English champions Leeds United in the Battle of Britain qualifier for the first ever Champions League. 3-1 up on aggregate, but under the cosh away from home with no Rangers support, we broke from the edge of our penalty area in a sweeping move that was finished by an Ally McCoist header. The tie was won.

Second in 2010 we found ourselves playing 9 v 11 in the League Cup final against St Mirren and they were camped around our penalty box. Then with 7 minutes left we broke from the edge of our penalty area and within seconds the ball was in the net thanks to a Kenny Miller header. The cup was won.

2 immortal goals. 2 Walter Smith masterclasses. 2 favourite moments. But which goal was better?

Has to be Ally's for me, my second favourite Rangers goal just behind Durrant's against the dhims when Cooper left Aitkin on his arse

Back