Who will monitor VAR Scotland

Right, so Nick Walsh/Willie Collum/John Beaton/Andrew Dallas/Bobby Madden etc actually hate Rangers and make decisions based on that?

I don't buy that for a minute and think it's more than a little defeatist.
We are both entitled to our opinion. The actual evidence proves they are cheats. You only have to go back a couple of days. No cheating and Rangers have three points. No cheating and they have one.

VAR will help to correct wrong decisions because of increased scrutiny. I didn't notice the shirt pull on Sunday, but I saw Bates pulling Sakala when we got a late pen v Aberdeen. I'm in GR7, but I bet 80% of the crowd at Ibrox didn't see Bates fouling Sakala.
I saw Dermot Gallagher yesterday looking at both Sunday incidents. He wasn't sure if the handball was a penalty because it came off a United player then hit the arm of a United player, but the shirt pull was a pen and a red card.

Word is we will have VAR next season.

My question is one that may or may not be able to be answered by someone ITK or with an idea how it runs in England and abroad.

What is the normal procedure for who monitors these big decisions back in the tv studio? Is it an ex referee looking for things? Is it an approved VAR trained official? Will we have one for each SPL game next season? And who will it be?

I want VAR it’s long overdue. However I have a major concern that the decisions we have seen week in week out this season favouring the yahoos will only continue and even get worse unless we have balanced, independent individuals in the booths checking the incidents.

Thoughts bears?

Edit - sensible replies only please we have all heard the”it will be Clancy, Gerry adams and Graham Speirs” jokes and they are boring as fck.
In England, the feeds go back to St Georges park in the midlands.
they are monitored by present refs.
for convenience, it could be done at bbc/STV studios where a feed goes in just now.

If the game is televised and everyone else and their cat sees the shirt pull, how would a VAR official attempt to claim not to have seen it?

Prove he didn’t. The TV pictures prove he can’t have missed it. Fact.

Now prove Madden and his assistant referee DID see it and ignore it. You can’t.

That line of thinking is incredulous.
Nobody apart from maybe Borna saw the handball in Dortmund,the VAR official called it.All people are saying is it beyond the realms of possibility that a mhank leaning var operator might also have "missed" it.

Nobody apart from maybe Borna saw the handball in Dortmund,the VAR official called it.All people are saying is it beyond the realms of possibility that a mhank leaning var operator might also have "missed" it.
That’s true. But nobody could have honestly and legitimately missed the vast majority of “honest mistakes” made in games even lately, never mind the likes of 3 Tims so far offside at a Cup Final winner they may as well have been in the queue for a Bovril.

That would be easily provable as “at it” if that wasn’t ruled out. Same as the majority of the other black and white decisions.

There is some amount of hysteria over VAR.

Shoddy decisions can be overlooked as a crap official can say they missed it or whatever but the notion Peter Lawwell or Kevin Clancy will be in a studio with VAR making blatant/shoddy decisions is insane.
Every pundit I heard and an Ex-referee turned pundit, told us the 2 handballs at the weekend were not penalites.
Everyone who wasn't a current or former Rangers employee, felt Morelos against Aberdeen was "an obvious penalty".

I look forward to us getting VAR, which mean we would now experience the new approach linesman have to offside because of VAR.

That should be some laugh on here.

My question is one that may or may not be able to be answered by someone ITK or with an idea how it runs in England and abroad.

What is the normal procedure for who monitors these big decisions back in the tv studio? Is it an ex referee looking for things? Is it an approved VAR trained official? Will we have one for each SPL game next season? And who will it be?

I want VAR it’s long overdue. However I have a major concern that the decisions we have seen week in week out this season favouring the yahoos will only continue and even get worse unless we have balanced, independent individuals in the booths checking the incidents.

Thoughts bears?

Edit - sensible replies only please we have all heard the”it will be Clancy, Gerry adams and Graham Speirs” jokes and they are boring as fck.
One word, “Liewell” lurking in the Shadows.

That’s true. But nobody could have honestly and legitimately missed the vast majority of “honest mistakes” made in games even lately, never mind the likes of 3 Tims so far offside at a Cup Final winner they may as well have been in the queue for a Bovril.

That would be easily provable as “at it” if that wasn’t ruled out. Same as the majority of the other black and white decisions.
Yeah I agree that as you say incidents like the cup final would be impossible not to give but what some of us are concerned about are the marginal ones.Again to use the Dortmund incident,neither the officials or the TV team picked up on that and if it wasn't for an honest VAR operator we would be none the wiser.The question some are asking is it possible here in Scotland that a mhank leaning var operator would not be as honest.
When you have rhats like the former SPL chief Roger Mitchell and the current spfl chairman mclennan openly showing their hatred towards us I think we are right to be wary.

Yeah I agree that as you say incidents like the cup final would be impossible not to give but what some of us are concerned about are the marginal ones.Again to use the Dortmund incident,neither the officials or the TV team picked up on that and if it wasn't for an honest VAR operator we would be none the wiser.The question some are asking is it possible here in Scotland that a mhank leaning var operator would not be as honest.
When you have rhats like the former SPL chief Roger Mitchell and the current spfl chairman mclennan openly showing their hatred towards us I think we are right to be wary.
I get your point on the Dortmund one too, but let’s even go on an 80/20 rule.

If VAR only helped us to straighten out 80% of the “honest mistakes” that have cost us points and given them points, that is surely still better than them being bent/incompetent enough for us to lose 100% of the time.

They can’t bend a VAR offside line, they can’t bluff a foul being outside the box when it’s clearly shown on it and they can’t bluff shirt pulling. That’s only 3 “honest mistakes” that cannot be open to interpretation. Clear black and white decisions and only not given because “not seen”.

It’s been costed at 82k per season per top flight club . Absolute peanuts even in Scottish terms. It will go ahead.

Some people seem to be completely missing my point in the OP.

I am in favour of VAR.

My point is whoever is in the booth is key, people saying referees can’t hide anymore with it etc, the fact is unless an incident is chosen to be highlighted by whoever is controlling VAR, you won’t even get the chance to see the replay of the incident in the first place.

Instead of making shite jokes about lawell etc does anyone actually have a sensible answer as to who it is who monitors it and who decides what incidents are worth highlighting during match time?
I would allow each team to also have a certain amount of appeals which they are allowed to highlight as in the tennis. Probably needs a bit of thought but I am sure you catch my drift?

The point of VAR should be to cut out the real howlers - like Sakala being hauled to the ground. Not to fret about someones nipple being offside.

If a referee can look at that footage and say thats not a penalty then we really do have a bigger problem.

... and at that point, you would have concrete evidence of rules, deliberately, not being applied correctly

Its far easier for a ref to say "i never saw it", but when its been clearly drawn to his attention and his response is recorded, then i doubt even the Maddens and Clancys of this world would be brave enough to continue with their current m.o.

The point of VAR should be to cut out the real howlers - like Sakala being hauled to the ground. Not to fret about someones nipple being offside.

If a referee can look at that footage and say thats not a penalty then we really do have a bigger problem.

Just having VAR should mitigate things like that even happening in the first place

As some clubs are dragging their heels and looking for any excuse not to have VAR I don't think we'll need to worry about who'll help celtic running it. A lot of clubs must be worried about the amount of dodgy points they'll loss due to VAR. It won't happen until celtic and their cronies know they have full control.

Every pundit I heard and an Ex-referee turned pundit, told us the 2 handballs at the weekend were not penalites.
Everyone who wasn't a current or former Rangers employee, felt Morelos against Aberdeen was "an obvious penalty".
The point I'm trying to make is that in real time a referee can either not see something or just 'say they never' and a pundit can invariabley talk shite to gather ratings.

A panel consistently giving wrong decisions/missing things using VAR would not get away with that.

VAR would benefit the game up here in general, yet it appears some think that it gives Celtic extra license....

Absolutely mate. The twat McFadden even said that the scumdee players hand was at his side!

Where do you start with people like that who cannot be objective? They are basically liars and cheats, Gallagher being the same. The host on Sky was bemused when he said the hand ball wasn’t a penalty as were the other 2 panellist’s.

Too many people on here are believing those officiating are going to give honest decisions and not be biased towards their favourite team. We have had the most corrupt role in the compliance officer position and as a club we’ve sat and took it despite the horrendous bias. The stats from it prove how their favourite team were hardly ever cited despite some horrendous challenges from their players (especially Lego) etc. yet we were regularly cited or received bookings red cards for the most innocuous of situations and teams playing against us getting away with horrendous challenges.

You also see the rhetoric from the SPFL in relation to the Cinch debacle in trying to get clubs to act against Rangers and paint us as the big bad guys. We have no friends anywhere in Scottish football. They all hate us with a concerted mhedia campaign of lies, subterfuge and negativity towards our club and our fans.

There has to be independence built in somewhere, if not, we will still be fucked.

I don't know exactly how it works ...I take it the V A R panel contact the referee and ask him to have a look on the screen pitchside , if they suspect a wrong decision or overlooked incident , they can advise the referee of their findings , but does the ref. have the final say ? What chance would we have if the ref.was a clacy/madden/colum..?
Does it mean if the panel are biased against us , which lets face it the tim have infiltrated every other establishment in our country then the same panel wouldn't flag it up if they thought it would benefit us ,

The point I'm trying to make is that in real time a referee can either not see something or just 'say they never' and a pundit can invariabley talk shite to gather ratings.

A panel consistently giving wrong decisions/missing things using VAR would not get away with that.

VAR would benefit the game up here in general, yet it appears some think that it gives Celtic extra license....
I can't help but believe that the penalty incident v Dortmund which was missed by everyone except Borna and the VAR room, would be missed by VAR if we played Aberdeen and would be seen if it was Celtic v Aberdeen.

VAR in scotshit football. One incident from last season would make me wary of any Scottish ex referees appointment.
The assault by Dundee United player at Ibrox. Studs into his knee with straight leg challenge. Clancy a couple of feet away with a clear view. Sees nothing wrong. It goes to compliance officer or whatever.
Three unnamed ex referees watch and study assault from every available angle and don't see anything wrong. These are the clowns who'll get the jobs. Just cannot trust anyone in Scottish football to be honest no matter what we see they'll see it different.
And that is why no referee from Scotland gets a European game.

Probably the Pope.
Aye! .....The man with the pointed hat can fix anything?
The word is you cant get into God's paradise club without the nod from him?

No black tie needed to enter the paradise club just a nod from the guy with a pair of slippers and a pointed hat?

Did his loyal disciples the Mafia not fix the "world series" in America?

Thoughts bears?

VAR decisions will undergo more scrutiny than other decisions.I wouldnt have any fears the Tims will find a way of influencing it.

It's not happening.
All clubs asked to vote and give up income for it? No chance.
Only way this comes in is if Rangers and Celtic( no laughing) agree to foot the entire bill.
Hell, it's would probably just be beneficial for us to come out at the start and say we will find a way to fund it for the 1st X years. Then listen to the excuses pour in when money being an issue is off the table as a roadblock. We know they don't want it and that's where the story ends.

The one cgange I would make is to show people in the ground the decision after its been made. So much confusion in the ground when sometbing happens and they have no idea whats happening. Its meant to make games fairer and the experience better for fans.

Report on Sky stating if the clubs want it they must pay £100k per club per season. It will be voted down.

Only in Scotland could this happen
While I take your point, Sky should be paying a going rate for our games, but then that's another discussion around Doncaster.

I can't help but believe that the penalty incident v Dortmund which was missed by everyone except Borna and the VAR room, would be missed by VAR if we played Aberdeen and would be seen if it was Celtic v Aberdeen.
VAR in that case still relies on someone seeing it or wanting to see it. Easily missed. I'm watching the game on TV and missed it. My son sitting with me doesn't see it either. It's a corner and a cross into a box and it's got our full attention. We missed it. If I'm the VAR guy, I'm watching it on a TV I would have missed it. Unless there is a protocol that say rewind/ watch/ rewind/ watch.

Craig Thompson and you now know the outcome.
They will be running Scottish football for many years to come unless we start winning everything!

The European refs are just as bad as the ones we have in Scotland

You took that too far ;)

This is by no means a compliment to the European refereeing performances we've been treated to.

Incidentally if we get VAR, are we getting overdue goal line technology in the SPL? It's tinpot we still don't have it and I fully expect Mulvanney (sp) or another linesman to miss a legitimate goal if presented with a glimmer of an opportunity.

I really hope we use independent officials from down south or Europe because I don’t trust ours and I don’t believe we have enough of them to cover the games
Will be Scottish refs and Retiredj refs. So really only as good as the pricks that doing it.

Back