Whoever our new Chairman is, he needs to start with a bang.

We do have proper backers in place. And they are doing it the right way. We are a player sale a season away from break even. Even whilst we have not merchandise revenue coming in.

We don’t need other people financially supporting us at this time imo.
I hope your right with that. If that’s the case, then we would have nothing to worry about financially.
In any case, we still require a strong board and an even stronger chairman who’s going to be at the forefront of this business.
We need a board we can trust and respect and be safe in the knowledge they will fight on all fronts for the club and fans.

With all due respect. What would he bring to a senior management position?

Whilst we need someone to come out fighting, the role is shit load more than that.

I clearly don’t know the man, but I have massive reservations about him being the right fit for the role of chairman.
I agree but a great chairman leads and delegates with staff he puts in place, There are many Chairmen in many walks of life who don’t have the actual skills but have the drive and focus with staff doing what is needed

Who are we going to cultivate friendships with mate .celtic run the sfa it is full of their puppets and also full of rangers haters .the other clubs in the league seem happy with this.
As for political alliances we live in snp dominated Scotland a political party who seem to go out of their way to hate rangers.
At no point am I saying what you have posted is the wrong idea .I just see it as an uphill struggle to say the least.
I agree, it is an uphill struggle but we have to start somewhere. We will never get anywhere as long as we are a minority of 1. There are plenty of clubs outwith the most odious ones (scum, spoonburners, dundee hibs) who we could do business with whilst holding our noses, knowing it is for the greater and long term good.

Politically, it would be even more difficult but we all know how mendacious, hypocritical & greedy all politicians are, so it wouldn't be difficult to get a few in our pockets even if it is at a local level to begin with (e.g. Glasgow City Council). A few ££ to help with campaign expenses, a little more to assist with running their offices, contributions to favourite charities, etc then when they climb the greasy pole they will be so far in with us that they'd have to continue to give us their support or risk everything coming out. Almost every politician would sell their own grandmothers if the price is right so getting them onside wouldn't be that difficult unless they are in the realms of The Hag/Ill Phil madness.

Continuing to effectively sit in the huff in the corner, making friends with no one and not even fighting back is not an option. Whatever the club's current policy is on their relationships with SFA and the media, it's not working and it's time for a change.

Step forward Mr Souness
Would love that magnificent B* to be on the board at exec level, but not as chairman. It has to be someone with significant commercial and business acumen IMO. There's much more to the role than dealing with SFA and Media. I'd rather have someone with a proven track record, preferably from a business / sector where they've been up against it and still been able to deliver long-term success. Coming from a football / Rangers back ground as well would be a huge plus.

Just noticed this astute response. Care to construct a case for straw men?
A straw man is a form of argument and an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent.[1] One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man".

Honestly I had to look that up. I will leave it at that.

Enjoy the game tonight.

LOL your wanting his ticket.
You'd be surprised! I'll wait patiently on the email like everyone else. Alternatively, I'll do what I done this year and wait until someone posts their season ticket in the ticket office :))

Do you not agree that giving up a season ticket because you're unhappy with how the club defends itself is terrible?

Am I missing something, Graeme Souness being touted for Chairman of Rangers? I love him as much as we all do but what's the thinking behind this?

Just a quick comment about PR and finances.

IF our Club had been smarter but also far more vocal in the support and defence of their players who have been unfairly targetted / punished by match officials (Morelos being the obvious one, Katic also being one who was unevenly reffed re the shirt pull, etc) then at least one thing would be true -- Alfie would be a "better" goalscorer.

Who knows -- if the players were confident that they wouldn't be getting fecking assaulted out on the pitch by opponents who mostly walk away smirking, unpunished, then the team might be more confident, be picking up points that have been wrongly lost to us, and all-round our players would look "better".

Come the summer, what are we looking at for Alfie then ?
Most of us thought that £20m was at least a reasonable number, but in the context of his numerous cards and "lack" of goals, it could be a lot less.
Same goes for other players -- for instance, Aribo is a star when he is playing football and not trying to avoid being booted to f**k all over the park.

THIS is the direct connection between money coming into the Club and our Club doing its PR correctly, or not.
Do it right, and we receive good bids for players that are being allowed to play the actual game.
Do it as we are doing, and our players look like a bunch of low-scoring losers.
And we won't receive bids that equate to their true value.

Hopefully, the new Chariman is somebody who understands the financial side of defending your Club and players, as well as the visceral, supporter side of it.

Souness doesn't seem to keep abreast of matters north of the border and has a cushy job on Sky. I'd be amazed if he's up for the job or if, at 66 years old and with well known heart problems, he'd be up for it.

I thought Alistair Johnston was being lined up to replace Dave King.

I've nothing to back this up except him previously being Chairman.

Tin hat on but a bit amateurish that we are a good few months on from our absentee chairman announcing he will step down with no sign of a replacement.

Club needs direction from the very top.

No idea if he is interested in football but a Malcolm Rifkin or Michael Forsyth or even a Ruth Davidson who have political nuance which we are missing.

Him or her will probably be announced at season ticket renewal time prepared with a heart string tugging statement

Who are we going to cultivate friendships with mate .celtic run the sfa it is full of their puppets and also full of rangers haters .the other clubs in the league seem happy with this.
As for political alliances we live in snp dominated Scotland a political party who seem to go out of their way to hate rangers.
At no point am I saying what you have posted is the wrong idea .I just see it as an uphill struggle to say the least.
While I get what you are saying we simply have to try. Its not sustainable to go on as we are and banning left right and centre won't work long term.

Maybe I’m looking at this all wrong. We don’t need a rich owner to put money in. We don’t need fans to put money in (beyond the usual ways). We just need to live in a self sustaining fashion.

Granted at the moment we are getting loans to keep things going but that’s being converted to equity and is only happening because of the mental situation we find our selves in.
Thought the loans had stopped?

Back