You need a goal to stay in a title race

RotterdamBear

You sub off :-

Cantwell

Silva

Roofe

Sima

None were playing well but neither were the guys that got left on who were also more of the defensive end of things

It tells me that this man cant change his tactics or shape at a moment of need

The 4 players listed above all have a 'moment' in them absolutely crazy subs to Pedro levels

Silva...... but it takes him about 5 mins to walk off the pitch in his little huff!!
Every time he gets subbed he acts like he has been playing like prime Maradona and deserves to be kept on!!

Hes got a cheek. I put a lot of the blame on our current form on him being shoehorned into the team. He got put on out left against Motherwell because we basically had no other options to play wide and despite being rubbish he has kept his place there despite other players coming back in.

Silva...... but it takes him about 5 mins to walk off the pitch in his little huff!!
Every time he gets subbed he acts like he has been playing like prime Maradona and deserves to be kept on!!

Yeah i completely agree but it was a time of need

Silva has more in him than the guys that came on (i know it doesn't say an awful lot)

How about putting him in his natural position instead of subbing him

Players are crap and have terrible attitudes but anyone can see this manager has no idea what he's doing

Cantwell

Silva

Roofe

Sima

None were playing well but neither were the guys that got left on who were also more of the defensive end of things

The 4 players listed above all have a 'moment' in them absolutely crazy subs to Pedro levels

Thinking of the last time we had a 'moment' from Silva or Cantwell..... Nope, can't think of anything.

Sima and Roofe are just back from injury - the latter having his first start in four months. They were never lasting 90 minutes.

Yeah i completely agree but it was a time of need

Silva has more in him than the guys that came on (i know it doesn't say an awful lot)
Would be nice to see him played in a position that suits him and in a team that works hard.
Effort, running off the ball and closing down,

Cantwell

Silva

Roofe

Sima

Roofe can only play certain minutes per the medics
Matondo did more than Silva and at least tried to shoot.
Sima was out on his feet and again managing minutes
Cantwell should have stayed on and Lawrence off

Cantwell

Silva

Roofe

Sima

Yes, there's a whiff of "do Plan A better" about our fixed formation and tactics. (Although we did appear to switch to 3 at the back in the second half last night, but to no discernible effect.)

It was genuinely quite embarrassing just how little we created yesterday. Whatever Clement and the team are working on in training it isn't working. I suspect the players just aren't responding to Clement's instructions which is why we look the same as we did at times under Gio and Beale - they've just reverted back to doing what they want.

We needed to start with pace and get at Dundee.
We played hoof ball and left the midfield wide open for them to dominate.

We should have had Matondo and McCausland on from the off and got at Dundee down the flanks or them running into balls from Catwell and Lawrence. The latter being able to bring out a new range of books, Where's Larry

It was genuinely quite embarrassing just how little we created yesterday. Whatever Clement and the team are working on in training it isn't working. I suspect the players just aren't responding to Clement's instructions which is why we look the same as we did at times under Gio and Beale - they've just reverted back to doing what they want.
Yes, Goldson Tav and Lundstram tip tapping about at the back, then one of them launching the ball out of play.

We literally had one shot on target in the second half and people are arguing that the forward players should have been kept on.
180 mins against County and Dundee who are the 2nd and 3rd worst defences in the league and all we have managed is an own goal and penalty while chasing a title. The forward players apart from Sima are the poorest we have had in years.

Thinking of the last time we had a 'moment' from Silva or Cantwell..... Nope, can't think of anything.

Sima and Roofe are just back from injury - the latter having his first start in four months. They were never lasting 90 minutes.

Cantwells cross v Hibs is the kind of thing id be hoping for him to produce

I said at the time the starting line up was wrong. But I can't really blame the subs. I would like to think Clement sent them back out after half time and told them under no uncertain terms that he would give them 10 more minutes to show they were Rangers quality and then hooked three at 55 minutes (would explain why they all looked annoyed coming off). Roofe didnt have the legs in him and had done nothing, Silva did nothing either so I can see him coming off, and then either Cantwell, Lawrence or Lundstram could all have come off. Sima is not yet fully fit so no issue with the subs.

Cantwell

Silva

Roofe

Sima

Surely when the title and a CL place is at stake and you need a goal you would try two strikers through the middle instead of just one?

We should have had Matondo and McCausland on from the off and got at Dundee down the flanks or them running into balls from Catwell and Lawrence. The latter being able to bring out a new range of books, Where's Larry

And should have been 1-0 down inside 30 seconds.

Learn from this quickly... Tavernier said.

I said at the time the starting line up was wrong. But I can't really blame the subs. I would like to think Clement sent them back out after half time and told them under no uncertain terms that he would give them 10 more minutes to show they were Rangers quality and then hooked three at 55 minutes (would explain why they all looked annoyed coming off). Roofe didnt have the legs in him and had done nothing, Silva did nothing either so I can see him coming off, and then either Cantwell, Lawrence or Lundstram could all have come off. Sima is not yet fully fit so no issue with the subs.

Im not buying Sima couldnt manage 11 more mins

And as slim as it may be theres more chance of a goal out the ones that were hooked than the likes of Lundstram he left on

Its just weird

Cantwell

Silva

Roofe

Sima

We get it mate, you hate this manager

How many threads and posts do you intend making to ensure more people get your message?

I’m so pissed off at them at the moment, I was mega positive we would beat them at Ibrox and go on and lift the title.
Just a team of absolute shitebags who you’d never want at your back if you were in trouble. Can’t even square up and get in any ones face…..shitebags!!

I’d hope there’s not something in this deal that means he’s having to start X amount of games.

He’s done nothing

Cantwell

Silva

Roofe

Sima

I think Sima was running on empty,he was anonymous in the second half,can Roof last a whole game?Silva again wasnt contributing a lot.Possibly would have kept Cantwell on as you say may have had a moment but it is a sad state of play if that is what we are relying on.
Hopefully we can "reset" as they say and somehow recapture our form.

I’d hope there’s not something in this deal that means he’s having to start X amount of games.

He’s done nothing
It would be more concerning if there isn't a clause as that would suggest the manager thinks his form is acceptable

If I was subbed when we needed a goal and Lundstrum,Tav,and Goldson were still strolling about the park I would be in the fukin huff as well.

Cantwell cross v Hibs for dessers header or his effort off bar v County.

Hes not been great but he's not always played.

The team is full of bang average players, few compliment each other and some do next to nothing. Lawrence and Silva for example.

Matondo and Dessers came closer to scoring than Silva and Roofe did so unsure how taken Silva and Roofe off was such a bad call. As for Sima, like Roofe, that's to do with returning from injury.

Cantwell or Lawrence, personally would have went the other way but neither could complain at being subbed last night, manager picked Cantwell. Although unsure what Clement thought he was going to get from Dowell.

The lack of passion and commitment to win last night was appalling

Team never looked aggressive or threatening apart from a coupe of half chances and a header from Goldson in the 1st half

It might sound a bit comical saying this is our biggest issue given our comedy defending and clownish finishing, but having no midfield is absolutely killing us.

We’re playing with one midfielder, and no plan to incorporate the players who are playing in the midfield positions into any kind of game plan.

We’re being absolutely overrun in there, which is why there’s zero pressing or support for the attackers, and zero cover for the defence.

The press in particular is an absolute fucking shambles.

There were four or five occasions last night when Dundee players were literally standing on their own in dangerous positions - we nearly lost another goal in the first minute because of it.

Yes, our jellyfish players have shat the bed yet again, but Clement has totally and absolutely lost the fucking plot too.

And there’s no point in us kidding on we can’t see it.

Is there never a time to just play 2 strikers? Why has that become such a red line for modern managers? We were creating nothing, the least we could do was occupy their back line and get men forward.

Is there never a time to just play 2 strikers? Why has that become such a red line for modern managers? We were creating nothing, the least we could do was occupy their back line and get men forward.

When you look at the way Silva and Sima were playing, we pretty much had three strikers on the pitch for a lot of the game. They weren't staying particularly wide too often - we saw Silva moving over to the right to join Sima at points.

If a team is sitting in, which Dundee were in the second half, they want you to play two strikers up against them and throw bodies up because they're slightly easier to defend against than runners from deep or players who force you to step out of position.

This isn't aimed at yourself obviously, but the notion that a manager making subs that largely keep the shape of the team intact is somehow clueless is just reactionary and unfounded. Also, when you're bringing on Matondo and McCausland for Sima and Silva, you can't say that's like-for-like subs - the formation on paper won't really change, but those are very different styles of player.

When you look at the way Silva and Sima were playing, we pretty much had three strikers on the pitch for a lot of the game. They weren't staying particularly wide too often - we saw Silva moving over to the right to join Sima at points.

If a team is sitting in, which Dundee were in the second half, they want you to play two strikers up against them and throw bodies up because they're slightly easier to defend against than runners from deep or players who force you to step out of position.

This isn't aimed at yourself obviously, but the notion that a manager making subs that largely keep the shape of the team intact is somehow clueless is just reactionary and unfounded. Also, when you're bringing on Matondo and McCausland for Sima and Silva, you can't say that's like-for-like subs - the formation on paper won't really change, but those are very different styles of player.

Was noticeable that Tav and Sterlings positioning changed when McCausland and Matondo came on and they were very much playing inside or "inverted" rather than going on the outside.

Back