Paul Mcginn slams John Beaton

uneasydaz

HIBS defender Paul McGinn has accused Premier Sports Cup Final referee John Beaton of "letting Celtic score" when the game should've been called back for a substitution.

A double from star man Kyogo Furuhashi sealed the deal as the Parkhead club came from a goal down to win 2-1.

Scotland cap McGinn took issue with Beaton's officiating and accused him of double standards, claiming the run-up to the winning goal would've been treated differently if it was Hibs on the attack - and that the free-kick that led to it all was never a foul to begin with.

Speaking to Premier Sports, the defender said: "I'm feeling sore. We knew Celtic would have a lot of the ball in the first half.

"I'm a bit sore about a couple of decisions.

"Fair play to Kyogo. He's a killer, he's on the move the whole time and his finishes especially for the second one are really good.

"But for the second one, the fourth official has the board in his hand so we're all expecting the sub to be made.

"It's not a foul for starters.

"If that was Hibs and we're through on goal, he'll call it back 100 per-cent.

"But for us, he just lets Celtic go and score.

"Ninety seconds after it, Anthony Ralston takes a quick throw and there's a sub ready and he blows it back to let the sub be made.

"It's all there in black and white for me.

"I did have a word. You'll see me getting booked directly after it.

"I don't know what was said to me. It was 'get away' or something."

McGinn doubled down on his criticism of Beaton and went into further detail on his conversations with the ref in the wake of Kyogo's second goal.

This time it was over the lack of a whistle to signal Celtic were clear to take the free-kick that led to the winner.

He said: "Celtic had plenty of the ball and plenty of chances.

"I can't complain, we should defend them better.

"One of the rules is to play until the whistle's gone.

"I actually asked him and said 'Was there a whistle to play the free-kick?'

"He said 'You've been in the game a long time. I don't need to whistle'."

But they are the only fan base who will pan refs Windows in when their families are at home and threaten to kill them.

So looks like there was a substitution to be made and Hibs players were waiting for it. Celtic player takes a quick free kick and Kyogo scores. Maybe nothing John Beaton can do about it.

Last edited:
Feck McGinn and feck HIVs, they're quick enough to play along with the bheasts when it suits them.
Reap what you sow, potato head.

take this with a pinch of salt myself, as mcginn done his best to try and gift them a penalty himself

HIBS defender Paul McGinn has accused Premier Sports Cup Final referee John Beaton of "letting Celtic score" when the game should've been called back for a substitution.

A double from star man Kyogo Furuhashi sealed the deal as the Parkhead club came from a goal down to win 2-1.

Scotland cap McGinn took issue with Beaton's officiating and accused him of double standards, claiming the run-up to the winning goal would've been treated differently if it was Hibs on the attack - and that the free-kick that led to it all was never a foul to begin with.

Speaking to Premier Sports, the defender said: "I'm feeling sore. We knew Celtic would have a lot of the ball in the first half.

"I'm a bit sore about a couple of decisions.

"Fair play to Kyogo. He's a killer, he's on the move the whole time and his finishes especially for the second one are really good.

"But for the second one, the fourth official has the board in his hand so we're all expecting the sub to be made.

"It's not a foul for starters.

"If that was Hibs and we're through on goal, he'll call it back 100 per-cent.

"But for us, he just lets Celtic go and score.

"Ninety seconds after it, Anthony Ralston takes a quick throw and there's a sub ready and he blows it back to let the sub be made.

"It's all there in black and white for me.

"I did have a word. You'll see me getting booked directly after it.

"I don't know what was said to me. It was 'get away' or something."

McGinn doubled down on his criticism of Beaton and went into further detail on his conversations with the ref in the wake of Kyogo's second goal.

This time it was over the lack of a whistle to signal Celtic were clear to take the free-kick that led to the winner.

He said: "Celtic had plenty of the ball and plenty of chances.

"I can't complain, we should defend them better.

"One of the rules is to play until the whistle's gone.

"I actually asked him and said 'Was there a whistle to play the free-kick?'

"He said 'You've been in the game a long time. I don't need to whistle'."

Faor play him calling it out but will probably be last we ever hear of it

You reap what you sow, get it up you

Referees who risk their career and reputation pandering to bigots who hate them

Clubs who refuse to admit the Scottish game stinks just to get it up us one last time

People from all walks of life yet collectively always seem to show they have no spine and no ambition, which explains the state of their clubs and careers compared to us

I agree there is inconsistency with refs but if you have been awarded a free kick,unless the ref is going to book someone or whatever,you should be allowed to take it immediately a la alexander arnolds corner against Barcelona.

I agree there is inconsistency with refs but if you have been awarded a free kick,unless the ref is going to book someone or whatever,you should be allowed to take it immediately a la alexander arnolds corner against Barcelona.
Yes but the assistant was still too far down the park ready for the substitution. It meant if there was an offside he wasn't up with play enough to call it.

I don't believe the refs are biased, towards them, however, they are feart of that lot and scared of possible repercussions. i.e. windows put in etc.

Beaton doing what Beaton does, single handedly winning games for the paedo filth. No different to every other official in Scotland. Corrupt to the core, nonce condoning scum.

Yes but the assistant was still too far down the park ready for the substitution. It meant if there was an offside he wasn't up with play enough to call it.
I'll give you that.Just making a point in general about advantage of a free kick.All this waiting til walls are ready,corners etc is wrong.If the referee is up with play it should be to the team with the balls advantage when they want to take it.

So what’s the rule regarding subs? How soon does the 4th official notify the ref?
As soon as the foul is given the Hivs assistant hands the 4th official a paper. I assume for a sub.
Ten seconds pass before the kick is taken and you can see that Hibs thought they were making a sub at that point.
Also, there was a post yesterday that showed we were prevented from taking a quick corner so that Dundee could make a sub.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

McGinn drinks toilet water for sport and his team is fucking dross

There was no way Hibs were lifting the cup today, just there making up the numbers. Donkeys, to a fucking man

So what’s the rule regarding subs? How soon does the 4th official notify the ref?
As soon as the foul is given the Hivs assistant hands the 4th official a paper. I assume for a sub.
Ten seconds pass before the kick is taken and you can see that Hibs thought they were making a sub at that point.
Also, there was a post yesterday that showed we were prevented from taking a quick corner so that Dundee could make a sub.
giphy-downsized-large.gif
As soon as I seen the goal I knew they had been done like a kipper over this. The full Hibs team stopped. Play to the whistle….oh wait….

Why are Hibs complaining? Their fans are the most vocal when it comes to talking about conspiracy theories that favour Rangers. Why expect anything from refs when Celtic will always benefit. Anyway, great t shirts..

From the highlights it looks like the sub isn't even stripped or pitchside yet. An angle from the opposite side would clear it all up. Yes the asst ref is only in line with the Hibs defenders but that's just a shite linesman not being switched on. Beaton is looking directly across the park so would surely see Scott Allan standing there jiggling his fat wee legs, the linesman with his flag held above his head and the 4th official holding up the board? Surely to %^*&, he's not that blind, he misses all that? I think McGinn is looking to blame anyone at all for him and his mates falling asleep and costing themselves the game. Their centre half (Hanlon?) is wandering away with his back to the ball when the free kick is played over his head ffs.

Bl
4 games since they went mental about the refs again, 6 game changing decisions called wrong on their favour.

It works every time for them.
Blame the authorities, they won't make refs full time or declare who they support.
They also allow celtc's intimidating, not a chance the FA's in England, Germany etc would allow a club to use it's agm to claim they're being cheated or allow a film to be made in their stadium claiming the same.

No doubt he’ll find himself in hot water with the Compliant Officer for calling into question the “honest mistakes” of the officials.

It’s becoming an ever more regular occurrence this isn’t it?

I said to the missus today - how long before a ref gives them a penalty, whips off to a Tim top, boots it in himself and then does a lap of honour of the pitch to celebrate?

Back