Ramsay ruled out of Dortmund game

Status
Not open for further replies.
The clubs medical bills must be through the roof with all the injury prone players we have, we are about to add another injury prone player (Souttar) in the summer.

If we don’t have a pay for play deal I will be extremely disappointed.

I said it was a risky move on here and questioned when he would be match fit with his recent playing record and was derided.

HaHa.. it looks as if the ‘Jack’ won’t kick a ball brigade and that he’s finished have now gathered the pitchforks to write Ramsey off. :D

Looks like we under-estimated how poor his fitness was before agreeing to the loan.
Did he do a medical?

Against Dortmund last week I couldn't believe how slow he looked. Genuinely looked as though he was struggling to run.

Seems as if he's going to be a waste of money. By the time he's match fit (if ever), the season will be done.

Ross Wilson said we didn't break our wage structure. I'd guess we must be paying £25-£30k per week minimum

Paying a loan fee and then wages within our structure technically wouldn't be breaking it. The in the know Italian journalists seem to think there was a loan fee paid.

He wasn't going to be playing a significant part tomorrow anyway; if he makes the weekend squad then that will be one game he has been out for when it comes to the league. We need to look at this over time, but that he may have had a slight strain or whatever is perhaps not surprising after playing so little football this season. The frustrating point, mainly, is that he is a naturally gifted footballer, who would be more than a useful addition to our squad in terms of quality and experience, so hopefully we see him back soon.

People are quite right to to piss and moan. He’ll be close to one of the highest earners and the way things are going he’ll make a pretty small contribution, and when he starts to make that contribution we could find ourselves further behind.

Of course we need to keep our fingers crossed he starts on Sunday and starts more or less every game from then on.

We can’t be that surprised can we ?

We knew this was the risk with Ramsay when we brought him in. We knew it was a gamble, and it’s looking increasingly likely that it won’t pay off.

This also pushes the possibility of full match fitness even further out at the business end of the season.

If he’s not back in a week or so we really need to consider terminating the loan.

Wasn’t fit enough to contribute in two games v Dortmund, Celtic (perhaps understandable) hearts or dundee Utd. Like the team there is no room for margin here and the loan either works soon or it ends.

Last edited:
I took pelters for questioning this whole signing last week.

It’s Frank deBoer all over again. Just let’s hope he doesn’t take a penalty in a semi-final.

Take no pleasure in seeing it play out as
expected.

Surely not?

I’m raging at that. Playing 90 minutes of football is the exact same as a quick 9 holes so as far as I’m concerned he should be chased back to Italy with the pitch forks.

Suppose how long you define 9 holes when you play a few above scratch and 9 holes takes about 4 hours.

This also pushes the possibility of full match fitness even further out at the business end of the season.

If he’s not back in a week or so we really need to consider terminating the loan.

Wasn’t fit enough to play in two games v Dortmund, Celtic (perhaps understandable) hearts or dundee Utd. Like the team there is no room for margin here and the loan either works soon or it ends.

We can't terminate the loan, the transfer window is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back