Ramsay ruled out of Dortmund game

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not so much missing a game or 2 but it’s the step backs in his fitness battle when he was already so far behind in getting to match sharpness.

Still far too early for those decrying it a disaster and poor signing but it’s a bit worrying if he continues to pick up niggles before he can get fit enough to start a meaningful game. Becomes a bit of a vicious circle.

If he can work his way up to fitness before playing the mhanks and then be fit for that and the 6 games afterwards he is good enough to win us the title.
I think that already feels like clutching at straws. Would have loved this to work but just can’t see it. In his cameos there’s been nothing spectacular even in terms of touches or making space, never mind the fact he has looked like a guy jogging around in a legends match. And actually Gerrard in the game v Liverpool legends looked like he’d have done a better job for us.

Does anybody expect him to be starting on Sunday? I'd be surprised if he was even in the squad.

We all got caught up in the hype of this signing but with our luck with injuries it was inevitable this is how it would pan out.

Hopefully fit for sunday and actually gets some proper game time. He needs up to match fitness quicker. This will be 6 games in now

Going to work out at around £180,000 a game if he plays a part for the rest of the season, which is probably unlikely.

The money could have been better spent elsewhere, but no other missing players (apart from Hagi) is great news.
What money did we spend on him?

Against Dortmund last week I couldn't believe how slow he looked. Genuinely looked as though he was struggling to run.

Seems as if he's going to be a waste of money. By the time he's match fit (if ever), the season will be done.

I thought he looked really stiff - and yet someone started a thread lauding his contribution.

The reality is that the loan is for Wales and their qualifiers. The hope was that we'd get the benefit in the meantime.

Wales could possibly have two games in quick succession at the end of March with the Old Firm only a few days after. I'd be stunned if he was fit for our game after the demands in the prior week.

When we sign players and the first thought is "if we can keep him fit, then great signing" should immediately set off alarm bells. Even when he is fit, when is he ever going to get match fit at this stage?

I thought he looked really stiff - and yet someone started a thread lauding his contribution.

The reality is that the loan is for Wales and their qualifiers. The hope was that we'd get the benefit in the meantime.

Wales could possibly have two games in quick succession at the end of March with the Old Firm only a few days after. I'd be stunned if he was fit for our game after the demands in the prior week.
Will be surprised if he starts three games between now and the end of the season tbh.

Never got the hype when he signed, still don’t. If anyone is waiting on him winning us the league they’re deluded. Alarm bells ringing on first day when he didn’t fancy the filth game.

"7-10 days" & "in contention next week" followed by "minor setback"
are words Gers fans seem to hear more than others

Maybe shouldn't have played on a artificial park in February said Captain Hindsight assume that hasn't helped rehabilitation to match fitness

It does have the feel of one of those signings that doesn't really work out so far.

Even when he has played he has looked off it.

Still time though.

There were massive concerns at the signing at the time that would've seen you shot down in flames for suggesting them. A move that hasn't paid off so far.

Yeah I’m not considering him really part of the starting line up plans. He’s going to be ages away and really we can’t afford to start him in a number of games coming up.

Suppose how long you define 9 holes when you play a few above scratch and 9 holes takes about 4 hours.
But come on, it’s a sport geriatrics still play.

I must say though I assumed when he was brought in that the club were confident he’d be able to get up to speed fairly quickly and start making a serious contribution. With the way it’s going you have to wonder what our discussions with the player were actually like. Although I doubt Ross Wilson was saying “how’s about £35k per week, if you can manage a few games great, if not then at least the fans get a wee buzz when you’re unveiled”.

You sign injury prone players and this is what you get.

- Roofe
- Balogun
- Helander
- Ramsey

John Souttar has only had 3 achilles ruptures, 3 serious ankle injuries, hip and knee injuries that kept him out for some time.

Obviously another disappointment, we’ve yet to see what AR can bring to the team really. However, we’re going to have plenty of important games before the end of the season so can we not judge his overall contribution then?

Yup, waste of time and money.

He still looked miles off the pace before this injury.

Him & Dallio both a waste of wages.

I think this was always the fear.

A guy with recent injury issues who hadn’t played a game since last autumn?

He was never going straight into the team and having a hugely beneficial impact, but the euphoria of signing a big name player drowned out any concerns at the time.

Big question will be over the alleged loan fee. Some have rubbished it, but plenty outlets reported the £2m at the time.

If it’s true and he makes no meaningful contribution during the run in it’s going to be a big stick to beat Ross Wilson with.

If not, then I suppose it’s a gamble that didn’t really cost us anything, but it’s difficult to get away from the feeling this is turning into our version of the Yahoos’ Robbie Keane signing from a few years back.

He wouldn't have started anyway, still needs to be eased into the first 11. He'll come good for us, have no doubt about that.
When, exactly? It’s not as we’ve signed him on a four year contract.

There are only 12 league games left, and potentially just one more EL and one more Scottish Cup tie remaining this season.

Then he’s away back to Italy.

Edit: 11 league games left.

Last edited:
They'll be more worried about not having Haaland than I am about not having Ramsey.

If Ramsey ends up making any meaningful contribution to our season I'll just consider that a bonus.

Can’t believe people on here think Juve just gave us Ramsay for absolutely nothing. We paid 2m euro loan fee. That’s why the deal took a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back