The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Colaks is a goer hopefully confirm soon?

Rangers step up talks to seal Antonio Colak signing​

Rangers are reportedly stepping up talks to seal the summer signing of PAOK’s £2.5 million-rated forward Antonio Colak.

According to the Scottish Sun, he is the ‘main target’ for manager Giovanni van Bronckhorst this summer with his squad already reporting back for pre-season training.

Sunderland striker Ross Stewart is understood to be among the backup options, but the 28-year-old Croatian striker is front and centre of the Dutchman’s transfer plans.

Best option out there?

Colak’s numbers in 2021/22 do not make for very good reading and we’re surprised what GvB has seen in him in order to make him his primary target.

Having him as one of the options would make sense, but to prioritise his signing over some others makes very little sense.

Stewart is arguably a better option for him while the club are also believed to be considering Tom Lawrence at Derby County who will be available this summer.

These are options that the club must consider as PAOK appear to be playing hard ball with Gers and only looking to drive up his price.

Now that they know he is the priority target at Ibrox this summer, they will hike his valuation even more – taking the 55-time champions for a ride.

It’s important that Ross Wilson and co do not fall into this trap and ensure that they do not overpay for someone who’s unlikely to be at the club for the long haul given his age.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there is hardly any transfer moves until after our CL qualifiers. Qualify and we could get Aribo and co to sign extensions, failure and they might have moves lined up as would Ross Wilson likewise.
Aribo won’t be here for the qualifiers not sure we have a replacement lined up.

twitter full of people complaining we have done nothing and Celtic are flying in the window.
They have added a back up keeper to last years team. They haven't even re-signed Jota yet (if they even do).
Essentially both rosters are the same as they finished last year, yet somehow we are way behind them this window?
Youre right but it’s possible people are expecting us to lose some first teamers therefore we want signings to keep us at the level we want to be or better. Also wouldnt be surprised for them to continue making signings but that’s not based on anything tbh

At first i was worried but now ive realised it’s too early for panic

Rangers are reportedly stepping up talks to seal the summer signing of PAOK’s £2.5 million-rated forward Antonio Colak.

According to the Scottish Sun, he is the ‘main target’ for manager Giovanni van Bronckhorst this summer with his squad already reporting back for pre-season training.

Sunderland striker Ross Stewart is understood to be among the backup options, but the 28-year-old Croatian striker is front and centre of the Dutchman’s transfer plans.

Best option out there?

Colak’s numbers in 2021/22 do not make for very good reading and we’re surprised what GvB has seen in him in order to make him his primary target.

Having him as one of the options would make sense, but to prioritise his signing over some others makes very little sense.

Stewart is arguably a better option for him while the club are also believed to be considering Tom Lawrence at Derby County who will be available this summer.

These are options that the club must consider as PAOK appear to be playing hard ball with Gers and only looking to drive up his price.

Now that they know he is the priority target at Ibrox this summer, they will hike his valuation even more – taking the 55-time champions for a ride.

It’s important that Ross Wilson and co do not fall into this trap and ensure that they do not overpay for someone who’s unlikely to be at the club for the long haul given his age.

I very much doubt he is our number one summer target, he is a replacement for Itten

Hagi returning to action will be a huge boost, although it sounds like they are being cautious with his recovery, might not see him until September/October. I'd like to think him and Lowry could be ones to secure that attacking midfield position. We are in quite a good spot given that the team can stay healthy. If Wilson only comes away with a RW and a striker I'd be quite pleased. We were only a few points behind the unwashed, some folk on here seem to think they are going to run away with it again unless Wilson goes out and spends big in this window.

Best option out there?

I doubt Colak is our main target this summer and according to Heart and Hand we aren't interested in Stewart think Lawrence is away to WBA.

The article is a prime example of poor journalism pure guess work and little substance.

Best option out there?

Suspect we are moving into the final stages of this transfer now

Youre right but it’s possible people are expecting us to lose some first teamers therefore we want signings to keep us at the level we want to be or better. Also wouldnt be surprised for them to continue making signings but that’s not based on anything tbh

At first i was worried but now ive realised it’s too early for panic
I agree, far too early. More annoying is people comparing us to them when they have done feck all for the most part. Better rumours? Better media for sure.
Stick to our business and we will be fine.

I very much doubt he is our number one summer target, he is a replacement for Itten
Yeah but sounds like paok are trying to increase the price.

From the second article sounds like we are Colak's preferred suitors.

This week will make or break the deal i think

I doubt Colak is our main target this summer and according to Heart and Hand we aren't interested in Stewart think Lawrence is away to WBA.

The article is a prime example of poor journalism pure guess work and little substance.
Yeah the Scottish media for ye!

I wouldn't say it's journalism, as such - the one quoted reads like the ibroxnews site, of which many types exist, and they tend to be more about discussing news that has broken elsewhere.

And they're all about clickbait headlines and opinions. For a spell I was enjoying writing for one but they wanted more of the clickbait stuff and I basically fell away from it.

Suspect we are moving into the final stages of this transfer now
I would expect it to be completed this week if not then we defintely need to sell first before we can buy.

Sounds like Aribo will be going with a bidding war taking place for him so that money will hopefully be used to get quality into first11

I do have a degree of sympathy for the board/Wilson this summer, although this is of there own doing, but there must be a lot of variables at play. Take the Morelos situation hypothetical we could have players we fancy’s player A (2 million) player B (6 million). If the club fires In a purchases player A, then Morelos leaves we may not be able to afford player B who would have been preferred. Alternatively you don’t want to dive in and accept an early bid for Alfie and lose out on a million or two just to get our business done. Quite the balancing act. There is positions that need filled in the squad either way no idea why we seem to be dragging our heels on a Right winger for example. Gio should be kicking door down for cash after the euro run.

GVB should also be questioning not just transfers coming in but the contract situation as a whole at the club as come the end of August Kent, Aribo & Morelos are basically worth nothing in terms of resale value and clubs will know this.

Ross Wilson feels comfortable about that situation which says it all about the mentality at the club right now.

We have not paid any real money for a player in two years now and are around 8 weeks or so away from watching £40m worth of players lose all value and yet some think we have some kind of secret master plan at work?

I dread to think what bids we might take for the above players in the final few days of the window as panic sets in unless our DOF actually does something this summer.

Last edited:
I would expect it to be completed this week if not then we defintely need to sell first before we can buy.

Sounds like Aribo will be going with a bidding war taking place for him so that money will hopefully be used to get quality into first11
No bidding war for Aribo. He has a buy out clause in the last year of his deal

Botheim links have gone mysteriously quiet. He seemed too perfect for us to not be into the idea, I wonder if Wilson has him tied up already and we're holding out for an announcement on a specific day.... or he's already away to someone else.
It's all very quiet on this front. I am praying we have him signed up. Colak rumours seem to be getting stronger so it may indicate that we have missed out.

Best option out there?

If Colak really is our priority target, it’s surely only as a replacement for Itten (in which case I wouldn’t consider him being a priority at all), but certainly a good addition to our striking options.

If however we’re looking to bring in a 28 year-old for circa £2.5m because we’re expecting him to replace Alfie, that would be really quite concerning, IMO.

Best option out there?

Real rumour, thank fuk, makes a change from going over Ramseys loan!

I hope we get some new players in, however I have been thinking about the squad/team that got us to EL final. While they were Gerrards, they are a different team now, I wonder if Gio will be more inclined to keep more than we think as they are a *fresh* team to him.

Apparently Notts Forest, Palace and Fulham want him so surely highest bidder wins that clause is just a starting point for the bidding!
No that's not how it works. We can't decline any offer that meets the buy out so all clubs meet the buy out then it's up to them to offer him the most money to get him. Bottom line, there won't be a bidding war for Joe Aribo

Best option out there?

How do you "step up talks"
What do you do? Speak faster?
Gibberish.

Possibly wishful thinking, but I can see a sale being lined up for Joe and Wilson trying to arrange 2 or 3 player purchases before any announcements. Teams could be harder to deal with if they know we are relatively “flush”.

Surely that can’t be correct?

I thought H&H hinted he’d have a smallish budget of maybe £6-8m?

If he can’t bring anyone in until we sell it hints that despite the huge financial success of our European run and with fans back in the stadium we’re still in a perilous position, which is really concerning.
I agree with every word of that, and hopefully I’m wrong.

I’m just failing to see any sense in not doing our business quickly if the money is there.

GVB should also be questioning not just transfers coming in but the contract situation a whole at the club as come the end of August Kent, Aribo & Morelos are basically worth nothing in terms of resale value and clubs will know this.

Ross Wilson feels comfortable about that situation which says it all about the mentality at the club right now.

We have not paid any real money for a player in two years now and are around 8 weeks or so away from watching £40m worth of players lose all value and yet some think we have some kind of secret master plan at work?

I dread to think what bids we might take for the above players in the final few days of the window as panic sets in unless our DOF actually does something this summer.
This is happening the world over now. Players realise they hold almost all of the power.

Apparently Notts Forest, Palace and Fulham want him so surely highest bidder wins that clause is just a starting point for the bidding!
No, the clause is a trigger and no club needs to offer above it.

Any club that meets it then Aribo is free to meet and discuss with

Won't be a "bidding war" if the release clause on his contract as discussed on H&H is set at £10m mate. He'd be able to move to any Club that match that.

128 goals in 300 games isn't shit.

Outwith his stint in Greece he has a very good goals/assists record has been prolific in 3 out of the last 4 seasons.

I was underwhelmed initially but as a 3rd choice striker and at the right price it could be a good deal for us.
With that kind of record you think Roofe is in front of him?

Maybe in the queue for the physio.

128 goals in 300 games isn't shit.

Outwith his stint in Greece he has a very good goals/assists record has been prolific in 3 out of the last 4 seasons.

I was underwhelmed initially but as a 3rd choice striker and at the right price it could be a good deal for us.
He’ll 100% be our second striker if he signs.

GVB should also be questioning not just transfers coming in but the contract situation a whole at the club as come the end of August Kent, Aribo & Morelos are basically worth nothing in terms of resale value and clubs will know this.

We have to really stop getting wound up about hypothetical situations that we literally know nothing about. Wilson may be comfortable because he's had casual talks with the players in question and they're totally open to renewal. It's really not as simple as we all seem to make out on here, if it were, I'm pretty certain Ross Wilson would be renewing everyone and shipping them all out for £30m each. The Goldson situation smacked all the bed-wetting down, but it hasn't taken long to start over again.

We need to stop fantasizing about spending money on players. It's absolutely no measure of success in terms of the outcome of a signing, surely us of all clubs know that by now. Our entire squad is borderline bosmans. Sure, we could have done with a small injection in January, but jeez lads, we made the Europa final with no striker and a squad that cost fifty quid. We have to be reasonable about what sort of cash we can spend and when we can spend it. If a big sale happens, we can surely expect a nice return of the cash to Gio and co.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back