6.30 catering update

Well let’s hope they improve.

Absolute shambles in the BR. Got in 1 hour before kick off, flat coke zeros for the kids with no ice, no lids or straws. Came down just before halftime cause the kids wanted a hot dog, no hotdogs left only scotch pies, no soft drinks only tap water. Asked for 4 pies and waters, got 3 pies and a steak pie and Luke warm water.

The staff looked utterly clueless to what they were doing.

Only plus for me was the nacho hot dog looked good at the start before they ran out.

36-D56-EF0-20-E2-4256-A68-D-E465-D3547-FF0.jpg

AAFD51-C8-1-B01-4-BBE-8425-5-C2-A6-E6-DCAB4.jpg

Hot chocolate :oops:

4020-A0-C5-C4-C2-4266-B07-E-80-BB0-ACB066-A.jpg
Is the hot dog vegan?

Theyve managed to make the pies worse somehow. Couldn’t detect anything that looked like stew and served at the same temp as lava

No more Original cola, just diet or fanta.

The hot dog looked good only to discover it’s vegan so probably tastes like cardboard.

I’ve never worked in catering, so I’m not well versed in the finer points of providing food & beverages on a large scale.

but wouldn’t a good starting point be actually having sufficient product to sell?

Must be tough to maximise sales and profits if half the kiosks sell out of products before half the potential customers have even entered the stadium

Why do so many have a blind spot about this issue. The club is rightly criticised when it is seen to be taking fans for granted or overcharging for tickets, merchandise etc, this is part of the same issue. No-one is turning up to Ibrox expecting fantastic cuisine, but an edible and warm burger or pie along with cold water or an actually fizzy coke isn't asking the world. Its really poor.
They don’t even sell ordinary coke now. Coke Zero is your lot.

Forgetting about taste, supply/stock and service for a minute. If that’s the extent of the “revamp” of the catering for the majority of the stadium then IMO that is as f*cking pathetic as it is unimaginative!

Crisps, chocolate bar, scotch pie, steak and gravy pie, macaroni pie, burger, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, bovril, coke, Fanta, water.

Every single one of these could be found at virtually any football stadium 30 years ago or more.

I cannot believe that a consultation exercise, new caterers being brought in, fan tastings etc etc has led to it being decided that what the supporters really want are the exact same choices from the late 80s.

You would’ve described the vegan nacho dog as imaginative around 20 years ago.

Thought I recognised the name so did a bit of digging

Levy restaurants are a subsidiary of compass group and also do the catering at the 02 in London.

My experience of them there is not good, poor quality, high prices and always short staffed

Hope they provide a better service at Ibrox

You didn’t need to go digging, the Club announced it last month

the boy sitting in front of me went down to the main stand kiosk at half time (far left hand side one) and said they had zero food left. Like literally not a thing.

Not a good start tbh although I haven’t actually tried any of the food myself so I won’t pass judgement on it

Forgetting about taste, supply/stock and service for a minute. If that’s the extent of the “revamp” of the catering for the majority of the stadium then IMO that is as f*cking pathetic as it is unimaginative!

Crisps, chocolate bar, scotch pie, steak and gravy pie, macaroni pie, burger, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, bovril, coke, Fanta, water.

Every single one of these could be found at virtually any football stadium for the last 35 years.

I cannot believe that a consultation exercise, new caterers being brought in, fan tastings etc etc has led to it being decided that what the supporters really want are the exact same choices from the late 80s.

You would’ve described the vegan nacho dog as imaginative around 20 years.
100 percent correct, utter garbage as per usual.

Steak pies have got worse.

And fk paying £2 for a carton of water, ask for a cup of tap water and it’s free.

Main stand rear. Cartons of water available at 2.20 a go which is reasonable enough

Problem with them is they are room temp so it’s like a cup of tea unfortunately. If only they would refrigerate them
Ask for tap water mate.

Nobody should be paying for a basic human necessity.

I really hate this new craze of grown adults not being trusted to choose if they want sugar in their drinks.

I can’t drink that sweetener pish.

I want full fat drinks.
They’re surely going to still provide the choice of full fat or diet?

You cant recover from a hangover with diet juice. You need a Fanta real or real coke down you to replace the sugars.

There was a guy and his wee boy stood at a kiosk for nearly 5 mins at half time. I kid you not.
We waited 15 mins. Queue never budged. Went back to our seat. It really is the dark ages at Ibrox as far as catering and service goes

They’re surely going to still provide the choice of full fat or diet?

You cant recover from a hangover with diet juice. You need a Fanta real or real coke down you to replace the sugars.
It does my nut in mate.

My favourite juice was Lilt until they added sweetener to it. Can’t drink it now without the disgusting aftertaste.

Coca-cola stuck to their guns and raised the price of it but kept the original recipe. I’ll happily pay that bit extra for a full fat juice.

It does my nut in mate.

My favourite juice was Lilt until they added sweetener to it. Can’t drink it now without the disgusting aftertaste.

Coca-cola stuck to their guns and raised the price of it but kept the original recipe. I’ll happily pay that bit extra for a full fat juice.
There will be the option I’d imagine.

Catering poor. Weather too hot. Rail strikes. Airports no flights.petrol,heating and leccy bills too high. Thank heavens we are not a nation of complainers.

Theyve managed to make the pies worse somehow. Couldn’t detect anything that looked like stew and served at the same temp as lava

No more Original cola, just diet or fanta.

The hot dog looked good only to discover it’s vegan so probably tastes like cardboard.
I was going to buy a hot dog as they looked great but then I saw the VG sign and thought fcuk that, I prefer my hot dogs with traditional "mystery meat!"

I've never understood why the likes of McDonalds, Greggs, Subway etc don't try to open a number of outlets inside football stadiums, they would make an absolute killing.

They could over-stock on match days so they never run out of stuff, and then take what's left over to their surrounding nearby outlets to be used there.

These companies are professional and well trained in delivering decent quality fast food, no reason why they couldn't do it inside a stadium.

I've never understood why the likes of McDonalds, Greggs, Subway etc don't try to open a number of outlets inside football stadiums, they would make an absolute killing.

They could over-stock on match days so they never run out of stuff, and then take what's left over to their surrounding nearby outlets to be used there.

These companies are professional and well trained in delivering decent quality fast food, no reason why they couldn't do it inside a stadium.

The concourses at Ibrox don't have space for stuff like that

Every single one of these could be found at virtually any football stadium 30 years ago or more.

You would’ve described the vegan nacho dog as imaginative around 20 years ago.
The club deck catering when it first opened was excellent.

That idea has been mooted on here many times in the past but sadly it's never materialised.
Concessions to the likes of the companies you've mentioned would be ideal and prove to be a big winner for everyone concerned, the club, the merchandiser and most importantly...the fans.
There's absolutely no reason why any of these companies, with the help of a bit of minor shopfitting, be able to have outlets inside Ibrox!

Still don't know why companies can't put in contactless vending machines for bottled water/juice, would dramatically cut queues
Because you aren’t allowed bottles inside the stadium I believe? The kiosk staff were pouring the water etc into plastic cups.

The steak and scotch pies we got tonight were no different to the last few years.
Being a bit of a grubber I got one of each.
The steak pie was almost passable but not as good as last years (as if that was even possible) and the scotch pie was almost inedible.

Back