Official BBC statement on relationship with Rangers

Laura Miller (hottie), carried herself well on Sevilla coverage.
Good luck to lesbian maker, and Ginger failure rolling up to Ibrox for a game. Can't see them going unchallenged by Bears, both outside and within the stadium!!
Just noticed that on leaving BBC Scotland our own CatrIona Shearer took up a role with The British Coffee Association.

They have no idea how deep this goes.

The Bigots who employ and use Rangers hating bigots like Michael Stewart, Stuart Cosgrove, Angela Haggerty, Iona Fyfe, Gerry Hassan, Susi McCabe, Martin Compston , Tom Devine, Jeanette Findlay etc, etc, will be spewing in their Cornflakes this morning which is nice but.......

Unfortunately these Rangers hating bigots are still in charge.

Very pleased that this has been resolved

Can’t take for granted those who don’t have access to pay channels or indeed the internet and for them (especially older fans) getting rangers voice heard on the national broadcaster is welcome return.

I see a lot on twitter saying they dont want bbc near Ibrox and we have let them back in, they forget we have never banned the BBC, that was them that chose not to come.

A victory for the club.
we haven’t stopped anybody getting in,they chose to not cover games at Ibrox and interview managers and players.i think what might have made bbc Scotland look at this again was the fact we won the Scottish cup and because of the self imposed ban they couldn’t do any interviews with the manager and the players.

The Bigots who employ and use Rangers hating bigots like Michael Stewart, Stuart Cosgrove, Angela Haggerty, Iona Fyfe, Gerry Hassan, Susi McCabe, Martin Compston , Tom Devine, Jeanette Findlay etc, etc, will be spewing in their Cornflakes this morning which is nice but.......

Stage 2

It’s amazing you’ve listed 9 Rangers hating bigots used by the BBC yet you’re probably missing loads more. Folk like Dick Gordon, Graham Spiers and Liam Macleod aren’t even in your list.

I think this is called a total and comprehensive victory. The club and support have been completely vindicated in their accusations of the open bias against Rangers at BBC Scotland. The public apology from the BBC only confirms that reality.

McLaughlin would not be able to talk to any Rangers fans inside Ibrox Stadium or just outside.

Would be funny watching the "banter" :)

Finally for all of us that sent in complaints to Broadcasting House, have seen the reward of Our! Efforts as you can see CSC Pacific Quay have had a boot up the Arse. Let’s see how that SLUG McLaughlin slimes his way out of this.

The list up until 2012.
. Joke Cartoon of Neil Lennon on hangman appears on Popular Rangers fan site Follow Follow. BBC Report it as a “death threat” on Radio and on the BBC Website. The hosts of Follow Follow (footymad) close down the message board.
• Complete Ignorance of Pearson & Hartson “videogate” scandal.
• Tam Cowan & Stuart Cosgrove continually using the H Word to describe the Rangers support, until it was officially declared sectarian by NbM.
• Upon the signing of Kevin Thomson, the report of the signing on the BBC Website carries a picture, which has been renamed by someone at the BBC to include the word “C*nt”
• Richard Gordon, during his show covering the Transfer Window in 2005, used a racist comment to describe former Rangers player Filip Sebo, joking that he had been “sold to Edinburgh Zoo”
• Weathergirl Kirsty McCabe calls Ibrox “Castle Greyskull.”
• BBC Scotland ignore number of emails concerned at the lack of reporting of sectarian behaviour by the Celtic Support
• BBC Scotland schedule specific programme on BBC Radio Scotland about the Famine Song
• BBC Scotland Sportscene Programme’s ignorance of Rangers tributes to Scottish Soldiers previous to Poppy Day, while ignoring Celtic Supporters minutes applause, and walk out the following week.
• When leading on any “sectarianism” news item, using images of Rangers supporters.
• Photo of Nell McAndrew in Rangers kit entitled “HunC*nt1.”
• Spreading the Lie that Artur Boruc was cautioned for blessing himself, across the BBC Network
• Allowing Cardinal PAP to demonise the Protestant Community by claiming there are those who go out to “Punch a Pape”, and put his own spin on sectarian crime figures, which were wholly inaccurate
• Biased Commentary by David Begg commenting on “Derry’s Walls” being sectarian, but no comment on songs from the Celtic Support.
• The disappointment in Kheredine Idessane’s voice when he announced that Rangers had been found ‘not guilty’ by UEFA.
• The victimisation of Alex Rae following his 50-50 tackle in a Rangers European tie against CSKA Moscow, and submitting footage of the tackle to UEFA.
• The failure to report on sectarianism within the Scottish Labour Party, and various land deals involving 2014, and associates of the Labour Party
• Use of the headline “Rangers in Union Flag row” regarding the Blue Order organised flag display at Ibrox, with a one sided piece on it on Reporting Scotland
• On the last news report before a cup final involving Rangers and Motherwell, leading on a story about Celtic loan player Craig Bellamy possibly staying at the club.
• Using James Grady to comment on an incident against himself by Lorenzo Amuruso in a Scottish Cup Final with no right of reply for Amoruso.
• Roddy Forsyth stating to Gordon Brewer on Newsnight Scotland, that Hearts had a worse problem with sectarianism than Celtic.
• The Acceptance of Sanjeev Kholi as a football pundit, based upon his only claim to fame in being a “football fan” was to accuse the Rangers support of racism against Mark Walters, when Walters had faced the worst display of Racism ever witnessed in Scottish Football by the Celtic Support at Celtic Park.
• Sending 88 Staff from the BBC to Seville at licence payers expense, with only a handful present in Manchester.
• The despatch of a film crew to Benidorm to report on a Celtic Fans convention that ended in fiasco – and reported it as a success. They have never been present at any Rangers fan convention.
• BBC Scotland Commentary of Celtic in Seville from Rob McLean “only the most blinkered Scots won’t be hoping for a Celtic victory”. This, in a stadium littered with Irish Flags and no Saltires.
• Nov 2006 – Just prior to live coverage of an Old Firm game, broadcasting a programme on BBC Radio Scotland about the football song “You’ll Never Walk Alone”. The last 15 minutes was a tribute to how it is sung at Celtic by two “Celtic fans”, who both happened to be BBC Producers.
• Making the Producers of Blue Peter apologise for using the RHOU in a piece, owing to complaints from a Strathclyde University lecturer who is a member of “Friends of Ireland”
• Ignorance of Neil Lennon’s DOB rant at the Rangers support & Dugout
• The refusal to publish or broadcast any facts on the “bannergate” scandal, where a convicted i*a terrorist painted a banner for the “Jungle Bhoys” supporters group partly funded by Celtic Football Club.
• Following Rangers being the first club in Scotland to qualify for the last 16 of the CL, the following morning’s Scottish BBC news neglected to mention the result at all.
• BBC Reporting of Irish Government intervention from information provided by Phil McGillivan on “the famine song”
• Another misrepresentation was saying the "new" Rangers were "playing their first match at Ibrox". The entry on the SFL website confirms that Rangers are the same club.
• Claiming the murder of celtc supporter Reamonn Gormley was a sectarian attack. Claiming the neds that were arrested at celtc's training ground with weapons were committing a sectarian attack against Neil Lennon (more scum supporters). Many claims we committed a criminal act with the CBTs\second letters\whatever they're called this week - Daly, Douglas Fraser's blog, usual suspects on RS.
• The constant use of Ibrox and the Rangers gates as a backdrop when sectarianism is discussed.
• The editing of Ally's press conference, last season, to make it look as if he disregarded sectarianism.
• Continually quoting from only one faith group when reporting on sectarianism and sectarian crime statistics.
• BBC Scotland not mentioning Celtic getting done by UEFA last year even though the national news did, instead spoke about Pandas at Edinburgh Zoo. Compare this to their reaction when we got done.
• Sometimes it's what isn’t said. Joe O;Rourke wasn’t mentioned. IRA songs and singalong are never mentioned. That "bhoy" with the gun at lennoxtown, Ross Hind - his favourite team was never mentioned. Rangers tax "crimes" are big news, the tax crimes of celtic staff aren’t. It's still playing out by the Mark Daly documentary looks to be a strategic move in the chess game against Rangers.
• Mark Daly trying very hard to get Billy (Turncoat) Dodds to say he had a double contract, even though he said he never ever had one. Campaigning to get Naismith banned for elbowing another player, when Hooper did the exact same thing the week before and they ignored it. Accused Aluko of diving to get a penalty, again campaigning to get him banned, even though it was proved there was contact. Several Rangers players have had the same treatment from the BBC over the years.
• Making a point about the solitary arrest at Peterhead yet failing to mention that Lothian and Borders police are "looking into" a police officer who was on duty at the Edinburgh derby there and allegedly was inciting the home fans. Now which story do you think is more newsworthy? An apparent upholder of the law possibly inciting crowd trouble or a single muppet making a stupid remark?
• BBC Scotland badgered UEFA to take action against Alex Rae after they caught him kicking a CSKA Moscow player in the head. Fast forward a couple of seasons and BBC Scotland cameras capture Lennon clearly stamping on an Artmedia player's neck. There was no campaign for any action to be taken.
• Donald Findlay getting pilloried for a song yet hartson and pearson up on stage with full renditions of ira songs at a sellik republican night out.
• Richard Gordon on Radio Scotland before an Aberdeen v Rangers game said "when I was growing up, it was compulsory to hate Rangers in our house".
• Failing to highlight a knife attack in the Tulloch stadium earlier In the year when one rabid slashed another . Unheard of In my time watching Scottish football.
• Also failing to highlight the stabbing in the pie stall queue a few seasons back at Firhill the season PTFC were relegated. I recall the news report that night gave it a brief mention as if nothing had happened.
• The Hearts ballboy, who got a fractured skull when a scumbag threw a coin at him. The media was all over the attack on poor wee neil the next day, the Rhecord buried it on page 20-something. BBC never reported it.
• Always showing footage of Ibrox with weeds, decaying fence etc. in the foreground, A little pathetic I know from them but they always show footage of Ibrox in the most negative light they can. Cowan doing Huns jokes. Cosgrove admitting he sung sectarian songs. Spence banging on a table when a team scores against us.

Excellent, no way that was sanctioned by BBC Scotland, that’s a major win.
I don’t watch them so couldn’t care less but given the recent comments from Michael Beale, if a toxic relationship and lack of coverage was impacting the team then I’d take the victory and move on.

Excellent, no way that was sanctioned by BBC Scotland, that’s a major win.
I don’t watch them so couldn’t care less but given the recent comments from Michael Beale, if a toxic relationship and lack of coverage was impacting the team then I’d take the victory and move on.

what were Beale's comments?

I am afraid the BBC is irredeemable, they need cleansed from the top down ,for decades woke idialogs have taken over this once great institution ,, there recent attack on the brave men and women of our armed forces was a step to far .

Why did it take them years to hold their hands up? That is them admitting they were well aware of their bias and agendas even when they were in denial all that time.

If they were serious then they could have disciplined Gollum or never used Stewart again.

Fcuk em all. Would have asked for heads on a platter or you are getting nothing.

Well that's a surprise.
Does this mean we allow all BBC reporters back in to Ibrox?
They were never benned from the ground but they chose not to come because we would not let that scrote McLaughlin in as a result of his appalling bigoted so called journalism.

We have been here before. The proof here will be when we see a change in the way they conduct their reporting. Feeling this truce may not last longer than the last one.

It is deeply ingrained in them and now us. Huge level of distrust and bad feeling. That isn’t going to evaporate with this statement.

They have a lot of work to do.

Nope. His role means he has no reason to be inside Ibrox.
It is understood that reporting restrictions on BBC journalists have been lifted by the Glasgow club.

Is that quote from the BBC article correct? If so, there is no longer a ban on McLaughlin from attending Ibrox press conferences. Maybe his role means he doesn't anyway, but if they decide he is going to the stadium, we no longer stop him?

We played the long game and won.

Showed we will not be bullied and this is a massive victory for us and quite the red face for a behemoth of a corporation.

That statement was not put out lightly and will have been sanctioned from the very top.

No doubt our European exploits had a lot to do with it as well.
I’d suggest it was drafted at the very top.

Think about it, the entirety of Steven Gerrard's career at Ibrox passed them by, entirely due to their self inflicted boycott.

And remember, they were never banned by Rangers!

Whilst I welcome this statement and their admission of past partiality, I don't trust any of them at BBC Scotland to report on us fairly and accurately.

They need to prove themselves, we can take it or leave it.

Somebody has sore baws this morning, I hope. I'll always be glad of the stance the club took and if they step out of line again , hope we do it again. Gollum is a dreadful journalist and should never be back near us and I'm sure that won't change despite this climb down by the BBC

what were Beale's comments?
There is a thread on here mate, his latest interview about wanting to manage us in the future. I didn’t entirely agree with his view but to paraphrase, the relationship between the club and the media made it difficult for management and playing staff, a reference to charging for media access but also that it was a situation SG and his team inherited. A clear nod to the ongoing dispute with the BBC. Ultimately his opinion is that it hurts the club and we should try and resolve it.

BBC scotland News is written like it was another company who did the statement eg BBC issued a statement, BBC said this

Tom English was starting to appear more impartial but for them to correct their bias they will need to remove some of the cunts that will never be able to comment on us fairly. They can’t help themselves.

People will be along to say who cares, the BBC are irrelevant etc. but they are absolutely not irrelevant. Rangers fans have gone years without proper radio coverage of their games whilst Celtic fans got additional coverage if anything. Great outcome, and elderly Rangers fans were the most affected by the BBC's actions and are the biggest winners here.
I wouldn't say they're the winners. Just no longer losers. A publicly funded organisation was allowed to discriminate against a section of society just because they pandered to bigots and liars within their staff.

In any other walk there would be resignations if not criminal proceedings.

It was and is a disgrace that BBC took so long to recognise they were in the wrong and address the issue.

So the BBC caved and climbed down.

Chris McLaughlin sighing in relief somewhere that he's no longer stationed to the grassy hill.

The specky tube.

Back