Official BBC statement on relationship with Rangers

@mdingwall ..

Is this anything to do with the guy from BBC news Scotland either a director or producer who was involved in almost all bbc scotland tv news programmes who last night had has last direct involvement.. hes been promoted to BBC network programs. Seems like a big coincidence

You know, on top of backing down publicly and apologising to us...

They have to pay thousands for a media pass now too.

Get it up yous

Somebody has sore baws this morning, I hope. I'll always be glad of the stance the club took and if they step out of line again , hope we do it again. Gollum is a dreadful journalist and should never be back near us and I'm sure that won't change despite this climb down by the BBC
I don’t see anything that says anyone has suffered even minor discomfort in the genital area.

We need to avoid getting over excited been here before and we’re told genitals had been booted and it turned out tgey carried on as before.

I am cautiously optimistic but let’s not get carried away. We need to see change. Seen nothing yet.

It’s amazing you’ve listed 9 Rangers hating bigots used by the BBC yet you’re probably missing loads more. Folk like Dick Gordon, Graham Spiers and Liam Macleod aren’t even in your list.
Add Kevin Kelly’s daughter and her decision to bin the interview with Gordon Woods.
Poisonous bigoted filth that have destroyed a once proud institution.
Let’s see BBC Scotland apologise for its nepotism and bigoted employment practises. It will take more than lip service to change years of bigotry at BBC Scotland.

Can't help but feel they've been slapped into line by London due to champions League highlights being bought from 2024.

The BBC will be making a massive deal about that highlights show when it airs and the last thing they potentially want is having to show rangers games with no post match interviews having to use shitty on screen quotes.

Or maybe they're planning on sending the big boys up to report on the Champions League anyway so BBC Scotland have decided to save face and avoid the boycott being ignored.

I don’t see anything that says anyone has suffered even minor discomfort in the genital area.

We need to avoid getting over excited been here before and we’re told genitals had been booted and it turned out tgey carried on as before.

I am cautiously optimistic but let’s not get carried away. We need to see change. Seen nothing yet.
Just my opinion but they have admitted their reporting wasnt up to acceptable standards and that doesn't come without something been said at a high level. Don't think anyone on this thread is getting carried away

Can't help but feel they've been slapped into line by London due to champions League highlights being bought from 2024.

The BBC will be making a massive deal about that highlights show when it airs and the last thing they potentially want is having to show rangers games with no post match interviews having to use shitty on screen quotes.
Possibly due to their Scottish Cup Final coverage too which was scandalous.

Great win for us so well done to the club.I still take great satisfaction about Pacific Quay having to apologise after the BBC Trust ruling they were wrong to have reported we were a ‘new club’ post Administration.:shh:B-D

Nobody wins with the dispute ongoing so I am OK with this.

Hopefully BBC don't step out of line again and we can build a decent relationship.

While it's pleasing in a petty way for them to have to come crawling back, BBC Scotland has become an irrelevance and most football fans (Rangers supporters or otherwise) get their sports news elsewhere. They are just one of many sports media outlets and it really makes little difference whether they cross the threshold of Ibrox or not.

Their coverage of Scottish football is virtually non existant on TV and Sportsound is listened to by few (probably only when out of range of other radio stations).

Good to see them grovel but I'm still never getting a TV license.
1. They did not, and never will, grovel.
2. I will buy a TV license if and when they report our games in a fair and balanced manner. I am not expecting that to be anytime soon.

Done them and didn’t even offer them a reach around

FYG5TkrXkAA7ox3

What does the skeleton make of that? Took a euro final and 55 to make them realise they’d fucked it.

Would love to have seen Stewart Robertson’s face after the discussions finished. B-D

Laura Miller (hottie), carried herself well on Sevilla coverage.
Good luck to lesbian maker, and Ginger failure rolling up to Ibrox for a game. Can't see them going unchallenged by Bears, both outside and within the stadium!!

Won't need to worry about Stewart turning up at Ibrox there's no way he will attend as he knows he won't be made welcome by the club don't think he's even welcome under premier sports coverage either. Mclaughlin won't set foot inside Ibrox either he doesn't have anything to do with their coverage anymore pretty sure he works for their sports department down south now.

Quite the climb down after all those years of saying they done nothing wrong will be interesting to see how their coverage is of us moving forward.

Let’s not forget the many who have complained to and about BBC Scotland during this period, who were wafted away like petulant children. Turns out Auntie is saying they were right all along. I think they too are due an apology.

Hahahahaha, Andy’s raging!
I can’t believe the barefaced cheek he has to pretend he’s “neutral”, at least those mental Celtic blogs have the decency to admit who they’re aimed at and what they’re about.

For an account supposedly dedicated to Scottish Football and the NT, why did it make absolutely no mention of the passing of Andy Goram, who was capped over 40 times for his country and is considered the (if not one of) greatest Scottish goalkeepers ever?

He’s a sleekit wee rat.

Last edited:
Although they'll be allowed back, it's incumbent on the club to monitor their output.
If daft weather girls are calling us huns, or news programmes speak to Jeanette Findlay, but no one from our side, that all adds to the demonisation of our support. They may clean their act up on football related impartiality. But the wider rotten BBC needs the watching as well.

My own theory is that this development could be due to the outcome of the dispute re. cinch.

BBC are a "partner" of the SPFL. Yet, they basically refuse to cover Rangers. That would leave the door open for Rangers to seek an independent media partner instead.

Well that's a surprise.
Does this mean we allow all BBC reporters back in to Ibrox?
Rangers have never excluded any BBC reporters from Ibrox.
One had his press "privileges" removed after repeatedly misrepresenting Rangers matters.
He can pay to get in anytime he wants.

The BBC are admitting their own reporters have worked to an anti Rangers agenda! Shouldn't people within BBC Scotland be held accountable for this. They certainly should in my view, and it's not a failure that can be swept under the carpet with an apology.
Anyway, how are the BBC going to afford their coverage? Nobody is paying the licence fee anymore. I trust Rangers will not be giving these scum bags free access.
Thats a bit of a stretch - 25.5 million households do.

People are beginning to ask serious questions around the entirely inappropriate and bias relationship they have with the SNP, I would love to think the high hied yins in London have finally taken note and decided to clean house, sadly, thats highly unlikely, but this unexpected climb down gives me some joy at least.

While it's pleasing in a petty way for them to have to come crawling back, BBC Scotland has become an irrelevance and most football fans (Rangers supporters or otherwise) get their sports news elsewhere. They are just one of many sports media outlets and it really makes little difference whether they cross the threshold of Ibrox or not.

Their coverage of Scottish football is virtually non existant on TV and Sportsound is listened to by few (probably only when out of range of other radio stations).
I agree I don't miss them and honestly have not really noticed they are not around (their choice) they need us more than we need them ,believe me

I judge people by their actions, like you all I'll watch with interest,

Would be interested to find out what action if any was taken against the perpetrators ?

An admission of guilt is good but only if those involved are gone

@mdingwall ..

Is this anything to do with the guy from BBC news Scotland either a director or producer who was involved in almost all bbc scotland tv news programmes who last night had has last direct involvement.. hes been promoted to BBC network programs. Seems like a big coincidence
Who he?

More likely it is the new season around the corner which has brought them to their senses.

Inject the diddy club tears into my veins!
2 hours ago, Leith Green said:
My guess is that many of them are already "self employed" and contract out to the BBC (the commentators etc).
That doesnt absolve the BBC, of course, as you have a duty of care for them as well as direct employees.
In particular, would be interesting to hear Chris Mclaughlin views, but would lay odds that he will be "otherwise engaged" on days they go to Ibrox.
This is in the same vein as when they shat it about Michael Stewart.
Nice find..

"I have a friend who contracts for the BBC. Does match reports etc.
He says there was a call on Zoom this morning to explain the apology. Lots of unhappy people."

He hasn't packed it in though. He will still present Sunday Sportsound, which will feature many of our away games.
Only if we end up in Europa League, surely?
Instead of Champions League.

Also Kenny (McIntyre) is at the helm now.
Kenny is one of the really… good guys.

Let’s see what happens.

Back