Official BBC statement on relationship with Rangers

While it's pleasing in a petty way for them to have to come crawling back, BBC Scotland has become an irrelevance and most football fans (Rangers supporters or otherwise) get their sports news elsewhere. They are just one of many sports media outlets and it really makes little difference whether they cross the threshold of Ibrox or not.

Their coverage of Scottish football is virtually non existant on TV and Sportsound is listened to by few (probably only when out of range of other radio stations).
This post is absolutely bang on the money. They need to do a lot of work to get Rangers fans back on board.
See no appetite from them to do that.

Their coverage is shite anyway. Needs totally revamped and that isn’t on the cards.

People will be along to say who cares, the BBC are irrelevant etc. but they are absolutely not irrelevant. Rangers fans have gone years without proper radio coverage of their games whilst Celtic fans got additional coverage if anything. Great outcome, and elderly Rangers fans were the most affected by the BBC's actions and are the biggest winners here.
An important point well made, brain. Our elderly, less internet savvy & far flung fans were punished for BBC Scotland's institutional bigotry. An affront to their Charter.

Not the first time he's shared a bath with someone called George i'm willing to bet.

door-stopper.gif

That is some climb down from those bigoted c*nts to be fair. The roundabout rat should have been sacked for his reporting after the Hibs game.

Beeb has never been Rangers friendly and as Billy Connoly said you can't hear anything for the rattle of the rosaries
Yes it was a joke but it had foundation
B

You know, on top of backing down publicly and apologising to us...

They have to pay thousands for a media pass now too.

Get it up yous
They should be forced to pay compensation for breaking their own charter and behaving in a discriminatory manner that undermined the club and its public profile.
It may be a victory, but it is a national disgrace and really should see a more transparent explanation.
These are people funded by a government enforced tax.

We were right to kick them out but it’s a good thing that this has been put to bed now with us coming out on top, so to speak.

In all honesty, I'm quite happy with this outcome. Despite their faults (for which they have apologised,) they are still our national broadcaster and I welcome them back to Ibrox.

That said, I'll be watching and listening keenly to every broadcast for any sign of bias.
The hatchet has been buried in a shallow and well marked grave.

Words are cheap.

The apology doesn't wash with me, as the same personnel are still in situ, and still able to continue as they did.

So what's going to change? Maybe be a bit more sleekit and fly about it? Or, now they will be back in amongst us at our our games maybe report on our singing of songs etc?

I do not trust them whatsoever. Let's just see what happens in the coming weeks and months.

Words are cheap.

The apology doesn't wash with me, as the same personnel are still in situ, and still able to continue as they did.

So what's going to change? Maybe be a bit more sleekit and fly about it? Or, now they will be back in amongst us at our our games maybe report on our singing of songs etc?

I do not trust them whatsoever. Let's just see what happens in the coming weeks and months.
Give it a rest and enjoy the victory

Not entirely comfortable with this as it seems to promote that we banned press privileges to all of their journalists when it was one utter c unt of man we did this too , surely even bbc scotia would not be stupid enough to have this bastard back behind the mike in the stadium and not the roundabout would they......

Would not be the least bit surprised if that wee scrawny necked gimp was sent along especially to do only Rangers matches. Did he not get some sort of move to do other sports coverage for the BBC down south a short while after We'd chased the prick..?

Would not be the least bit surprised if that wee scrawny necked gimp was sent along especially to do only Rangers matches. Did he not get some sort of move to do other sports coverage for the BBC down south a short while after We'd chased the prick..?
That move did not last long I don't think probably due to lack of talent

Seeing that the BBC are paying (substantial) damages to the Royal Nanny for a ‘deceitful interview’, I would think that there is plenty of scope to follow this up on our part.

They could always cover the cost of damages, by closing down Pacific Quay.

Not sure if mentioned, I wonder if Dick Gordon leaving has had an influence on this sudden change by them
I would imagine part of the reason for him leaving will be BBC sport Scotland deciding to start covering our games again,

The place is riddled with rangers haters, they don't all support Celtic!

@mdingwall

Does the apology extend to false reporting and othering of Rangers supporters.

Namely the reporting of our 55th title win as an “anti irish anti catholic” outpouring.

Ofcom refused to adjudicate against the BBC on the basis that the 2 fake paramedics and twitter comments stating the same by James Dornan were out there as “evidence” even given the latters apology after trying the same lies on Lothian Bus.

This is the comment. This is it in a nutshell.

Just lock the thread now as no other comments will do.

We played the long game and won. Simple as that.

That’ll hurt them to even admit bias for a start, and the fact that they’ve had to come grovelling, begging on their rotten knees to us asking for forgiveness just so they can get a piece of the pie.

Rangers are the ONLY draw in town ffs. They’ve started to see it.
Now that we are best buddies again can the board not suggest a full and transparent investigation into what BIG JOCK KNEW( a box set would be nice and would get the audience figures up ffs i might watch it) and also this little c unt compston belting out his love of a disgusting terrorist organisation filmed as it happened, can they fucking dump the bastard from ever appearing on their channel again just for starters until we see how we get on.

Seeing that the BBC are paying (substantial) damages to the Royal Nanny for a ‘deceitful interview’, I would think that there is plenty of scope to follow this up on our part.

They could always cover the cost of damages, by closing down Pacific Quay.
Like the one of ally throwing himself off the roof of Ibrox , and those filthy c unts finding it hilarious at the time what brand damages for this.

Like the one of ally throwing himself off the roof of Ibrox , and those filthy c unts finding it hilarious at the time what brand damages for this.
In fact in light of the royal nanny scandal today maybe those f ucking bastards at bbc scotia have something they have to pay out to Rangers.

Only time will tell if the apology results in changed reporting. We just need to wait and see.

Reporting on our games is one thing they also need to try and win us back as an audience.

We need to wait and see.

Hope fully the numbers keep rising.
The thing with the license fee is that it's not going away. The format will change probably to a household tax rather than the current model. It can't have adverts as that would kill the other commercial broadcasters as there's only so much advertising revenue to go around. There's a technology issue for what to do with the channels and radio frequencies as well. The model for payment will have to change as younger people don't consume BBC products like previous generations. However, if Labour get in power, the can will be kicked down the street.

I think we all know it's unlikely that BBC Scotland will change anytime soon. They still largely have the same people who were unprofessional over the last 20 years operating there. They might be on their best behaviour for a bit, but they'll revert to type soon enough.

two teams from London visit Ibrox in the last week, BBC in England must have worked out what the problem was when BBC scotland told them not to turn up

Back