Official Michael Stewart has put up the flag of surrender after Rangers administered a sound thrashing to his botty

Probably for the best. Hopefully they will respect their access and do a fair job on us. That's all we ask really.

Suck,

Correct me if i`m wrong but didn`t he once create a login on the old pro-boards and post a rant about him and his family being dicussed on that forum?

Or do i need seek medical help.?
Yes, tried to deny he said his father brought him up to hate Rangers. He phoned me about it and I said “I’m afraid I heard the broadcast and that’s exactly what you said”

I think it’s good news that our national broadcaster is allowed to access our staff and stadium , but if I’m honest are those bbc journalists and pundits actually sorry ? Does senior Mangement in bbc Scotland know the issues of bias on reporting that have taken place ? I personally think this will rear up again the next few weeks ,some people in the bbc despise our club and can’t help themselves . I hope the club have warned them

I have no doubt that Robertson will have warned BBC Scotland that any hint of reporting the goes beyond fair and impartial will see access removed immediately. However I think it is reasonably good news that the hatched has been buried.

On two occasions last season I listened to Radio Scotland Sportsound, the OF semi and post match Leipzig and on each occasion all the panelists were gushing in their praise of the team as well as the incredible scenes at Ibrox that followed full time in EL semi. So they can be fair and Tom English on his day, can be a good listen.

"We want an apology from the BBC"

BBC apologises

"Not good enough, still biased, only want us now cos of Europe"

I wonder how people manage to live their day to day lives consumed with such pointless anger.
Absolutely.
This is without doubt a win for us.
People need to cheer up. Or need their hole.

Will be interesting to see how this pans out next season. I’m sure we’ll keep a close eye on things and escalate if any of the old shenanigans start again.

Hate the BBC but Rangers deserve the same amount and quality of coverage as the other clubs.

I may be in the minority here, but this is good news. Although, I hope that baldy, speccy, woman repellent, Chris McLaughlin gets minimal access, if anything at all.
They will still all be there and the reporting will be the same after they gradually sneak the bias back in....Stewart et-al will never change.

"We want an apology from the BBC"

BBC apologises

"Not good enough, still biased, only want us now cos of Europe"

I wonder how people manage to live their day to day lives consumed with such pointless anger.
I used to complain to the BBC about their inaccuracies, bias and breaches of their own editorial code. Not once, dozens of times.
Try it sometime, you’ll soon find out that a BBC “apology” amounts to little more than being fobbed off and virtually being challenged to move to the next stage of their complaints procedure, which is designed to stop you complaining not resolve the matter or get to the bottom of it.
They will drag you into months or years of back and fore, vacuous dissembling and patronising arrogance.
It’s taken the Club years to get them to cave in, yet you make it sound as if it all happened in five minutes.
I live my life just fine thanks, happy in the knowledge that I’ve never been content to sit back and accept being treated like a moron by a publicly funded group of Savile enablers.

Should still make the bastards pay at the gate.
They will still all be there and the reporting will be the same after they gradually sneak the bias back in....Stewart et-al will never change.
Lets hope the club are on it and don't take any more shit from them.

I wonder if BBC Scotland have had their arses kicked from down South and have had to do this.

I remember that Gollum ,whilst unable to acknowledge our 6-2 win,went looking for a negative story,but in my head there’s more to this.I’ve googled it and came up with nothing but

1.was he assisted by the Hibs head of security on the day,who should not have leaked any info until a police de-briefing?

2.was the Hibs HOS pulled up by the SFA for it ? and

3.was the Hibs HOS a former employee at the piggery?

I think it’s good news that our national broadcaster is allowed to access our staff and stadium , but if I’m honest are those bbc journalists and pundits actually sorry ? Does senior Mangement in bbc Scotland know the issues of bias on reporting that have taken place ? I personally think this will rear up again the next few weeks ,some people in the bbc despise our club and can’t help themselves . I hope the club have warned them
My first thought on reading the op was if anything would actually change.
I’ll wait and see.

Take the win.

And ensure they remain on their best behaviour.

I don't want or expect fawning coverage, but I expect a floor standard of accuracy, objectivity and fairness.

They have a long way to go to convince me, the list of deliberate 'feck you' actions and remarks is a long one, but this is a good day.

It’s a no from me too , they should have been banned for good and told never to darken our door again

The Haters are still employed there , the mask will slip soon enough
Agree with this keep them out, these bastards know a change is coming and recently there's talk of an ombudsman or some such that will no longer allow the fukcers to bury the complaints made against them that current policy allows them to do.

I remember that Gollum ,whilst unable to acknowledge our 6-2 win,went looking for a negative story,but in my head there’s more to this.I’ve googled it and came up with nothing but

1.was he assisted by the Hibs head of security on the day,who should not have leaked any info until a police de-briefing?

If i recall correctly it was the Match Commander he approached post-match. It was something he had never done before so pretty obvious what he was looking for.

I'd assume that's big brother in London telling them to do it

imagine one of the big bosses down there being told it's Michael Stewart who has been one of the reasons for not showing coverage of the Europa League runners-up last season :D

"who?"
*looks up Wikipedia page*
"who the hell is Denzil Haroun?"
"Man Utd reserve squad"
"does he edit the page himself, get him told to give Rangers an apology"

What I find deeply satisfying is how BBC Scotland has pulled the rug out from under all those denying inaccuracy, bias and breaches of their own editorial code over several years.
All the producers, editors, presenters who up til now have denied any misconduct, in many cases showing huge dollops of fake indignation, have been hung out to dry. English, Gollum, Stewart, etc.
I’d love to know what caused BBC Scotland to completely abandon all its previous claims of innocence and throw its staff under the bus.
Best laugh I’ve had in ages.

I used to complain to the BBC about their inaccuracies, bias and breaches of their own editorial code. Not once, dozens of times.
Try it sometime, you’ll soon find out that a BBC “apology” amounts to little more than being fobbed off and virtually being challenged to move to the next stage of their complaints procedure, which is designed to stop you complaining not resolve the matter or get to the bottom of it.
They will drag you into months or years of back and fore, vacuous dissembling and patronising arrogance.
It’s taken the Club years to get them to cave in, yet you make it sound as if it all happened in five minutes.
I live my life just fine thanks, happy in the knowledge that I’ve never been content to sit back and accept being treated like a moron by a publicly funded group of Savile enablers.

What exactly did you want from them in this case?

The imitation of the opening of Madmen when they depicted Ally McCoist falling out of a window many years ago is testimony to how long they have been slandering the club in one way or another.

They were pissing themselves laughing when they got away with that one.
They did far worse than that. You could at least argue that was just distasteful.

Richard Gordon asking permission from his editor to read out a racist joke about a Rangers player and then giving it a huge build-up beforehand stands out as another particular lowpoint.

When they stitched a piece together of Ally laughing at a different question on to the end of a question about sectarianism in an interview that was as dishonest a piece of journalism as you will ever find from a reputable broadcaster.

That "interview" was then shown on the National BBC news for no other reason than malice to give the impression our manager was a bigot.

It was a deliberate, dishonest, malicious, completely fabricated smear - no wiggle room for anyone to say it was a mistake or that the context was misunderstood. Never understood why McCoist didn't sue the %^*& out of them - but maybe that's why they picked on everybody's pal and a club who preferred dignified silence.

Well done to Mr Park and the executive board!

Dunno how many times I’ve read that they should give up, be the bigger men, they no spine and can’t do anything right.

Oh how the humble pie has been getting fished out on here by the higher ups!

Michael Stewart has apologised to former Rangers communications director James Traynor for comments made on BBC Radio Scotland two years ago.

A statement published on Twitter read: "I would like to apologise to Jim Traynor for comments about him on the BBC Sportsound programme on Monday 3 February 2020 and any distress caused to him and his family.
"On the programme, I referred (to) Jim as a dangerous character, a bully and someone who tries to create division for personal gain."

Stewart added: "I had no justification for those remarks and I withdraw them unreservedly.

"I realise that my remarks and the subsequent social media storm caused Jim and his family a lot of upset which I sincerely regret.

"I am also conscious that my remarks have caused embarrassment to Rangers Football Club and I would like to apologise to them too."

BBC Scotland apologised to Mr Traynor at the time.

Aka 'I realise I might lose my home in edinburghs morningside'.

They seem to use michael stewart for everything, even though they know he's unhinged, the comments after Glen Kamara was racially abused should have seen him sacked, but if anything they use him even more.

If he said those comments about any other player that didn’t play for Rangers he would have been dragged over the coals and the media hatefest would have been stoked. He has previous for it with Morelos as well.

The fact people need an excuse not to pay the fee after what came about JS is rather confusing for me. The clear bias is one thing. The turning a blind eye to such horrendous abuse is in it own league. Laughable that people try to justify paying the fee.

He's an Aberdeen fan, so that kind of follows.

But in real life not everyone's first priority is the football team they support.

I hate Aberdeen and Hibs as much as celtic but still have family and friends who support them.
He is employed as an impartial broadcaster and yet cannot be professional enough to keep his delivery impartial.
I would rather he was impartial on air and then away from the studio allowed full vent upon his bias.
The truth is he isn't good at his job and gets away with it because clearly he has been part of a culture inside the BBC that is diseased and rotten to its core.

If i recall correctly it was the Match Commander he approached post-match. It was something he had never done before so pretty obvious what he was looking for.
Cheers mate,yes definitely went looking to sling mud

What happened was Gollum said and included in his match report that “two Rangers fans were arrested for sectarian singing”. Rangers contacted the police commander that was at the match and asked for the names to ban the supporters. The police commander said there were no arrests. Chris McLaughlin fabricated and lied about Rangers fans. The guy is the scummiest and lowest of the low. Even worse was his report on child abuse in Scottish football where he mentioned us, Hibs, Partick Thistle but refused to name celtic fc. The closest the guy got to mentioning celtic was referring to the boys club and using their ‘separate entity’ line. Like I said the guy is a horrible disgusting poisonous bigot. There’s no surprise he’s thought of so highly at the BBC.

They seem to use michael stewart for everything, even though they know he's unhinged, the comments after Glen Kamara was racially abused should have seen him sacked, but if anything they use him even more.
He is vermin lower than a snakes belly I’m sure he will get the welcome he deserves if he shows up at Ibrox from the bears. As for McLaughlin he should not be allowed near Ibrox hope the agreement keeps him out Manky prick

What exactly did you want from them in this case?
A root and branch clear out of those involved.
An explanation as to why this culture of bias was tolerated for years in the very first place.
An explanation of what has changed to enable this climb down.
A commitment to review their complaints procedure from arrogant fobbing off to actually addressing complaints.
A commitment to adhere to their own Editorial Code.
Someone there to read the BBC Charter and follow it.

Not too much to expect from a body which enforces licence compliance with threats of imprisonment.

I’ve seen nothing from the BBC but vacuous platitudes dished out with is usual arrogance and disdain.

Back