Official Calvin Bassey to Ajax - Official

Will be keeping a keen on his development.

What a meteoric rise he has had in the past 6-9 months especially.

I would have liked to have seen more of him as a Ranger but the fee was too good to turn down in the end.

Hope it goes well for him and he makes us another 5m+ in a few years

From their website

Ajax has reached an agreement with Rangers FC and Calvin Bassey for the transfer of the defender to Amsterdam. The English-Nigerian player has signed a contract with Ajax that will take effect immediately and will run for five seasons, until June 30, 2027. Ajax will pay a transfer fee of EUR 23 million to Rangers FC. Including variables, that amount could increase to EUR 26.5 million.

Fantastic business all round.

In my many years watching Rangers I haven’t seen such growth in a player in such a short space of time - an absolute joy to watch him develop last season.

My wee brother is actually gutted at this, Bassey was his favourite player barring Morelos.

I’m sure he’ll tear it up and make us even more in the future.

Great opportunity for the big guy he will go on to be one of the best defenders in the world with the extra coaching at Ajax out In with what he already has and I’m his natural attributes.

Hopefully somewhere for 70-80 million next move.

b99-brooklyn-nine-nine.gif

Will be watching his progress closely.

An example to all young players still at the club what can be achieved with hard work and talent.

Good luck Calvin, and thanks.

Back