Official Calvin Bassey to Ajax - Official

b99-brooklyn-nine-nine.gif

ken-jeong-community.gif

Losing Bassey but gaining the 6 players we have and still having change is incredible business.
Good luck young man.

Good luck to him. Worked hard to develop and deserve a big move.

Hopefully does great and earns us a nice sell on fee.

I’m glad in a way to see him moving on.

The rate of development he is showing is absolutely frightening and it would be a shame to stand in the way of that.

He’s the first player in a long, long time that I think can reach world class level.

I’ll definitely be following the kids career. Good luck Calvin!

Gutted to be losing him because he still had more to give but we cannot be signing someone for 300k who has 2 years left on his contract and rejecting 20m plus bids for them. It wouldn't make good business sense for us. Hopefully we can get a strong replacement for him at LB and another CM who is a bit more pacey and dynamic than what we currently have, that will give us a better chance to get the CL money.

I bet some are glad we didn’t kick him out after the Covid party :)) Seriously, great move for a grand fella, and serious money for the club, and it’s good to see Ajax declaring the fee.

Reactions: VGM
An absolute credit to himself and the club all the time he was here. Always played with total confidence and elevated his performances to the highest level.
Really hope he gets the career he deserves

All the best to him, left us with some great memories and deserves all the future success that will surely be coming his way.

Hope he smashes it an gets a bigger move to one of the top 4 epl teams an make more £££s for our great team well dun that lad an all in the background to make this possible

I bet he never thought 18 months ago he would be an International, played in a European final and subject of a multi million bid from a Euto giant.

Think we all knew this was always going to happen especially after his form for the last 6 months of last season and ideally would’ve liked to have got at least another season from him but not to be. What a meteoric rise in the young man and really do think he is destined for the very top. We have really done a shrewd deal if the 10% sell on fee is true as his next move will be huge.

Last edited:
Great move for him, great money for the club. One outstanding season, one outstanding fee.

Wish him the best at Ajax and his future clubs.

I'm sure someone has put AgentScotland right by now ha ha.

Ajax has reached an agreement with Rangers FC and Calvin Bassey for the transfer of the defender to Amsterdam. The English-Nigerian player has signed a contract with Ajax that will take effect immediately and will run for five seasons, until June 30, 2027. Ajax will pay a transfer fee of EUR 23 million to Rangers FC. Including variables, that amount could increase to EUR 26.5 million.

All the best to him. The guy is a machine, and will absolutely smash it. The fact its Ajax he's went to doesn't make it as bad for me.

Hopefully he finally gets his mum out the 'hood'.

EDIT - I'm glad the uefa investigation for doping is over and done with. DUP cash is somthing else :shh:

Last edited:
Like most, sad to see him go but happy that the club have got that sort of money. Also happy he's picked a proper football team instead of joining whatever bottom half EPL team flashed the most cash - proves he has his priorities right and I hope it all works out for him.

I dont think I have ever seen a player improve hiss game sso quickly in so short a time. Hope his career goes from strength to strength and he has joined a great club.

Nothing but respect for the big man. He came in, worked hard, contributed and earnt his big money move. All the very best.

A year ago we considered him a squad player who would only get a game if there was injuries to Hellander, Balogun or Barisic
In a very short period of time he grew and grew to be “first choice”
His strength, his never say die attitude was quite something to behold also his ability to play in a versatile manner was brilliant for us.
He’ll be missed but his transfer fee works for us and makes perfect sense.
Good luck in your future Bassey

It's definitely bittersweet, he done our team and himself proud, God Bless him.

I wish him nothing but success in life going forward!

I'll miss his enthusiasm.

From their website

Ajax has reached an agreement with Rangers FC and Calvin Bassey for the transfer of the defender to Amsterdam. The English-Nigerian player has signed a contract with Ajax that will take effect immediately and will run for five seasons, until June 30, 2027. Ajax will pay a transfer fee of EUR 23 million to Rangers FC. Including variables, that amount could increase to EUR 26.5 million.
So that’s circa £20m up front rising to potentially £23m and more if and when they sell him.

Gutted to lose the big man but he's made us an absoloute fortune that's allows us to strengthen and Bank all the previous money from Patterson, Gerrard, Europe, itten and Aribo.
Good luck big man, you've earned it.
Come back anytime.

Came as a boy and leaves a man, best of luck for the future.

Amazing deal for the club not only in the money it brings in but as an attractive option for up and coiming players to come develop and move on which is a major factor in the player trading model

Back