Official Calvin Bassey to Ajax - Official

So £19.5m with potentially £3m add-ons.

Is this acceptable to the FM transfer experts?

A triumph for Rangers and the season hasn't even started yet! Go with our best wishes Calvin you have made memories here which will live with you forever, and you will always be welcomed back at Ibrox.

Anyone else admit, like me, after the St. Mirror LC game when we lost and he gave away a penalty, that he wasn't up to much.

As usual, I know nothing

Gutted he is leaving but at least he is going to a proper football club, and one I have a soft spot for.

He will only improve.

A genuinely smashing fella moving onto pastures new , busting our club transfer record at the same time

Am I disappointed he is away? Sure

Have we weakened as a result ? Not on last night's performance

His performances towards the end of season particularly are among the best I have witnessed.
I am 63 years old and I just adore that big fellow.
Best of British Calvin.

All the best to him. Genuinely gutted to lose the player, but the fee and the fact I want him to do well makes up for it.

Absolutely top young lad, talented and a tremendous attitude.

If he keeps progressing on the tangent he did in the last 6-8 months, Ajax will triple their money on him in a few years.

A total game changer of a deal, not only for Rangers but for the Scottish Football landscape.

Once again, Rangers are blazing a trail for young prospects to come here, learn the trade for a couple of seasons and try ti be successful as possible then earn that big move away to a top club.

Rangers are dining with the big boys.

Gutted to lose the big fella, he is a terrific player and he’s part of history now for Rangers. He will be missed but his career will go from strength to strength.

What a move for him and what a deal for us.

Knew it was coming, but still absolutely gutted at the confirmation. Big Shirley will utterly smash it at Ajax and go on to even bigger things. Hopefully a future European tie at Ibrox to welcome him home.

I'm sick let's hope it's not the difference between a successful season or not. I will be tuned into Ajax games this season to see how he is doing.

Gutted he's gone, but happy for both him that he has gone to play for an equally prestigious club as ours, and happy the club have been paid very well for him.

As I mentioned in another thread, it’s very refreshing to see a young guy like him, that grew up in England, choose a proper football club over some EPL jobbers.

Continue his development there, and an even bigger move may come.

This in spades.

Delighted he's off to Ajax over the likes of Brighton. A massive club.

He is a machine. I was coming back from Edinburgh airport during Scottish cup final. I was listening to one of their pundits cumming in his pants about Calvin. Raving about how just 48 hours earlier Bassey had played 120 minutes in the heat of Seville and here he was into extra time at Hampden and still running about with no sign of fatigue. "An absolute machine !"

Knew this was coming for about a week and I am genuinely still absolutely gutted.Fantastic business for the club and it is the correct move. just love the big man and will miss him so much!

He’s just deleted a tweet claiming the fee was around £18m if addons were met :D

As I said in the BBC thread where he lied claiming McLaughlin was banned for exposing sectarian singing, I can’t believe the barefaced cheek he has to pretend he’s “neutral”. At least those mental Celtic blogs have the decency to admit who they’re aimed at and what they’re about.

For an account supposedly dedicated to Scottish Football and the NT, why did it make absolutely no mention of the passing of Andy Goram, who was capped over 40 times for his country and is considered by many to be the greatest Scottish goalkeeper ever?

He’s a sleekit wee coward. Celtic supporters making up lies about us or having digs is par for the course, but when someone tries to hide behind being “neutral” or “for Scottish Football” to do it, that really sticks in my craw.
Mate the guys always been a moon howling Tim. Utter red neck, just point and laugh

Reactions: FSM
I forgot how delicious his crossing could be, what a player.
Best of British to Calvin, Ajax are a top club with history and an ethos. It says a lot that they have won the signature of the big man, both in their analysing of the player, and in Calvin’s ambitions.

I wish him nothing but the best. A model pro, complete dedication to the game and by all accounts a great guy. A true role model to all young boys wanting to do well in the game, all the best big man.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned in here yet but Ajax have confirmed the fee…

€23m up front with €3.5m in addons.

Total value is
£19.58m up front
£2.98m in addons

It's really just £5 million using the old Seville calculator.

Good luck Calvin. Genuinely think he can on to be a great in the modern game and expect the next place for him will be the likes of Real.

Mixed emotions on this one.

Sad that we couldn't have seen Calvin have one final season at Rangers and leave as a League Winning Champion.

Obviously losing a player of Calvin's ability is never good to see but with how fickle football can be the club just could not refuse this offer.

On the plus side im actually happy that Calvin has ended up at Ajax. A club where he can go and develop even further as a player and it will only benefit both player and Rangers again down the line.

I have no doubts this kid will end up at one of Europe's superpowers in the next 2 years for an enormous transfer fee.

Goodbye and good luck Calvin Bassey.

Thanks for the memories kid.

NOW... Its over to the board to allow some of that money to be put back into the team and allow Gio to really strengthen the first 11. We need to go into these qualifiers fully equipped with the best chance possible of group stage participation and all the further riches that will bring.

He will go on to be Scotland’s highest ever transfer fee.

The desperation i’ve been reading to quote this deal at £18m is telling.

Ross Wilson deserves so much credit for getting £40m for two young full backs.

Goodbye my sweet prince, a few trophies here then onto Holland to grab even more before 25, then a big ass move to make us even more money and grab some of the Bigger leagues goodies

Fwiw, I believe we’ll see CBass deep into the UCL this season.

All the best big fella. Gonna be a star!

Thanks for 55, the SC, and European final in your two years!! Mental.

We got him for £300k, he worked like f*ck to break into the first team and sold for €26m.

Ajax are a great team for a young player to go to. Maybe best in the world in terms of player development. He’ll be worth double that in 2 years.

Great business for us.
Great move for him.

Everyone is a winner. Unless we need to play Ajax at some point hahaha!

Our business model is starting to produce some astounding results. If you’d have told me just a year ago that we’d command fees of over £40m for 2 young players who don’t even get a start every week, I’d have laughed in your face but now it’s clear - Push a few young players into the first team and sell them on for good profits which in turn will be spent on first team quality players.

Those players will be a good example to the young guys but like Bassey, we can’t just let young players aspire, we need to push them to take the place of the players they’re in competition with.

Keeps our big money players on their toes, keeps the young players hungry. It’s simple but genius.

Like that Charlie McCann. Don’t let him sit on the sidelines and watch Morelos. Push him to be trying to take that place in the squad. Competition will only improve us.

Best of luck Calvin, and thank you for your efforts

Back