Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

The SFA review isn’t worth the paper it was written on. Spotlight will show something shortly that will show how they have treated a certain family member of a victim of P2.
It’s shocking to say the least.
We’ve also assisted this person on seeking legal advice which is happening as I type this.
Why have the SFA missed so much out of their review? Are they protecting someone? I’m sure we’ll find out soon enough.
Of course they are protecting someone. They are setting the SFA(as a willing accomplice) to take the hit for the behaviour of the "Separate Entity". The SFA have already apologised for their failures, "Separate Entity", has expressed sorrow, but never uttered a single word of apology.
Scottish football as whole will end up being held accountable, at least in a sporting context, for the behaviour of this vile club over 5 decades.
This is what will happen unless clubs take action to forestall this course.
The footballing consequences for this club is either none or extinction

What is left to be said, Spotlight and the victims must be totally exhausted from the many years of disappointments and frustrating constant setbacks that they have had to endure.

My God, the dedication and hard work that has been given by the Spotlight Team and others is a credit to us all because without them this horrible club in question would never have been brought before any court in Scotland.

We owe you all a great debt of gratitude and total respect and let's pray that it all comes to fruition once and for all and the victims finally get peace and justice that they fully deserve. Today may be the day when the tide finally turns, good luck and good health to all involved.

Over the years that Spotlight have been involved we have raised awareness and supported the survivors in any way we can.
We have also uncovered many things, and assisted in bringing certain individuals to justice.
Each one of us have learnt a lot along the way. And each one of us knew what we were up against from day one.
All our research is there and has been used by certain media outlets. Some of our research can’t be shown yet.
Over 10k followers on our Twitter account, and believe us, some are big names. We started with nothing and gained peoples trust by our dedication.
Basically mate, we’re doing all we can. What this subject needs is a dedicated investigative journalist to take it to the masses. We long for that day for the voices to be heard. For the truth to be shown. For the officials who knew to be asked why they said nothing.
In the meantime we keep going.
Not to you directly mate obviously, but for anyone that reads this post..
People forget what we’ve shown. Go back and have a look. I’ll guarantee you there’s things that you’ve forgot.
the work you and your team do is amazing, the dedication and bravery required is a lot, not to mention the impact on you and your families as more evidence is uncovered , The support and hope your work will give the victims will be indescribable. take care and thank you for all you do.

I don’t think we can rely on this inept leader on any inquiry stateside. How this fool got the role of president is just ludicrous…

President Biden showed his deeply held affinity with Ireland when he compared the plight of the Palestinians to Britain’s “attitude toward Irish-Catholics over the years” in remarks in Israel yesterday.

It was not his first comment about his family roots at the expense of the British, having turned down a request for comment from a BBC journalist on the campaign trail in 2020, saying: “The BBC? I’m Irish.”

However, it comes at a delicate moment, with the Northern Ireland Protocol Bill under review by parliament amid warnings from the White House and senior US politicians about its impact on the Good Friday agreement.

His remark also risked upsetting his Israeli hosts at the end of a two-day visit, which he began by talking of a “bone-deep connection” with the US and declared that “you need not be a Jew to be a Zionist”.

His latest dig at Britain came in brief remarks to announce $100 million to support Palestinian hospitals. “My background and the background of my family is Irish American, and we have a long history of — not fundamentally unlike the Palestinian people — with Great Britain and their attitude toward Irish-Catholics over the years, for 400 years,” Biden, 79, said.

He then quoted a poem by Seamus Heaney that says sometimes “justice rises up/ And hope and history rhyme”.

He added: “Palestinians and Israelis deserve equal measure of freedom, security, prosperity and dignity. And access to healthcare, when you need it, is essential to living a life of dignity.”

There was no immediate official British reaction but Sir Paul Lever, a former British ambassador to Germany, tweeted: “President Biden has compared Israel’s treatment of the Palestinians with Britain’s treatment of Irish Catholics. He could also have mentioned, but didn’t, his own country’s treatment of black and native Americans.”

Biden has made gaffes throughout his career. He risked offending the Irish themselves during a St Patrick’s Day speech this year when he joked: “I may be Irish but I’m not stupid.”
People like him are the reason the disgusting cnuts get away with the abuse reptile of a man. the shady deals his low life son has been involved in says it all apple does not fall far from the tree.

Hopefully Gordon will get justice and that horrible bastard who has affected so many lives dies behind bars.
It’s took a lot of time for Gordon to get here, along with other victims and families that have suffered to this animal. I have more respect for animals so that’s probably the wrong word to use.
This bastard operated while club officials knew.
The denial from their own support is disgusting enough, and predictable as their religion fools them into believing that they are the victims throughout decades and centuries.
I might be going a bit deep for some and sometimes I struggle for words.
We’ve heard first hand accounts.
Why are that club being protected?
Who are the SFA protecting?
There is managers in football today that know. Ex-managers that know. Pundits that know.
Politicians that know, even when his own son played for them.
Another politician that stated that EBT’s is as bad as child abuse.
Point scoring fools that have continued to spout their nonsense that have a position of power in Scotland.
What Spotlight have discovered recently has sickened us to the core.
We promise we’ll show it. If Spotlight hadn’t found this then we don’t think anyone else would have.
Again, it’s been handed to the correct people.
Of course my post will be viewed by the apologists. I don’t hate you. To put your football club and religion before humanity is disturbing. My only message to you is help the boys that pulled on your colours. Help their families. All of you would wear the hoops if you had the chance. Wee boys proud no matter what their background. Unfortunately at your club there was a ring operating that goes far and wide.
Don’t abuse these gentlemen coming forward. They wore your colours.
It’s such a shame, on many levels, that people like yo have to do what you are.

a general question. It seems like the hope is that the main perpetrators will get too old, infirm or incapable to testify etc. is this likely to stop justice for the individuals and their families?

Hopefully Gordon will get justice and that horrible bastard who has affected so many lives dies behind bars.
It’s took a lot of time for Gordon to get here, along with other victims and families that have suffered to this animal. I have more respect for animals so that’s probably the wrong word to use.
The denial from their own support is disgusting enough, and predictable as their religion fools them into believing that they are the victims throughout decades and centuries.
There is managers in football today that know. Ex-managers that know. Pundits that know.
Point scoring fools that have continued to spout their nonsense that have a position of power in Scotland.
We promise we’ll show it. If Spotlight hadn’t found this then we don’t think anyone else would have.
Of course my post will be viewed by the apologists. I don’t hate you. To put your football club and religion before humanity is disturbing. My only message to you is help the boys that pulled on your colours. Help their families. All of you would wear the hoops if you had the chance. Wee boys proud no matter what their background. Unfortunately at your club there was a ring operating that goes far and wide.

a general question. It seems like the hope is that the main perpetrators will get too old, infirm or incapable to testify etc. is this likely to stop justice for the individuals and their families?

The SFA have found a legal loophole. Vicarious Liability. If you have read the Enquiry ( and I have no issues with Martin Henry, just the provisions he was given) the SFA basically agree with everything I told them, in it's conclusion.
As Hugh Stevenson died in 2004 and his ( this makes me laugh if it wasn't so bad) association with the SFA ' ended ' in ' 83.
Stevenson was an elite official, running the line for Home Internationals etc. Yet, nobody remembers him.
Mitch Agnew, to this day is a registration officer for the SYFA. Mitch ran Ferguslie Utd for years while Stevenson was a manager at the same club. A small community club in a deprived area.
Mitch was suspended during the investigation.
An investigation which was conducted by his peers/colleagues. I have been officially informed by the SFA that the investigation consisted of Mitch being interviewed, my mother being interviewed and one other of Mitch's colleagues being interviewed.
Mitch's statements were initially contradictory. There are plenty press reports of this at the time.
Mitch was cleared of any wrong doing, reinstated in Feb 2017, and in November of 2017 was awarded a 'Lifetime award to Sport ' by the Sports Council of Glasgow and openly congratulated by the SYFA on Social media...it's all still there on Facebook.
Mitch was never accused of anything more than 'not' passing on the information provided by my Mother. This allowed Stevenson to continue to commit similar offences until his death in 2004.
We have two high profile SFA/SYFA officials at the same small club for 'years', and Mitch denied knowing him. He also denied any conversation with my mother. Total Walter Mitty stuff. And Stevensons' reputation went before him long before he reached Ferguslie Utd.
If everyone knew what has actually been going on, and continues to go on, I believe I will get Justice, but up until now, for legal reasons, I had to keep it buttoned. Not now. Thanks for your support and I would urge you and anyone else to share this info as I am in the process of preparing to raise a petition in the Scottish Parliament.
I don't believe anyone should ever have to go through what my family has been subjected to by the SFA. Pete

Good luck with hearing tomorrow (Friday)

the work you and your team do is amazing, the dedication and bravery required is a lot, not to mention the impact on you and your families as more evidence is uncovered , The support and hope your work will give the victims will be indescribable. take care and thank you for all you do.
If I can help anyone, in anyway, either individually, or collectively, please do not hesitate to ask...I can't stress that enough. Despite my own case, I am in an extremely fortunate position in relation to access to media platforms, and although strained, I have open lines of communication with the SFA.
I have public support from 2 ex CEOs of the SFA.
And I probably have information that is of use to people in this thread.
I am currently in discussion with Duncan Mackay MSP to have the current Scottish government enquiry extended to Football, or at the very least, get them to look into the SFAs treatment of survivors, which in my opinion is criminal.
Not only are they re traumatising victims over and over again, I believe they adopt this stance to actively discourage others from disclosure.
I ' know ' the SFA/SYFA are protecting names and reputations. There are no maybes.
I firmly believe the man who was pulling the strings at Hampden has left already. Maxwell only see's what he wants to see and this isn't to his taste.
His last parting shot was he didn't want to hide behind lawyers, but speak to our legal team.
Bereft of compassion, sympathy or moral accountability.
On an up note, one of the few men in that circle that had all the above attributes in abundance, was Walter Smith. He embraced me and my wife and gave me great encouragement to keep going. So, why would I stop .
Good luck to the lad in court today.

You area good man BN. The work you, Grigo and the rest of the team must have been harrowing but it was necessary. To be expected from a man of your regiment.

Spotlight are a credit to Scotland.

Utrinque paratus

The SFA have found a legal loophole. Vicarious Liability. If you have read the Enquiry ( and I have no issues with Martin Henry, just the provisions he was given) the SFA basically agree with everything I told them, in it's conclusion.
As Hugh Stevenson died in 2004 and his ( this makes me laugh if it wasn't so bad) association with the SFA ' ended ' in ' 83.
Stevenson was an elite official, running the line for Home Internationals etc. Yet, nobody remembers him.
Mitch Agnew, to this day is a registration officer for the SYFA. Mitch ran Ferguslie Utd for years while Stevenson was a manager at the same club. A small community club in a deprived area.
Mitch was suspended during the investigation.
An investigation which was conducted by his peers/colleagues. I have been officially informed by the SFA that the investigation consisted of Mitch being interviewed, my mother being interviewed and one other of Mitch's colleagues being interviewed.
Mitch's statements were initially contradictory. There are plenty press reports of this at the time.
Mitch was cleared of any wrong doing, reinstated in Feb 2017, and in November of 2017 was awarded a 'Lifetime award to Sport ' by the Sports Council of Glasgow and openly congratulated by the SYFA on Social media...it's all still there on Facebook.
Mitch was never accused of anything more than 'not' passing on the information provided by my Mother. This allowed Stevenson to continue to commit similar offences until his death in 2004.
We have two high profile SFA/SYFA officials at the same small club for 'years', and Mitch denied knowing him. He also denied any conversation with my mother. Total Walter Mitty stuff. And Stevensons' reputation went before him long before he reached Ferguslie Utd.
If everyone knew what has actually been going on, and continues to go on, I believe I will get Justice, but up until now, for legal reasons, I had to keep it buttoned. Not now. Thanks for your support and I would urge you and anyone else to share this info as I am in the process of preparing to raise a petition in the Scottish Parliament.
I don't believe anyone should ever have to go through what my family has been subjected to by the SFA. Pete
Hi Pete, let me just congratulate (not a good choice of word) you on all you have done as an individual to highlight your own case (and others) in this whole disgusting case.

This (what you said above) must be some weight of your shoulders being able to finally come out and give your side of the story. I can understand what you can and cannot say , with regards to lawyer stuff. But with you giving your side in black and white, it does make it a bit easier to understand, from yourself a victim.

You are correct, there is many things , that we the general public do not know about these crimes against young men/boys. We are finally seeing it now with this thread. You my friend have been through a lot and hopefully about to come out the other end, with a positive result.

I hope, like the rest of the victims , you are receiving the best support possible.

I know you may not want this but, i applaud you on being brave enough to come forward,like the others and telling this so we all can finally see what really went on.

Good luck to you and all other victims and thank you for being brave enough to come forward when others would rather you remain silent.

I don’t think we can rely on this inept leader on any inquiry stateside. How this fool got the role of president is just ludicrous…

President Biden showed his deeply held affinity with Ireland when he compared the plight of the Palestinians to Britain’s “attitude toward Irish-Catholics over the years” in remarks in Israel yesterday.

It was not his first comment about his family roots at the expense of the British, having turned down a request for comment from a BBC journalist on the campaign trail in 2020, saying: “The BBC? I’m Irish.”

However, it comes at a delicate moment, with the Northern Ireland Protocol Bill under review by parliament amid warnings from the White House and senior US politicians about its impact on the Good Friday agreement.

His remark also risked upsetting his Israeli hosts at the end of a two-day visit, which he began by talking of a “bone-deep connection” with the US and declared that “you need not be a Jew to be a Zionist”.

His latest dig at Britain came in brief remarks to announce $100 million to support Palestinian hospitals. “My background and the background of my family is Irish American, and we have a long history of — not fundamentally unlike the Palestinian people — with Great Britain and their attitude toward Irish-Catholics over the years, for 400 years,” Biden, 79, said.

He then quoted a poem by Seamus Heaney that says sometimes “justice rises up/ And hope and history rhyme”.

He added: “Palestinians and Israelis deserve equal measure of freedom, security, prosperity and dignity. And access to healthcare, when you need it, is essential to living a life of dignity.”

There was no immediate official British reaction but Sir Paul Lever, a former British ambassador to Germany, tweeted: “President Biden has compared Israel’s treatment of the Palestinians with Britain’s treatment of Irish Catholics. He could also have mentioned, but didn’t, his own country’s treatment of black and native Americans.”

Biden has made gaffes throughout his career. He risked offending the Irish themselves during a St Patrick’s Day speech this year when he joked: “I may be Irish but I’m not stupid.”
This post has totally nothing to do with paedophilia. Not every Irish Catholic is a paedophile. In fact, only a small amount will be. These kinds of posts only hamper the good work the spotlight team are doing and give them reason to hit us with the sectarian baton.

If I can help anyone, in anyway, either individually, or collectively, please do not hesitate to ask...I can't stress that enough. Despite my own case, I am in an extremely fortunate position in relation to access to media platforms, and although strained, I have open lines of communication with the SFA.
I have public support from 2 ex CEOs of the SFA.
And I probably have information that is of use to people in this thread.
I am currently in discussion with Duncan Mackay MSP to have the current Scottish government enquiry extended to Football, or at the very least, get them to look into the SFAs treatment of survivors, which in my opinion is criminal.
Not only are they re traumatising victims over and over again, I believe they adopt this stance to actively discourage others from disclosure.
I ' know ' the SFA/SYFA are protecting names and reputations. There are no maybes.
I firmly believe the man who was pulling the strings at Hampden has left already. Maxwell only see's what he wants to see and this isn't to his taste.
His last parting shot was he didn't want to hide behind lawyers, but speak to our legal team.
Bereft of compassion, sympathy or moral accountability.
On an up note, one of the few men in that circle that had all the above attributes in abundance, was Walter Smith. He embraced me and my wife and gave me great encouragement to keep going. So, why would I stop .
Good luck to the lad in court today.
Can the poster explain why the laughing at this post please?

Hi Pete, let me just congratulate (not a good choice of word) you on all you have done as an individual to highlight your own case (and others) in this whole disgusting case.

This (what you said above) must be some weight of your shoulders being able to finally come out and give your side of the story. I can understand what you can and cannot say , with regards to lawyer stuff. But with you giving your side in black and white, it does make it a bit easier to understand, from yourself a victim.

You are correct, there is many things , that we the general public do not know about these crimes against young men/boys. We are finally seeing it now with this thread. You my friend have been through a lot and hopefully about to come out the other end, with a positive result.

I hope, like the rest of the victims , you are receiving the best support possible.

I know you may not want this but, i applaud you on being brave enough to come forward,like the others and telling this so we all can finally see what really went on.

Good luck to you and all other victims and thank you for being brave enough to come forward when others would rather you remain silent.
Thank you. My name and story had been in the public domain for 6 years now. I'm now worth ' googling '.....thank you so much...and more to come.

Thank you. My name and story had been in the public domain for 6 years now. I'm now worth ' googling '.....thank you so much...and more to come.
All the best Peter not sure how Vicarios Liability protects SFA as it means organisations are responsible for employees and governing bodies also responsible so should be challenged but best wishes to you and hopefully a good day in court for Gordon today

All the best Peter not sure how Vicarios Liability protects SFA as it means organisations are responsible for employees and governing bodies also responsible so should be challenged but best wishes to you and hopefully a good day in court for Gordon today
Yeah...SFA deny Stevenson was an employee. They refuse to disclose his employment status, and/or say he was never an employee at all...inspite of the TV evidence of him running the line at Home Internationals... ridiculous stuff... Thanks for your support. Pete

Yeah...SFA deny Stevenson was an employee. They refuse to disclose his employment status, and/or say he was never an employee at all...inspite of the TV evidence of him running the line at Home Internationals... ridiculous stuff... Thanks for your support. Pete

Pete, thanks for your information & you know you have everyone’s support as we on this thread have been monitoring so much of this scandal for many years now.

Spotlight already follows you on Twitter & if you could possibly follow us back we can speak to you privately & hopefully help each other.

We have been very vocal about the SFA’s behaviour, and will continue to pursue their part in what has been a disgrace to this country.

Peter are you able to tell us where Stevenson lived in Paisley.

Pete, thanks for your information & you know you have everyone’s support as we on this thread have been monitoring so much of this scandal for many years now.

Spotlight already follows you on Twitter & if you could possibly follow us back we can speak to you privately & hopefully help each other.

We have been very vocal about the SFA’s behaviour, and will continue to pursue their part in what has been a disgrace to this country.
Again, Thank You. I shut down all my social media 5/6 years ago (other than FB), when I waived anonymity, to protect my children, mainly.
But in all honesty, I have never really had any bad feedback. Lots of support from across the divides, as it should be. I am fortunate that, in my case, no particular club was involved, just the SFA. I will try to reactivate my Twitter account, but I'm not the most tech savvy. If unsuccessful, is FB an option ? Pete

This post has totally nothing to do with paedophilia. Not every Irish Catholic is a paedophile. In fact, only a small amount will be. These kinds of posts only hamper the good work the spotlight team are doing and give them reason to hit us with the sectarian baton.
What we have though is the highest profile Catholic in America refusing to take action , or even comment, on abuse within the Church.

It is symbolic of the silence and cover up of those in power and those with a voice. Whether it is in the USA, Scotland, the SNP, the BBC, Celtic FC, or elsewhere, there are regular occurrences of people in high positions protecting their own interests and refusing to ask questions or take action or even some form of responsibility on the matter.

Biden‘s comments above regarding Palestine only highlight both his ignorance and also his biases. It is disgraceful that he is putting votes and his own allegiances before saying or doing anything meaningful on the subject of abuse within his beloved Church.

This is a guy, a supposed champion of democracy, who essentially backed the IRA despite the overwhelming desire for the people of NI to remain part of the U.K.

(It is worth pointing out that the Nationalists boycotted the referendum as they knew they were not going to win).

The point is, the ‘greater good’ and long term goals within that religion always surpasses basic human decency, as highlighted by their attitude to CSA. And Biden is just another in a long line of powerful people who turn a blind eye.

Peter are you able to tell us where Stevenson lived in Paisley.
Absolutely....11 Greenock Road...across from the away end of St Mirren Park at the time, and within a few minutes walk of the Racecourse.
However, his hunting ground was mainly there, Ferguslie Park and probably most of Renfrewshire, as his status gave him access to all schools, changing rooms etc.
I believe he was charged by the then Strathclyde Police, but was never in court ( a common theme with Stevenson).
He then moved to Houston in Renfrewshire, Craigieburn Cres, around 1982/3...where my mother tracked him down in the mid 90's when I first disclosed this.
He hid in his home while his car was trashed, and anyone available was informed.
He was at Eastercraigs Boys Club, Ferguslie Utd, Cowdenbeath, Chelsea and probably many more I'm unaware of, up until his death in 2004. But those clubs for definite. He abused boys aged from 6 years old, to aged 17 years old, and these are confirmed in the Final Report by the SFA.
The scope of his abuse is unfathomable. Hope this helps . Pete

What we have though is the highest profile Catholic in America refusing to take action , or even comment, on abuse within the Church.

It is symbolic of the silence and cover up of those in power and those with a voice. Whether it is in the USA, Scotland, the SNP, the BBC, Celtic FC, or elsewhere, there are regular occurrences of people in high positions protecting their own interests and refusing to ask questions or take action or even some form of responsibility on the matter.

Biden‘s comments above regarding Palestine only highlight both his ignorance and also his biases. It is disgraceful that he is putting votes and his own allegiances before saying or doing anything meaningful on the subject of abuse within his beloved Church.

This is a guy, a supposed champion of democracy, who essentially backed the IRA despite the overwhelming desire for the people of NI to remain part of the U.K.

(It is worth pointing out that the Nationalists boycotted the referendum as they knew they were not going to win).

The point is, the ‘greater good’ and long term goals within that religion always surpasses basic human decency, as highlighted by their attitude to CSA. And Biden is just another in a long line of powerful people who turn a blind eye.
All these religious “cults” should be stripped of their tax exempt status immediately and left to survive or fail on their own, supported by their “followers” I am f***in sick of my hard earned cash indirectly funding these nonsense factories. Raping children and hiding behind these multi billion £ cults has surely got to end.

Of course they are protecting someone. They are setting the SFA(as a willing accomplice) to take the hit for the behaviour of the "Separate Entity". The SFA have already apologised for their failures, "Separate Entity", has expressed sorrow, but never uttered a single word of apology.
Scottish football as whole will end up being held accountable, at least in a sporting context, for the behaviour of this vile club over 5 decades.
This is what will happen unless clubs take action to forestall this course.
The footballing consequences for this club is either none or extinction
Spotlight will give their opinion on who we think they are protecting. We will show this at the correct time and let people make up their own minds.

Absolutely....11 Greenock Road...across from the away end of St Mirren Park at the time, and within a few minutes walk of the Racecourse.
However, his hunting ground was mainly there, Ferguslie Park and probably most of Renfrewshire, as his status gave him access to all schools, changing rooms etc.
I believe he was charged by the then Strathclyde Police, but was never in court ( a common theme with Stevenson).
He then moved to Houston in Renfrewshire, Craigieburn Cres, around 1982/3...where my mother tracked him down in the mid 90's when I first disclosed this.
He hid in his home while his car was trashed, and anyone available was informed.
He was at Eastercraigs Boys Club, Ferguslie Utd, Cowdenbeath, Chelsea and probably many more I'm unaware of, up until his death in 2004. But those clubs for definite. He abused boys aged from 6 years old, to aged 17 years old, and these are confirmed in the Final Report by the SFA.
The scope of his abuse is unfathomable. Hope this helps . Pete
Thank you.
I tried to track him down around 2007/8 at the Paisley Library where they had a disc which had the electoral roll for Renfrewshire.
It wasn't until your story came out 6 years ago that I realised the reason I couldn't find him was that he died in 2004.
Thank you for your bravery.

Last edited:
Spotlight will give their opinion on who we think they are protecting. We will show this at the correct time and let people make up their own minds.
Why is this contingent on pending cases? Surely to hell it can be outed?

This whole thing stinks. Honestly. Every day I learn more and more about the going on at that club and beyond and yet it can't be outed because another trial is about to be postponed.

I've no idea how you remain so calm, I'm sitting here furious because of this and I don't know the details.

I don't "get" this.

Companies have a duty of care to its employees and users and user groups.

Companies are being sued to this day, for a lack of duty to employees and users and user groups. I'm specifically thinking of sufferers of lung complaints like mesothelioma, and lung cancers caused by exposure to asbestos. Sufferes can still claim compensation from companies, even when those companies no longer exist. It's the companies insurance that pays the compensation.

In light of the above, how can the SFA say they are not liable ? They had a duty of care, the duty of care didn't die. The individual died.

This whole thing stinks. Honestly. Every day I learn more and more about the going on at that club and beyond and yet it can't be outed because another trial is about to be postponed.

I've no idea how you remain so calm, I'm sitting here furious because of this and I don't know the details.
We have to remain calm, mate. We have no choice. As angering as it is we have to follow the judicial process.
We have things in our possession that nobody knows we have. We will follow this process until the time is right for us to release what we have.
Never get angry. Concentrate on the end goal. To bring these beasts to justice, and to show what that club knew.

We have to remain calm, mate. We have no choice. As angering as it is we have to follow the judicial process.
We have things in our possession that nobody knows we have. We will follow this process until the time is right for us to release what we have.
Never get angry. Concentrate on the end goal. To bring these beasts to justice, and to show what that club knew.
It's just that I don't trust the judicial process anymore, fella.

Why should I? Or you? Surely overwhelming evidence should gazump a guys claim that his memory is fading? The whole process is so skewed in favour of the perpetrators and its massively wrong.

It's just that I don't trust the judicial process anymore, fella.

Why should I? Or you? Surely overwhelming evidence should gazump a guys claim that his memory is fading? The whole process is so skewed in favour of the perpetrators and its massively wrong.
We hear you, and we agree. If we release what we have at the wrong time then it will play right into the hands of the defence teams. They can claim their client isn’t receiving a fair trial due to recent press reports. It’s all very frustrating.

We promise that at the correct stage we will show something on this that will shock all.
Please just give us time to get through the legal loopholes, and certain issues to go through the legal process.
After that, then Spotlight will release what we have.
I hope that the evidence you are in possession of brings the whole stinking cesspit down. Keep fighting the good fight Spotlight team.

All you are doing is taking the spotlight off what went on at Parkhead and is happening now to cover that up. You are throwing everything on to one large mountain and also bringing a political issue into it that has totally nothing to do with the problems of Gordon Woods and all the other victims of abuse at Parkhead. Anyone looking at your post will be thinking "Oh, Ranger's website and IRA shite again" and missing what this thread is all about. The boys are chipping away at a problem far away from Joe Biden, and the last thing they need is for the problem to be watered down by Joe Biden's view of Northern Ireland. I am not saying that is not a problem, but not a problem for this fight.

I know how you feel pal, also watching certain Netflix series that have been out lately and there has been a few of them this story when fully released will blow all of them out the water

Probably. The Scottish justice system is in a terrible state. Absolutely nothing we can do about it.
Thank you, was not meant as a criticism.
Just feel sorry for the victims who Der serve justice having to prepare for today and then having it postponed,
What the Spotlight do is amazing and we all applaud your efforts,

BBC website now reporting it.
Any reason why the trial is in Inverness? Just a case of first court with a gap in the diary?

The founder of Celtic Boys' Club will stand trial next year accused of the sexual abuse of a 13-year-old boy more than 50 years ago.
Jim Torbett, 75, denies committing the attacks in Glasgow between June 1967 and December 1968.
The High Court in Glasgow heard the abuse is said to have carried on until the boy was 14.
The alleged offences occurred in a toyshop in Maryhill, a car in Drumchapel and a flat in Sighthill.
Mr Torbett was not present for the hearing but pled not guilty to four charges through his defence counsel, Jim Keegan QC.
Prosecutor Owen Mullan told Judge Lady Drummond that the Crown was ready for trial.
A six-day trial was fixed for April at the High Court in Inverness.

My only message to you is help the boys that pulled on your colours. Help their families. All of you would wear the hoops if you had the chance. Wee boys proud no matter what their background. Unfortunately at your club there was a ring operating that goes far and wide.
I’ve copied this from your bigger post (41954) because it’s a message that every Sellik fan should have rammed down their throat.
I started winding up my Sellik supporting brother in law, a decent enough guy outwith football, and, the crux of his defence, after an hour of debate, was pretty much “separate entity until proven different”.
(Apart from that a judge has already ruled this out)
So, I said to him, “that’s the best part of an hour you’ve been protecting your club and not a word from you regarding the victims.”
“Protect the club at all costs is all we hear from Sellik supporters, never a thought about the kids, the victims.”
“Tell me this” I said pointing to his son, “what if it were him?”
“Just remember, there are well over 200 “hims” and God knows how many more weren’t and haven’t been allowed to come forward.”
I haven’t convinced him but I wasn’t really expecting to.

Why inverness,are the courts backlogged around here?,still,it doesn't matter where this piece of scum stands trial,as long as he does and justice is served.

Just need his cohorts to maintain breathing and get them into a court room soon for their serving of justice.

Back