Wee warning shot across the BBC’s bows

mdingwall

Administrator
A wee birdie tells me the Beeb’s coverage of our game v Livi raised a few eyebrows amongst the punters and fed into the club who have had a word in the shell-like.

Specifically -

Colak’s goal

Cancer’s tackle on Scott Wright

Foul on Rangers player when ball ended in net towards the end

There will be no return to business as usual.

A wee birdie tells me the Beeb’s coverage of our game v Livi raised a few eyebrows amongst the punters and fed into the club who have had a word in the shell-like.

Specifically -

Colak’s goal

Glad to hear it

Haven't seen the game or BBC coverage.

Are the issues the same old selective editing?
I think they also edited the push on Goldson for their disallowed effort.
It looked as if some frames were missing from the video, to make it appear that contact was minimal if anything at all. Miller appeared to be playing their game too, implying Goldson was at it.
I was shouting for it, before the ball was anywhere near the net.

Imagine the national broadcaster, on their flagship football programme, not even discussing the most debatable refereeing decision in the game of the day. Especially when they had the expert analysis of Michael Stewart open to them.

Pathetic c*nts don't even try to hide it. Well done Rangers for acting on it.

Glad to hear it. It will take a huge shift in mentality for them to even approach fair reporting. Rhotten to the core but at least the club are trying. We will see if it makes any difference.

Specifically -

Colak’s goal

Yes , i among the others highlighted it and was panned from a lurker for it today, i sincerely hope this is true

Haven't seen the game or BBC coverage.

Are the issues the same old selective editing?
Yes.

I've already submitted a complaint via the BBC website.

For the first time in years, solely due to BBC Scotland's apology to Rangers Football Club, I watched Sportscene.

The discussion after the replay of the Livingston v Rangers match was in my view biased. This being due its omission of important discussion points from the match.

The replay did not show Livingston player Cancar's first yellow card or the foul that most viewers and pundits viewed as a second yellow card offence which would have led to a red card. The Livingston manager knowing his player was on extremely shaky ground substituted him almost immediately after this event. A first-half substitution in such circumstances is a talk-worthy point, but your editors chose not even to show any of this, and your presenters and pundits made no mention of these notable events either.

We were then treated to much discussion and repeated footage of a disallowed Livingston 'goal' for which the referee had already blown for a foul before the ball was put into the net.

Prior to that disallowed 'goal' Rangers had had a goal chalked off themselves in dubious circumstances. To many in the ground, and to many viewers, that refereeing decision was controversial. Exactly the sort of match event one would expect to be discussed by your pundits post match. But... nothing! Silence!

BBC Scotland's presentation came across to me like it was manufactured to give an 'Ooh, look at lucky Rangers' feel.

At the time of BBC Scotland's apology to Rangers, I thought that it was done solely for the purpose of ending its self-embarrassment at its own pathetic stance on Rangers. I now firmly believe this to be the case.

I have no expectation that BBC Scotland will give Rangers fair, impartial or balanced coverage. As such, I will not be watching any future BBC Scotland coverage (live or highlights) of Rangers, and will also not listen to radio output or view any BBC Scotland website journalism. Enough is enough!

Specifically -

Colak’s goal

A few of us have already filled in complaint forms. It was clearly edited in a biased way.

The 'management' may well have issued an apology of sorts, but the place is absolutely infested with that lot and / or Rangers haters in general. Producers and editors behind the scenes. People like Stewart and Cosgrove in front of the camera and behind the mic. These people aren't going to change their approach. They can't. The bitterness oozes out of every pore. There either needs to be a clearout, or there needs to be consequences for perpetual offenders. We all know neither of those things will be happening.

What I don’t get is why they don’t/can’t do their job. I’m Rangers daft. I see everything through a Rangers prism. However, if I’m a professional pundit, I do my job. I can admit when Celtic are ahead of us. I would cover all angles. I see no point in doing what they do. It’s just pathetic at best and bigoted at worst.

Would never trust them again.

NEVER FORGET.
Yep never forgive no bridge building and never forget, what these bastards tried to do to our club was an absolute disgrace, i work a lot in England and they really have no idea of what was done to Rangers but i soon tell them and they also know why the filth don,t get a home fixture on Remembrance weekend and they ask how does the random fixtures come out like this to which i laugh and laugh and if it was not so serious i would be laughing as if it was funny.

Specifically -

Colak’s goal

I await the wankfest on their highlights show tonight, grant now on commentry on sportsound i hear , whats happened to bonner has he been sacked.

Don’t think anyone really thought things would be different with the beeb, some of them just can’t help themselves. It’s good the club are not going to let them away with it all the same.

I got all the analysis and footage I needed from sky sports.

Why anyone wanted to tune in for the school newspaper standard, made by Timmy for Timmy nonsense is beyond me.

I only watch it for a laugh when they get beat.

After Yesterday’s coverage, club should be telling them that’s strike one, was an utter disgrace what they missed out

And to say was soft, Goldson was clearly shoved, it was in front of me, was correct decision

They never even mentioned the other terrible ref mistakes that did happen

Deny deflect then apologise
Rinse then repeat
Deny deflect then apologise. Now where have I heard or seen that before

Specifically -

Colak’s goal

The ommition of the tackle on Scott Wright was beyond belief.

They know last season that refereeing decisions benefited Celtc. They also know which officials were guilty of these "honest mistakes". They came from the same demographic as the BBC employees who put out a pathetic program edited and designed to enhance the false narrative that Rangers are favoured by refereeing decisions.
They claim that previously they fell below the standards of reporting expected from the BBC and its Charter. Sadly it's now what we expect from them.

Specifically -

Colak’s goal

They’ll be out on their arse soon than later.

Their sportscene coverage was business as usual. It was never going to work really and many called it right away.

Back