Wee warning shot across the BBC’s bows

A wee birdie tells me the Beeb’s coverage of our game v Livi raised a few eyebrows amongst the punters and fed into the club who have had a word in the shell-like.

Specifically -

Colak’s goal

Cancer’s tackle on Scott Wright

Foul on Rangers player when ball ended in net towards the end

There will be no return to business as usual.

Great news Mark.

Hope we are ready to act quickly.

We let them off lightly.

Is it not down to the producers? They are the ones that select what is to be looked at? The swamp really needs drained there.
I think so Tam Cowan said to Jonathan Sutherland when he was on offtheball before an old firm game at Ibrox last season they better not have an interview with Ange after the game because no other managers get interviewed at Ibrox and his response was he would have a word with the producers and they ended up not showing an interview with him

I think they also edited the push on Goldson for their disallowed effort.
It looked as if some frames were missing from the video, to make it appear that contact was minimal if anything at all. Miller appeared to be playing their game too, implying Goldson was at it.
I was shouting for it, before the ball was anywhere near the net.
The whistle went before it was anywhere near the guy who put it in the net.

The 'management' may well have issued an apology of sorts, but the place is absolutely infested with that lot and / or Rangers haters in general. Producers and editors behind the scenes. People like Stewart and Cosgrove in front of the camera and behind the mic. These people aren't going to change their approach. They can't. The bitterness oozes out of every pore. There either needs to be a clearout, or there needs to be consequences for perpetual offenders. We all know neither of those things will be happening.
You only need to listen to Thought for The Day on GMS to hear the amount of times they have RC's doing it.

I turned on RS today and heard Dick Gordon. I knew then, despite all the noise of him leaving and the alleged change of heart that BBC Scotland would never change.

The more things change the more things stay the same.

Bitter rabid rangers and union hating, republican loving horrible bastards.

Never forgive. Never forget.

These "highlights" were not even remotely innocent. They were basically the scum at BBC Scotland sticking two fingers up to their paymasters down south. Like a petulent child being told not to walk on grass who runs across it in defiance. The swamp needs drained and refilled with proper professionals.

I got all the analysis and footage I needed from sky sports.

Why anyone wanted to tune in for the school newspaper standard, made by Timmy for Timmy nonsense is beyond me.

I only watch it for a laugh when they get beat.
What about the timmy comentry on sky during our away games , you happy with that

The producers of their radio and tv football are to a man utter bigots

For that reason they will never change. They MIGHT dial it down a bit, but they absolutely hate Rangers

Good.

You're no apologising to just continue as before, actually make up for your past actions and report on us fairly going forward.

Sportscene coverage is pish.

Glad the club have reacted and given them a warning as that’s what’s required

If this editorial bias is maintained the club could take action as the BBC have already apologised and admitted the previous coverage did not meet their editorial standards of fair and balanced reporting

The BBC a in Scotland cannot be trusted and I won’t be surprised if it happens again

Maybe the decision to lift their self imposed ban came from the top of BBC Scotland because yesterday's coverage looked like BBC Scotland's Sport department indicating we have not and will not change our biased coverage of Rangers.
That's the interesting thing here. Whoever wanted to rebuild the relationship from within BBC will now have to show some conviction. Do they start to go down the capability route and begin to remove employees ignoring management guidance or do they give up knowing that the relationship will revert to what it was for the last seven years. Never good to be ignored as a manager.

I think they also edited the push on Goldson for their disallowed effort.
It looked as if some frames were missing from the video, to make it appear that contact was minimal if anything at all. Miller appeared to be playing their game too, implying Goldson was at it.
I was shouting for it, before the ball was anywhere near the net.
It looks like it was given for holding on Tav cause the ref points directly at the Livi player and gestures holding to him?

Hopefully we now just actually ban them officially. A statement along the lines of BBC Scotland now don't have to pretend to all and sundry that Rangers stopped them from setting foot in Ibrox, now they are banned...sine die.

It’s what they deserve eeboh.

For a STATE FUNDED organisation, what right do they have to show clear bias mate ?

I turned on RS today and heard Dick Gordon. I knew then, despite all the noise of him leaving and the alleged change of heart that BBC Scotland would never change.

Looks like he's doing the rounds on celtic podcasts now?

The coverage from the BBC was as amateurish as it was shoddy. They would have been as well stating before they aired our match highlights that they didn’t really give a shit about and it was just a box ticking exercise.

Totally and utterly appalling and it would be great to hear if we have went back to not dealing with them due to their incompetence.

A wee birdie tells me the Beeb’s coverage of our game v Livi raised a few eyebrows amongst the punters and fed into the club who have had a word in the shell-like.

Specifically -

Colak’s goal

Cancer’s tackle on Scott Wright

Foul on Rangers player when ball ended in net towards the end

There will be no return to business as usual.
First chance to show they could be fair, I've no issue with them discussing the livi chopped off goal, but as ever they miss everything that went against us. Jokers.

The club should be using this as a lever to have the producer disciplined.

I'd be requesting a meeting to ask the bbc to explain editorial decisions around the highlights package.

The whistle went before it was anywhere near the guy who put it in the net.
This.

There was only one disallowed goal in the game. Čolak's.

With the Livi incident, the referee had blown his whistle well before the Livi striker put the ball into our net. On the referee's whistle, the ball is not in play any more. You cannot score a goal when the ball is not in play. There was no 'goal' to disallow. Play had already been stopped.

With ours, the linesman only raised his flag after the ball had hit the net. The referee then disallowed a goal that had been scored.

So, there was only one disallowed goal in the match, and BBC Scotland saw fit not only to not discuss it, but to fill the time it should have been being discussed by talking about a foul for a push in the back of a player which led to a striker putting a 'dead' ball into the net.

Nothing but outrageous bias!

What about the timmy comentry on sky during our away games , you happy with that
Not at all, I’d love to see that changed but i find it quite easy to ignore commentary.

I was comparing the quality of the production between the 2.

Must have worked, they’ve just shown and discussed all the incidents on Sunday Sportscene
Too little too late the damage is done blanket ban the lot from radio shortbread to RC Clyde clean bill of health needed given there chance an blown sky high what a cluster feck by those in charge of a state run TV programme agai ban the lot

Wanking themselves off over Nouvble scoring and having a half chance then basically making out the only reason Tavs FK went in was down to poor goalkeeping. Time to make a VAR comment from the ginger wank about the goal that was rightly chopped off for Livi as Goldson was clearly pushed but absolutely no mention of the legitimate Colak goal that was chopped off incorrectly.

Very impartial reporting BBC.

Said no one, ever.

I'm surprised that anyone is surprised.

The current generation of Scottish RC ranks amongst the most vile of bigot I've ever encountered (and I've travelled a bit). They'll leech off the public £ until it's drained then fück off to another handout (unfortunately for us every other country has sussed them). But never, ever will they return to their spiritual home. Not while you are paying.

Last edited:

Dunno where folk on here got the idea he was leaving. It was known from the start that he was stopping presenting the Saturday show but would present the Sunday show.

Back