Wee warning shot across the BBC’s bows

The producer of Sportscene is a Celtic fan. So much so he had his wean and Mrs in the opening credits a few seasons ago in their Celtic tops celebrating in their living room.
Is that correct mate?

Wow

Yeah, which is why the club having eyebrows raised over a day later is too little too late again.

Big mistake from the board letting them back in
I think the club has the ear of the top execs in London or this wouldn’t have changed with the apology

They must have had assurances that the reporting would change it clearly hasn’t

The club hopefully goes back to London with this latest guff biased reporting and editing of highlights as more bias

Hopefully this leads to sackings in the editorial roles and final warning to the scum who run the place

It could just be a blessing and the bbc down south gut the place

Maybe even get some rangers fans in top positions to cull the catholic bias and snp bias on show in a daily basis

I think the club has the ear of the top execs in London or this wouldn’t have changed with the apology

They must have had assurances that the reporting would change it clearly hasn’t

The club hopefully goes back to London with this latest guff biased reporting and editing of highlights as more bias

Hopefully this leads to sackings in the editorial roles and final warning to the scum who run the place

It could just be a blessing and the bbc down south gut the place

Maybe even get some rangers fans in top positions to cull the catholic bias and snp bias on show in a daily basis
in all probability, the club will have expected resistance and disregard, from those within pacific quay, and true to form the bigots have exposed themselves at the very first hurdle, now Rangers can go back into the channels of communication with London/Manchester and say , here is exactly what we have been telling you, and what we said would be bbc scotland"s response to the apology,the ball goes firmly back into the court of the big wigs down south,as it becomes clear to them that the scottish branch is not for changing

One thing I would say to those that still watch Sportscene.

Sky put out highlights of our games the day after on YouTube. You don't need to watch sportscene to see the highlights of ours games (or any of the spfl if that's your thing).

That doesn't mean the BBC should get away with their bias just means you don't need to give them the views.

Celtic fans can’t act professionally when it comes to Rangers.

Hatred is ingrained into them.

It's also part of the bigger put refs under pressure policy.
Which is why I maintain that fans of theirs that play for other SPFL clubs put more effort into their games against us, than them.

Nothing will ever convince me otherwise - am absolutely certain of it.

Did Sportscene not show our disallowed goal in the highlights?

They showed it, then the replay where the commentator said words to the effect it was an incredibly close decision (it wasn't, Colak was clearly onside) but there was no mention of it in the post-match analysis. They didn't show the incident with the Livingston player who was booked, then fouled Wright again and should have been sent off but the ref instead had a word with their captain and the player was subbed. Absolutely scandalous, yet not on the highlights never mind post-match analysis. Then they showed and discussed the Livingston goal in the last minute, with Stewart (surprise surprise) saying if there'd been VAR it would have been allowed, despite the fact there was clearly a foul and everyone stopped before the ball went into the net. The whole package was a disgrace.

Back in the 60s and 70s Stein had the press and TV in his back pocket as every time he felt they'd been short changed in the media he was onto them, and they eventually were terrified of him and scum fc. It's about time we started applying the same kind of pressure when stuff like the weekend goes on because they are already setting the narrative otherwise.

Last edited:
Which is why I maintain that fans of theirs that play for other SPFL clubs put more effort into their games against us, than them.

Nothing will ever convince me otherwise - am absolutely certain of it.

I remember they were playing Dunfermline in a game where, if they won, they'd win the league, and Gerry Creaney of Athletic (and ex scum of course) was asked in the press beforehand what would he do if he was through one on one with the keeper and actually said he'd make sure it went over the bar or round the post. They've never changed.

Edit : it was Gerry Britton!

Last edited:
They showed it, then the replay where the commentator said words to the effect it was an incredibly close decision (it wasn't, Colak was clearly onside) but there was no mention of it in the post-match analysis. They didn't show the incident with the Livingston player who was booked, then fouled Wright again and should have been sent off but the ref instead had a word with their captain and the player was subbed. Absolutely scandalous, yet not on the highlights never mind post-match analysis. Then they showed and discussed the Livingston goal in the last minute, with Stewart (surprise surprise) saying if there'd been VAR it would have been allowed, despite the fact there was clearly a foul and everyone stopped before the ball went into the net. The whole package was a disgrace.

Back in the 60s and 70s Stein had the press and TV in his back pocket as every time he felt they'd been short changed in the media he was onto them, and they eventually were terrified of him and scum fc. It's about time we started applying the same kind of pressure when stuff like the weekend goes on because they are already setting the narrative otherwise.
Likely it was discussed in the studio but the footage ended up on the cutting room floor.

Reactions: ao2
They spent the first five minutes of the show with shite poetry padding. Not a good way to start the new football season. Five whole minutes of pseudo-motivational wank filmed in what I think was Cathkin Park.

Then they put on three minutes of 'highlights'.

I don't see much benefit in making up with the BBC cos their sports dept is a low budget tabloid afterthought.

They spent the first five minutes of the show with shite poetry padding. Not a good way to start the new football season. Five whole minutes of pseudo-motivational wank filmed in what I think was Cathkin Park.

Then they put on three minutes of 'highlights'.

I don't see much benefit in making up with the BBC cos their sports dept is a low budget tabloid afterthought.
It was absolute woke nonsense, filled with a higher percentage of women, disabled people and ethnic minorities than they needed to have. As bad as the STV news.

Is it petulance? Is it defiance? Is it both? Who cares. They were never going to change. It’s ingrained.

Are they daring the club to ban them? If so, the club should not fall for their ruse. Marginalise them and inform London of the pettiness before finally going public if need be.

As for the supporters mindset, some cling to the notion that the BBC is the best antidote to the right wing media. I’m sorry, but even if it is in some respects (whether that is a good or a bad thing notwithstanding), it is gone now. It has been riddled with them for more than twenty five years. They will not relinquish control of it willingly.

So, I’m afraid that all those who thought that we would rewind time and go back to the days of Dougie Donnelly, Archie Macpherson, Alistair Alexander and assumed impartiality are going to be sorely disappointed.

It’s no loss in my book. The world has moved on a great deal from those days.

Oh, and p.s.

Fcùk them.

Sky Sports showed the Livi disallowed goal on their pre game bit yesterday and Boyd asked why the Colak goal or the 2nd yellow for the Livi player also wasn't included.

Why doesn't someone like Thompson or Miller question why it was also not shown on Sportscene?

You don't have to be a proper Rangers fan to question it but if you see yourself as a proper pundit/host then surely it would be mentioned?

Then they showed and discussed the Livingston goal in the last minute, with Stewart (surprise surprise) saying if there'd been VAR it would have been allowed, despite the fact there was clearly a foul and everyone stopped before the ball went into the net. The whole package was a disgrace.
Interesting point.

So let`s say the ref` blows for the foul. Everyone stops playing (as you play to the whistle) except one guy who pokes the ball in the net, cos he`s a dick and the play has been whistled.

VAR would give that (if there was no original foul)?????? Surely that would mean you would ALWAYS play on until the ball goes out of play, regardless if the ref blows or not. On ANY incident. It cannot be assumed the ref got it right.

Or am I all wrong?

Weird if that`s the case.

I remember they were playing Dunfermline in a game where, if they won, they'd win the league, and Gerry Creaney of Athletic (and ex scum of course) was asked in the press beforehand what would he do if he was through one on one with the keeper and actually said he'd make sure it went over the bar or round the post. They've never changed.

I found it interesting just months ago, when they needed the draw at Tannadice to win the league & Charlie Mulgrew was unavailable.

Maybe just coincidence but it didn’t surprise me at the time.

A wee birdie tells me the Beeb’s coverage of our game v Livi raised a few eyebrows amongst the punters and fed into the club who have had a word in the shell-like.

Specifically -

Colak’s goal

Cancer’s tackle on Scott Wright

Foul on Rangers player when ball ended in net towards the end

There will be no return to business as usual.
Glad to hear it.

Watched the Sunday show. They included the Colak & double yellow incidents in their "VAR review".

They managed to draw 2 squiggly lines that enabled Leeanne to confidently state that Colak was "offside" & they showed the double yellow. Can't recall the discussion about it, but they showed both tackles.

It would be pleasing if they included them yesterday as a result of the reported "shot across their bows" after the Saturday show - but is that taking optimism too far?

Doubt BBC will take much notice of any warning shots. If any were fired.

I hope I am wrong. I am a supporter of the BBC outside Scotland. But think what we have in Scotland is an abject failure. I simply don’t listen to any of their output.

It needs fundamental reform.

The idea Graham, Robertson et al have "the ear of big execs in London" is fatuous.
Tend to agree. The dispute's been going on for years, so I find it hard to believe that senior execs down south didn't know about it. I suppose it's possible that there's been a change of decision maker that changed the direction, but I guess we'll never know.

in all probability, the club will have expected resistance and disregard, from those within pacific quay, and true to form the bigots have exposed themselves at the very first hurdle, now Rangers can go back into the channels of communication with London/Manchester and say , here is exactly what we have been telling you, and what we said would be bbc scotland"s response to the apology,the ball goes firmly back into the court of the big wigs down south,as it becomes clear to them that the scottish branch is not for changing
Wishful thinking, I fear, mate. Early indications were certainly that BBC Shortbread didn't feel under any pressure from London to behave itself.

Watched the Sunday show. They included the Colak & double yellow incidents in their "VAR review".

They managed to draw 2 squiggly lines that enabled Leeanne to confidently state that Colak was "offside" & they showed the double yellow. Can't recall the discussion about it, but they showed both tackles.

It would be pleasing if they included them yesterday as a result of the reported "shot across their bows" after the Saturday show - but is that taking optimism too far?
However, it's encouraging to think (from the OP) that the club is at least taking notes and having a word. And kudos to Boyd for using his platform to question the editing. Maybe, just maybe, as Blue Genes hopes, this had an effect.

Whatever the case, every injustice needs called out going forward as a reminder of why an apology was due to the club in the first place and in warning of why further action - a charge of professional misconduct, perhaps - may need to be considered.

The club should be dealing with the BBC down south on this matter, it's pointless talking to Pacific Quay.
We should be pulling all access IMO

Slightly off topic, but the Sky Scotland twitter feed yesterday afternoon was clearly being controlled by that odious lickspittle Anthony R Joseph. Fanzine stuff and absolutely embarrassing.

The same as Holyrood, the BBC should be taken back under the full control of London.
To say they cannot be trusted is an understatement

One flaw in that story.

Gerry Creaney never played for Dunfermline.

One flaw in that story.

Gerry Creaney never played for Dunfermline.
I think that story has been altered over time. My understanding it was a comment from Frank McGarvey on his second stint at St Mirren . His comment was supposed to have been he would deliberately miss while playing for St Mirren against if it meant Celtic would lose the league. I don't think it related to any specific game.

Interesting point.

So let`s say the ref` blows for the foul. Everyone stops playing (as you play to the whistle) except one guy who pokes the ball in the net, cos he`s a dick and the play has been whistled.

VAR would give that (if there was no original foul)?????? Surely that would mean you would ALWAYS play on until the ball goes out of play, regardless if the ref blows or not. On ANY incident. It cannot be assumed the ref got it right.

Or am I all wrong?

Weird if that`s the case.
In VAR world the ref would be told not to blow for the foul then it would be reviewed after the fact - so basically play on then get word in his ear

I couldn't give much of a feck about the BBC. They'll never change but it hardly affects me as I watch very little of their output.
I would, however, love to hear the club has fired a broadside at hibs, the Foundry bar in Perth, Sturgeon, Pete Wishart SNP MP for Perth, and of course Polis Scotland for the outrageous video of Hibs fans doing the rounds.

Or subconsciously miss when presented with sitters - see Jonny Hayes yesterday. If that’s at Ibrox he scores
Haven't seen that but commented on Hayes against them last season when he was smashing crosses out the park when a simple cut back leading to an open goal is available etc

Back