Wee warning shot across the BBC’s bows

As an aside, here's exhibit number 2. Clive Lindsay's post match report. As ever, he can't help himself and clearly hasn't spent more than a few minutes throwing it together. It's an utter mess, hard to read, piece of so called journalism.

"brave hosts Livingston."
"Joel Nouble's delightful fifth-minute lob."
"sublimely controlled chip over goalkeeper Jon McLaughlin."
"New home goalkeeper Shamal George then superbly denied fellow debutant Malik Tillman and Tavernier"
"For much of the game at Tony Macaroni Arena, Martindale looked to be winning the battle of strategies with Van Bronckhorst."
"Martindale was also decisivein hauling off centre-half signing Phillip Cancar after only 33 minutes to avoid a second yellow card." Eh naw. He avoided a second yellow because the ref bottled it. But praise be Saint Martindale. o_O
"For much of the game, the Glasgow visitors looked to be heading for a first opening-day top-flight loss since 1998"

... versus the somewhat matter of fact, less enthusiastically described...

"Livi held out resolutely until Scott Arfield's glancing header after 72 minutes."
"Captain James Tavernier quickly followed up with a free-kick winner."

And the post match takeaways?

4 paragraphs on all the positives about Livi. Then 2 paragraphs on Rangers. The second of which is really about celtic and Martindale again.

"However, Van Bronckhorst's second-half substitution's turned the game, with former Livi man Arfield and Malik Tillman, on loan from Bayern Munich, providing a much-needed extra goal threat from midfield.

It was the type of game that the Dutchman's side failed to turn into victories last season as they relinquished the title. Martindale, meanwhile, can take his own positives from the way his own reshaped side competed with last season's runners-up."

Could the contrast be any more stark? Terrific effort from Livi to try and take points off Rangers and that's all that matters really. Rangers are just relegated to the customary bare minimum, give them nothing, sideshow to be ignored, unless it's for negative berating agenda based purposes, of course.

I'd be ashamed if that were an example of my 'work' and 'professionalism'. However we all know he won't be. A rat that lives in a sewer.

Edit: I guess at least we have a name put to this tripe for a change instead of anonymous 'online reporter'. I guess that's a little progress towards some accountability if it lasts. It's a morsel I know but I'll take what I can get.

Last edited:
Yes.

I've already submitted a complaint via the BBC website.

For the first time in years, solely due to BBC Scotland's apology to Rangers Football Club, I watched Sportscene.

The discussion after the replay of the Livingston v Rangers match was in my view biased. This being due its omission of important discussion points from the match.

The replay did not show Livingston player Cancar's first yellow card or the foul that most viewers and pundits viewed as a second yellow card offence which would have led to a red card. The Livingston manager knowing his player was on extremely shaky ground substituted him almost immediately after this event. A first-half substitution in such circumstances is a talk-worthy point, but your editors chose not even to show any of this, and your presenters and pundits made no mention of these notable events either.

We were then treated to much discussion and repeated footage of a disallowed Livingston 'goal' for which the referee had already blown for a foul before the ball was put into the net.

Prior to that disallowed 'goal' Rangers had had a goal chalked off themselves in dubious circumstances. To many in the ground, and to many viewers, that refereeing decision was controversial. Exactly the sort of match event one would expect to be discussed by your pundits post match. But... nothing! Silence!

BBC Scotland's presentation came across to me like it was manufactured to give an 'Ooh, look at lucky Rangers' feel.

At the time of BBC Scotland's apology to Rangers, I thought that it was done solely for the purpose of ending its self-embarrassment at its own pathetic stance on Rangers. I now firmly believe this to be the case.

I have no expectation that BBC Scotland will give Rangers fair, impartial or balanced coverage. As such, I will not be watching any future BBC Scotland coverage (live or highlights) of Rangers, and will also not listen to radio output or view any BBC Scotland website journalism. Enough is enough!
I think it was after the so-called Livi "goal" being disallowed that pundits Miller and Stewart mentioned VAR and laughed off the suggestion that VAR might have picked up some clear and obvious errors. They ridiculed the mention of VAR.

The 'management' may well have issued an apology of sorts, but the place is absolutely infested with that lot and / or Rangers haters in general. Producers and editors behind the scenes. People like Stewart and Cosgrove in front of the camera and behind the mic. These people aren't going to change their approach. They can't. The bitterness oozes out of every pore. There either needs to be a clearout, or there needs to be consequences for perpetual offenders. We all know neither of those things will be happening.
Pretty much this. The guy that runs the takeaway might apologise but it doesn't mean the staff stop jizzing in your food

As an aside, here's exhibit number 2. Clive Lindsay's post match report. As ever, he can't help himself and clearly hasn't spent more than a few minutes throwing it together. It's an utter mess, hard to read, piece of so called journalism.

"brave hosts Livingston."
"Joel Nouble's delightful fifth-minute lob."
"sublimely controlled chip over goalkeeper Jon McLaughlin."
"New home goalkeeper Shamal George then superbly denied fellow debutant Malik Tillman and Tavernier"
"For much of the game at Tony Macaroni Arena, Martindale looked to be winning the battle of strategies with Van Bronckhorst."
"Martindale was also decisive in hauling off centre-half signing Phillip Cancar after only 33 minutes to avoid a second yellow card." Eh naw. He avoided a second yellow because the ref bottled it. But praise be Saint Martindale o_O

... versus the somewhat matter of fact, less enthusiastically described...

"For much of the game, the Glasgow visitors looked to be heading for a first opening-day top-flight loss since 1998"
"Livi held out resolutely until Scott Arfield's glancing header after 72 minutes."
"Captain James Tavernier quickly followed up with a free-kick winner."

And the post match takeaways?

4 paragraphs on all the positives about Livi. Then 2 paragraphs on Rangers.

"However, Van Bronckhorst's second-half substitution's turned the game, with former Livi man Arfield and Malik Tillman, on loan from Bayern Munich, providing a much-needed extra goal threat from midfield.

It was the type of game that the Dutchman's side failed to turn into victories last season as they relinquished the title. Martindale, meanwhile, can take his own positives from the way his own reshaped side competed with last season's runners-up."

Could the contrast be any more stark? Terrific effort from Livi to try and take points off Rangers and that's all that matters really. Rangers are just relegated to the customary bare minimum, give them nothing, sideshow to be ignored, unless it's for negative berating agenda based purposes.

I'd be ashamed if that were an example of my 'work' and 'professionalism'. However we all know he won't be. A rat that lives in a sewer.
"...former Livi man Arfield..."
I don't remember Scotty playing for Livi, I know he was born in Livingston but that reads as though he played for them.

Pretty much this. The guy that runs the takeaway might apologise but it doesn't mean the staff stop jizzing in your food
Cheers bud. It's hard enough for me to pluck up the courage to drizzle that garlic mayo over my grub at the best of times for fear of what extras may be lurking within it. :eek:

But to have my angst validated by someone else has probably just tipped that anxiety over the edge now. No salad & defo no sauce loyal from now on. Probably for the best. Should maybe just start making my own anyway :D

What I don’t get is why they don’t/can’t do their job. I’m Rangers daft. I see everything through a Rangers prism. However, if I’m a professional pundit, I do my job. I can admit when Celtic are ahead of us. I would cover all angles. I see no point in doing what they do. It’s just pathetic at best and bigoted at worst.

You see ..to me the problem with Declan is that he is so consumed he finds it impossible to seperate his football and cult beliefs from everyday life thus rendering him.useless in giving a fair unbiased opinion.

A wee birdie tells me the Beeb’s coverage of our game v Livi raised a few eyebrows amongst the punters and fed into the club who have had a word in the shell-like.

Specifically -

Colak’s goal

Cancer’s tackle on Scott Wright

Foul on Rangers player when ball ended in net towards the end

There will be no return to business as usual.
You'll forget about it if Dave Chappelle is about. Knob

Glad to hear it. The Sportscene "coverage" was genuinely laughable. Shouldn't have been shocked by it but I was.
Agreed and it underlines again why we bother? Personally after yesterday’s program I’d have called and told them sorry this is more c**p so the deal is off.

The rheptiles at P Key CSC were forced by their masters in London to end their boycott and remain very unhappy at being forced into the grovelling apology.

Sign up to the new Loggoland on Patreon and follow his analysis of how the rats are squirming. His first publication is due tomorrow and is free to view for the first week.

PipPip.

They are like a pet dog that's bitten one of its family

They should never have been allowed back in the house and can never be trusted. Put them down.

Just withdraw forthwith

There is no point in engagement with them

They are snide underhand biased and liars

We can do without them they can’t do without us

I think so Tam Cowan said to Jonathan Sutherland when he was on offtheball before an old firm game at Ibrox last season they better not have an interview with Ange after the game because no other managers get interviewed at Ibrox and his response was he would have a word with the producers and they ended up not showing an interview with him
Just watched yesterday’s - no credits at the end re producers etc - maybe that’s normal, I wouldn’t know…

A wee birdie tells me the Beeb’s coverage of our game v Livi raised a few eyebrows amongst the punters and fed into the club who have had a word in the shell-like.

Specifically -

Colak’s goal

Cancer’s tackle on Scott Wright

Foul on Rangers player when ball ended in net towards the end

There will be no return to business as usual.
Personally don't know what we get out of this. They still got biased highlights but now have manager / player interviews and we get....?

I said at the time that the 'apology' wasn't anything of the sort, it was just weasel words from a rancid organisation that has no business dealing with our club. They should have been made to list their wrongs and apologise for each one. Instead they gave us, 'we've apologised for shortcomings in private, and are happy to repeat that'.

Simply not good enough, and the first day of the season isn't even over and they're at it again. Cut ties with these scumbags, let them rot. I'm so glad they haven't had any of my money, I urge all Rangers fans to stop paying these bastards their tv tax, fuck them.

I don't watch Sportscene, but I get an update through here from people who do.
It appears that some of our former players are happy to accept a gig from BBC Scotland.
Everyone needs an income source and hey we all need money, lots of money, more money, tons of money as much money as we can stuff into our pockets.
Or it would seem so if you can just park any semblance of integrity or loyalty or indeed truth to chase it.

I am sorry, but if you can go into a studio and be part of this dishonesty, why should you walk into Ibrox and expect anything but a poor reaction from the supporters you are involved in cheating of fairness?

It appears that some of our former players are happy to accept a gig from BBC Scotland.
Everyone needs an income source and hey we all need money, lots of money, more money, tons of money as much money as we can stuff into our pockets.
Or it would seem so if you can just park any semblance of integrity or loyalty or indeed truth to chase it.

I am sorry, but if you can go into a studio and be part of this dishonesty, why should you walk into Ibrox and expect anything but a poor reaction from the supporters you are involved in cheating of fairness?

That particular former player has accepted worse gigs than that.

At the very least, said pundits should be taking note of the reaction of the Rangers fans and demanding fairer coverage and production. After all, they might not have much say in the editing or the discussion agenda, but it's their reputation and their face that is ultimately associated with this propoganda.

At the very least, said pundits should be taking note of the reaction of the Rangers fans and demanding fairer coverage and production. After all, they might not have much say in the editing or the discussion agenda, but it's their reputation and their face that is ultimately associated with this propoganda.
Yes, fair point.
How difficult would it be to point out to the editing team that they are failing to represent the game in a manner which is both accurate and informative to the watching public?

Come on , we need to build bridges. What's selective editing among chums?
The BBC apology was forced. The agenda will slowly ramp up again.

Day one and already we have to have a word with them. Absolute joke

A few of us have already filled in complaint forms. It was clearly edited in a biased way.
Well done, but stand by for dissembling on a grand scale, obfuscation and a denial that would make a cat laugh.
You will be issued with a “prove it” type response, smug and patronising with an air surrounding it of “there’s bugger all you can do about it”
They will then give you means of escalating the complaint if you haven’t swallowed their initial fob off.
Much of the same will ensue, just reworded to sound as if they did something.
Welcome to the merry go round.

Caught our goals on sky in the build up to the scum game

They edited the same,showed the 3 goals and livis disallowed goal

Boyd made reference to them not showing Colaks goal which was disallowed

Bastards the lot of them
Boyd is becoming a hero off the pitch than he was on the pitch. And considering he's the spfl record scorer, that is some doing

The Club should send the BBC a great big card with strike 1 on it and have it published in the newspapers as an advert.

I’m happy the BBC are covering Rangers again as many fans miss out on their Rangers fix without them as a lot of fans especially older ones may not have internet and they still get their info from Tv and Radio.

What is even more encouraging though from reading this post is that the club seem to be letting them know the parameters of allowing them back and that they won’t stand for shoddy treatment again. By what I read on here it’s not exactly a secret who the editorial staff support and are ingrained in their negativity towards Rangers but I suspect Rangers have got friends further up the chain who know the importance of a good working relationship with the biggest supporter base and therefore the biggest potential viewership of their football shows.

I think we are very lucky now that we have such good fan media that we can ignore the noise from the traditional media if we want. Sky also have a decent respect for the club and the fans and I enjoy their reporting of the club

I’m happy the BBC are covering Rangers again as many fans miss out on their Rangers fix without them as a lot of fans especially older ones may not have internet and they still get their info from Tv and Radio.

What is even more encouraging though from reading this post is that the club seem to be letting them know the parameters of allowing them back and that they won’t stand for shoddy treatment again. By what I read on here it’s not exactly a secret who the editorial staff support and are ingrained in their negativity towards Rangers but I suspect Rangers have got friends further up the chain who know the importance of a good working relationship with the biggest supporter base and therefore the biggest potential viewership of their football shows.

I think we are very lucky now that we have such good fan media that we can ignore the noise from the traditional media if we want. Sky also have a decent respect for the club and the fans and I enjoy their reporting of the club
Think there were uncomfortable questions asked from London as to why BBC Shortbread couldn't get a sniff of an interview, or so much as a soundbite, from anybody from one of the teams in a major Eurpoean final, especially considering that you could nearly kick a ball from the Pacific Quay CSC to Ibrox.

Genuinely don't think the higher ups were aware prior to Seville, and told them to get it sorted.

What I don’t get is why they don’t/can’t do their job. I’m Rangers daft. I see everything through a Rangers prism. However, if I’m a professional pundit, I do my job. I can admit when Celtic are ahead of us. I would cover all angles. I see no point in doing what they do. It’s just pathetic at best and bigoted at worst.
Asked and answered mate.

I think they also edited the push on Goldson for their disallowed effort.
It looked as if some frames were missing from the video, to make it appear that contact was minimal if anything at all. Miller appeared to be playing their game too, implying Goldson was at it.
I was shouting for it, before the ball was anywhere near the net.

Now that would be worth examining and highlighting if true. Our Zapruder (sp) film.

Well done, but stand by for dissembling on a grand scale, obfuscation and a denial that would make a cat laugh.
You will be issued with a “prove it” type response, smug and patronising with an air surrounding it of “there’s bugger all you can do about it”
They will then give you means of escalating the complaint if you haven’t swallowed their initial fob off.
Much of the same will ensue, just reworded to sound as if they did something.
Welcome to the merry go round.

Good post.

The Sky Sports highlights on YouTube didn't show the offside goal at all.

Noticed this too. The highlights started with Livi's goal, followed by the poor header that could have made it 2 0. This was then followed by the second half breakaway by their big striker. I thought I was watching a different game.

I said at the time that the 'apology' wasn't anything of the sort, it was just weasel words from a rancid organisation that has no business dealing with our club. They should have been made to list their wrongs and apologise for each one. Instead they gave us, 'we've apologised for shortcomings in private, and are happy to repeat that'.

Simply not good enough, and the first day of the season isn't even over and they're at it again. Cut ties with these scumbags, let them rot. I'm so glad they haven't had any of my money, I urge all Rangers fans to stop paying these bastards their tv tax, fuck them.

I dont pay and Ive told them why. I dont care if its just some dude at a call centre. If enough of us told them it would start to sink in.

Then those people need fired.

That’s why we were wrong to accept the truce in the first place.

None of those ignoring the so called BBC standards were taken out of their organisation.
There is a desperation amongst a cohort of our support to see a deal with the BBC. I genuinely do not understand where that desire comes from. They simply hate us. The whole BBC Scotland outfit is a nationalist union hating canal that sees us as a focus for their hatred.

That won’t change until the people working there are changed. That isn’t going to happen.

Celtic fans can’t act professionally when it comes to Rangers.

Hatred is ingrained into them.

It's also part of the bigger put refs under pressure policy.

Back