Official Women's Euro 2022

Well done England and this will be a massive boost to girls in the UK to try the sport.think of all those millions of dads who go to the football up and down the country and can dream of seeing their daughter have a career in football
It's fairly on the rise and glad to see it. Said on here that I coach step daughters team and girls are fantastic, many are very girly girls you would never imagine being interested in the game, however they come along and fall in love with the sport in the same way the boys do.

Now was the standard of that match the same as the men's game? No where near it but if it inspires more and more girls to play the sport then brilliant.

Really rather enjoyed that. If you do not watch it through the prism of men's football it is well worth a watch.

Well done ladies, great result.
That’s it. Whatever level of football you watch and enjoy there are still moments of skill, stupidity, joy, despair and drama.

Dismissing this as worthless because the standard isn’t as good as the highest level of the mens game is like dismissing the SPFL as worthless because our standard isn’t as good as the EPL and La Liga. That was the first game of the tournament I’ve watched and just enjoyed it for the close fought match it was.

Going to turn into TN8 and start smashing things if the DJ doesn’t stop playing songs I absolutely fucking despise.

That awful freed from desire and now that fucking dreadful mind numbing Dua Lipa song.

Can of juice needed. Anyway, well done ladies.

Well done England.
I can have a chuckle at the seethe that will be forthcoming from every Scottish nationalist from Sturgeon down to the halfwits that think Braveheart was a documentary.
As for some of the , ahem, more traditional comments from men, do any of these chaps have daughters, sisters or wife's who enjoy playing the game?

That’s it. Whatever level of football you watch and enjoy there are still moments of skill, stupidity, joy, despair and drama.

Dismissing this as worthless because the standard isn’t as good as the highest level of the mens game is like dismissing the SPFL as worthless because our standard isn’t as good as the EPL and La Liga. That was the first game of the tournament I’ve watched and just enjoyed it for the close fought match it was.
You'll get folk slagging it that will watch or play Sunday league and think they are the dogs bollocks.
It is what it is. Folk should enjoy it for what it is.

It's fairly on the rise and glad to see it. Said on here that I coach step daughters team and girls are fantastic, many are very girly girls you would never imagine being interested in the game, however they come along and fall in love with the sport in the same way the boys do.

Now was the standard of that match the same as the men's game? No where near it but if it inspires more and more girls to play the sport then brilliant.
My mate back home had been involved In womens football for years and for much of that time he was banging his head against a brick wall but in the last few years more and more young girls are coming to his club to try the sport

Great game, well played England. No holding back in any of the tackles. Hard fought victory

Every post on this page bar a couple has been about the difference in quality between today and men's football. It is just such a pointless way to look at it. It is the best women players in Europe competing against one another on a level playing field. Trying to shoehorn a completely different game into it is completely missing the point.

That was everything you want in a final; Players run into the ground, some excellent skill, some drama, a late winner and pure emotion when the final whistle went.

Tremendous

Gonna be a lot of small minded chip on the shoulder Scot’s spewing in there porridge now.
Wasn't even on BBC One in Scotland, I flicked through some of the regional ones and Scotland was the only one that didn't have it on.

Fair play to them, different story if Popp plays but that’s the luck you need to get over the line in tournaments, full credit to them

Watching the swimming.
Nae issues with England wummin winning the final, but the standard of their game is f.ucking dog shit.
I watched St Mirren v Motherwell today that was the steam off a dog shit. Everything in context and maybe after another few decades of being professional then the level will be considerably different. All I saw tonight were 2 squads playing their heart out to bring some joy to tens of thousands of fans in their home countries and showing 100.% respect for the game of football. No hissy fits, no prima Donna moments, no millionaire tantrums and sense of entitlement and that's why I quite like the women's game.

well done England women, you will inspire a generation of girls to take up football. Fantastic.
That’s my view on women‘s football, it’s not something I’m interested I’m really at all; but I do love that my wee granddaughter can have the same dreams of being a professional footballer, playing for Rangers and playing in a World Cup that I had as a kid.

Yes, it’s just as unlikely to happen, but at least if she grows to love football then she can have those dreams and know that its possible for them to come true. I think that’s brilliant to be honest.

Back