Sands tonight

Was a weird performance. For much of the match I thought he did really well, but he had a couple of real howlers. Thought he was going off, not when the Referee f*cked it up but when he lunged into a tackle not long after being booked for the same thing earlier.

Strange performance from him. I like him but he was very erratic tonight. Real mix of good and awful.

Thought he was good at times then really sloppy at other points. Plus he was diving into some dangerous tackles on a yeallow. Purely because I feel more comfortable having a left footer and lcb, I’d be bringing Davies in to play next to Goldson. Also thought Davies came on and looked quite assured.

The group chats probably sum it up. He was excellent in a lot of what he done but gave away at least 3 sloppy passes which could have cost us.
Aye, that's the general consensus, couple of sloppy passes, but strong in the tackle and timing, if he can cut out that side of the game, then hopefully can do a job for us.

Was a weird performance. For much of the match I thought he did really well, but he had a couple of real howlers. Thought he was going off, not when the Referee f*cked it up but when he lunged into a tackle not long after being booked for the same thing earlier.

Strange performance from him. I like him but he was very erratic tonight. Real mix of good and awful.
Both lunges were as result of mistakes by others. The 2nd which I think was due to a poor pass from Tav was a perfect tackle. Takes some balls to make such a challenge when already on yellow.

I like the fact he is aggressive in the tackle, his passing tonight was abysmal but the same could have been said about the rest of the team at times!

I like him

Get Davies up to scratch and I wouldn’t be adverse to Sands having his turn in the midfield on occasion. There’s something about Sands that I really like. I think he can be coached into a top player.

He gave away a couple with sloppy passes but goldson was more culpable with that tonight and a few others, doesn't really get mentioned though.
Sands was left one on one quite a few times tonight and every time managed to stop the player. Was thrown under the bus with a pass from our keeper and recovered the situation really well, otherwise it was probably a goal. Overall he had a really good game in my opinion.

I thought he had a cracking game tonight, but in a few group chats half saying he was great and the other half saying he was poor, so thought I'd ask for opinions on here, no doubt it'll be 50/50 going by what folk have been saying already.
Gave the ball away too easily too often for me. But besides that, I thought defensively he was excellent. Just needs to slow it down at times

His problem Is he tries the difficult passes , straight into midfield and as he is on his wrong foot they can be under hit. He has been told to do it no doubt .
I thought he was very good over the piece , quick , decisive, passed well except those two but tbh most players do that! If you focus on a player you will see mistakes and that’s what is happening with Sands.

Noticeable how often he took, or was given, the ball to play it forward. Has always been Goldson previously but Sands we making the plays from the back. A few worrying passes that he'll need to cut out but to be on a booking and play like he did takes some amount of composure. Can see why Gio likes him to play alongside Goldson.

We shouldn’t be experimenting with midfielders in defence in big games.

He had several potentially very costly passes.

Leon Balogun was sitting about 5 rows in front of me in the main stand tonight.

He should have been playing alongside Goldson, not Sands.

Both lunges were as result of mistakes by others. The 2nd which I think was due to a poor pass from Tav was a perfect tackle. Takes some balls to make such a challenge when already on yellow.
They were. Balls indeed, and it turned out he timed it well, but it was a gamble going for it. The wiser decision was to simply hold his man up.

He gave the ball away twice - hardly awful.

Hes actually a very able defender but as others have said it was his use of the ball that gave me the gary glitters. Mind you Goldson and McLaughlin were the same. I thought too many sloppy passes throughout but fantastic result given we were far from our best.

PSV a definite upgrade but I think we are at our best when we are underdogs.

He looked shaky to me tonight. He had a couple of bad passes that seemed to knock his confidence. He started pre season in excellent form, but the last week he hasn't maintained that form. He's is worth sticking with though as he might settle down. .

The stray passes were in bad areas, saying that I think he looks composed and had a decent game, prefer him in front of the CB's

Latest posts

Back