Mitrovic incident yesterday

I think the comparison to the Fernandes one was he put his arm to one of the assistants in the 7-0 humping by Liverpool?

I think the comparison to the Fernandes one was he put his arm to one of the assistants in the 7-0 humping by Liverpool?
Yeah I think Fernandes was making contact with the linesman but made it look like he was just tapping him on the back as he almost collided with him.

He lost the plot and deserves all he gets

No comparison to Fernandes. Yes he’s in the referee’s ear constantly, complains about every decision he etc, but Mitrovic took it to another level yesterday
He's referring to Fernandes pushing a linesman out of the way a couple of weeks ago. It was slight nudge in the back but nothing like Mitrovic yesterday

I've never once said Mitrovic shouldn't get a severe ban. He should, 6 games minimum but likely closer to 10.

But all these pundits about referees deserving respect. You have a Man Utd player, captain no less, who screams in faces of referees constantly, acts aggressively towards them and nothing is ever done.

By all means make an example of Mitro but about time action was taken on Fernandes

Mitrovic probably saw the replay of the Willian handball back and instantly went "I've made a big mistake"

I expect he probably called the ref a cheat, Silva probably did as well but when you look back at footage, the call was correct which is the worst thing for Fulham here. Probably lost their talisman for most of the season now

It’s not even remotely comparable to Fernandes ffs.

Mitrovic shoves the ref and then gets right in his face. Should be 10 games at least if the FA have any balls.
Fernandes pushed the linesman in the back at Anfield 2 weeks ago.

Should've been carded and i was also waiting on him to be carded in the game. Prick

the ref was reaching for the card before he touched him. might be two red cards. he obviously called the referee something serious. probably accused him of cheating or something

It’s like being back in the old days of Sir Alex and Howard Webb with the nonsense United get away with. Fenrnades in particular has been able to escape several red cards for reasons known only to the officials.

That being said, Mitrovic is an absolute helmet and let his team down big time. What an absolute weapon. Silva was just as bad in his post match interview, trying to deny any wrong doing.

There's been a few comparisons made between the two, so for those that haven't seen both:

Fernandes incident

Mitrovic incident

Fernandes is an absolute prick but I’ve never seen him push a referee then get right in his face shouting at him.

That one with the linesman isn’t even close.

Expecting him to get a 6 game ban minimum for this but FA are opening a major can of worms.

Bruno Fernandes does similar most games with zero punishment. Can't help but feel if that incident is a Utd player yesterday it goes unpunished.

Mitrovic always been a crazy b*stard mind you.
Fernandes didn't do similar. He gave the linesman a wee shove, it was naughty and should have got a one game ban for it.

Mitrovic was all out aggressive towards the referee, barges him, shouting in face and pushing him back. Deserves everything he gets.

The FA should this to clamp down on abuse of match officials. Players will moan etc as it's an emotional game but anyone manhandling or intimidating an official should result in a lengthy ban.

Mitrovic was twice shown the red card, not sure exactly what that means if anything. May just be the ref reiterating that he should gtf.

No he threw the first red in Willians direction then sent Mitrovic off.

Expecting him to get a 6 game ban minimum for this but FA are opening a major can of worms.

Bruno Fernandes does similar most games with zero punishment. Can't help but feel if that incident is a Utd player yesterday it goes unpunished.

Reputation rather than supposition.

That’s a very good point. Punish the guy from the “wee” team? Both should get a ban.

There's been a few comparisons made between the two, so for those that haven't seen both:

Fernandes incident

Mitrovic incident

If you are saying they are remotely similar then you are wrong

Fernandes - small nudge, no aggression, doesn’t even look at the lineman

Mitrovic - went for the referee, up in his face, aggressive push. Red actively backing away and him getting closer and more provocative to the point others players feel they need to intervene to stop anything from happening

Btw I hate fernandes too

Latest posts

Back