Raskin out of the next 2 under 21 Belgium matches.

I'm going to go with optimism here, not playing u21s will mean he has much better recovery time and if he was to get injured, now was the time to do it with the international break upon us.

Send him home from treatment
just-stop-cut-it-out.gif

We're coming out of that though, bar one or two players. Souttar is back, Jack is back, Davies is staying fit, Colak is back; Beale has slowly been bringing players back, and it is now plainly obvious that our fitness levels are increasing with each game.
You're spot-on mate but it's still been a sore season. Raskin looks fit as %^*& at least so fingers crossed it's all good. I'm desperate for that guy to wreck the tims in the semi-final.

Players are coming back?
I never said they weren't, but that doesn't change the fact we are normally really unlucky when a player picks up a minor injury, in that he ends up out for longer than initially said. That's why people fear the worst here, and you can't really blame them

Just seen his Instagram story.

The evidence from weekend was clear and I have said it all season. When we rotate 2 of Jack/Kamara or Lundstram together in midfield we lose so much creativity, play is slowed down and majority of passes are simple, side to side or uneffective.

We really need to go and try sign another Raskin type midfielder in the summer. There is no need to play 2 defensive minded midfielders in the league. It's our weakest area of the pitch.

Keep 1 of Jack or Lundstram, sell Kamara and get players like Raskin to upgrade the midfield and this team would compete for the title no problem. The middle of the park is killing us.

I have no idea if it’s good news or bad news.

Good news - he’ll be rested up for returning after the break.

Bad news - it’s worse than we initially thought.

With all parties stressing that it’s just a minor problem, I’m expecting the latter.
It’s never good news for a player to be injured.

You're spot-on mate but it's still been a sore season. Raskin looks fit as %^*& at least so fingers crossed it's all good. I'm desperate for that guy to wreck the tims in the semi-final.
He seemed to be struggling during a full 90, which for a player not having played much since November is perfectly understandable; I'm not sure he has played for a team that play at our pace ever either! Once he's up to speed we will have some player.

I have no idea if it’s good news or bad news.

Good news - he’ll be rested up for returning after the break.

Bad news - it’s worse than we initially thought.

With all parties stressing that it’s just a minor problem, I’m expecting the latter.

With our luck / history it pays to treat every injury as a, minimum, 3 month thing.

Anything less than that is a bonus.

I never said they weren't, but that doesn't change the fact we are normally really unlucky when a player picks up a minor injury, in that he ends up out for longer than initially said. That's why people fear the worst here, and you can't really blame them
Not now though, we are now becoming a very difficult side to live with again. Our fitness levels are getting to where they should be.

Last edited:
With our luck / history it pays to treat every injury as a, minimum, 3 month thing.

Anything less than that is a bonus.
You always worry with the club, that you are drip fed the bad news. Hence the senses heighten when an injury is announced.

He seemed to be struggling during a full 90, which for a player not having played much since November is perfectly understandable; I'm not sure he has played for a team that play at our pace ever either! Once he's up to speed we will have some player.
Do you think we play fast football?

That’s surprising.

As much as I fear the worst, the more rational explanation is that he's went from little football to plenty of minutes in a short space of time, which will often lead to niggles.

Obviously with it being us it'll end his season.

Just seen his Instagram story.

The evidence from weekend was clear and I have said it all season. When we rotate 2 of Jack/Kamara or Lundstram together in midfield we lose so much creativity, play is slowed down and majority of passes are simple, side to side or uneffective.

We really need to go and try sign another Raskin type midfielder in the summer. There is no need to play 2 defensive minded midfielders in the league. It's our weakest area of the pitch.

Keep 1 of Jack or Lundstram, sell Kamara and get players like Raskin to upgrade the midfield and this team would compete for the title no problem. The middle of the park is killing us.
I'm liking every word m8
Think you've got it spot on

He's went from not playing for 6 months to every game. Makes sense. Look forward to him coming back for the last game before his contract expires.

I didn't actually catch the fact he wasn't there until the team was announce but was U21s the reason he wasn't in the squad Saturday?

Do U21s games usually take place outside of international breaks?

I'm going to go with optimism here, not playing u21s will mean he has much better recovery time and if he was to get injured, now was the time to do it with the international break upon us.
Don’t expect the negative Nellys on FF to be so optimistic.

Do you think we play fast football?

That’s surprising.
More than merely "fast". Yes, quick passing, but the key component is the variance in positions individual players take up; being good enough in natural ability to do that.

Back