Raskin out of the next 2 under 21 Belgium matches.

Just seen his Instagram story.

The evidence from weekend was clear and I have said it all season. When we rotate 2 of Jack/Kamara or Lundstram together in midfield we lose so much creativity, play is slowed down and majority of passes are simple, side to side or uneffective.

We really need to go and try sign another Raskin type midfielder in the summer. There is no need to play 2 defensive minded midfielders in the league. It's our weakest area of the pitch.

Keep 1 of Jack or Lundstram, sell Kamara and get players like Raskin to upgrade the midfield and this team would compete for the title no problem. The middle of the park is killing us.
Very good post. Only thing I’d argue with is to keep both Jack and Lundstram as it makes sense to have 2 players cover for this role.

It’s part of most football supporters make-up to be as negative as possible - I always feel a bit ill with a 2 goal lead - so “little calf niggle” becoming “major surgery, possible amputation” is perfectly normal, particularly on here.

Yes, the dramatic reaction to an injury; it begins, again.

Aye because there's absolutely no reason to be concerned.

Yilmaz pulled a hamstring - typically a 4 week injury. Out for months.

Lawrence - took a knock and is now out until the start of next season.

Roofe is Roofe.

Goldson is the only player I can remember in years who has came back on schedule.

The evidence from weekend was clear and I have said it all season. When we rotate 2 of Jack/Kamara or Lundstram together in midfield we lose so much creativity, play is slowed down and majority of passes are simple, side to side or uneffective.

We really need to go and try sign another Raskin type midfielder in the summer. There is no need to play 2 defensive minded midfielders in the league. It's our weakest area of the pitch.

Keep 1 of Jack or Lundstram, sell Kamara and get players like Raskin to upgrade the midfield and this team would compete for the title no problem. The middle of the park is killing us.
Olaru of Romania

Roofe is Roofe.

Goldson is the only player I can remember in years who has came back on schedule.
It’s perfectly understandable why we fear the worst when it comes to injuries.We had Yilmaz miss 19 weeks with a hamstring injury. We lost Lawrence for a season after GVB stated categorically he was “ fine”.

People acting nonchalantly regarding Raskin being injured are the ones I’m wary of.

It stuck out like the proverbial sore thumb.

It's been a problem for long enough, too many players of a similar defensive mindset in the engine room.

It's telling that Raskin has only been here five minutes, and he was already a glaring miss on Saturday.

There are serious flaws in our training methods and our treatment plans, luck is 25 percent or less we had half the team unfit this year mostly at the same time

Almost like we don't actually have a world or even regional leading medical team on board. Wonder which employees remit they sit under? Not as if we haven't had several other occasions this season when injuries simply haven't been managed properly.

Getting most players back from injury as it happens, so I’d suggest we aren’t doing much wrong under Beale.

This season’s injury problems were from Gio’s time

was it not down to playing 27 games in the first 3 months, including 10 high intensity European matches

compared to 19 games in the following 3 months, all domestic ?

Why did we let him out of our sight?

Saying that its probably a good thing hes as far away from our medical team as posible

Why did we let him out of our sight?

Saying that its probably a good thing hes as far away from our medical team as posible
Think once he's called up he has to report and then obviously be assessed would imagine he will be sent back at some stage very soon.

was it not down to playing 27 games in the first 3 months, including 10 high intensity European matches

compared to 19 games in the following 3 months, all domestic ?
We have had similarly hectic schedules previously with no huge issues.

It’s clear to anyone with a functioning set of eyes we weren’t fit enough earlier in the season, we were a yard off the pace, and that’s all on Gio.

There’s no other team I know who has the number of injuries we do.

And no chance it’s down to “bad luck”

With Virgil van Dijk the latest Liverpool player to succumb to injury, it means only six Reds have yet to miss a game due to a fitness issue in 2022/23.

It’s to do with the number of games players are being asked to play.

Watched a bit of the Man Utd v Fulham game last night, commentator was mentioning the Man Utd players out injured, said something along the lines of no team in Europe have played as many games as Man Utd this season. Yesterday was Man Utd’s 46 game of the season. Guess what we have played 46 games already this season.

When we played Eintracht Frankfurt in Seville it was only their 48th game of the season, it was our 65th.

teams that play the most games get the most injuries, due to the stress on players bodies.

Roofe is Roofe.

I was as concerned as everybody else at one time, I won't stay concerned if things are improving though; are they not improving?

Back