Tottenham after Postecoglou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ange Postecoglou is a good manager. He’s not a great manager, but he’s been good enough to win 5 out of 6 trophies in Scotland (well, 4 out of 5 so far, but you know).

You might want to qualify that to say that he’s only good at beating weaker teams. But he’s done that consistently over two full seasons. Including beating some that weren’t weaker - Rangers teams under two managers, and occasional European opponents.

If Steven Gerrard had stayed, would he have won the league in 2021/22? I doubt it, because he had mentally left already, and only had a lead due to early stumbles by Postecoglou’s team when he was just in the door. Did Gio blow a lead? Not really, because Postecoglou just kept winning - Gio did as well as Gerrard, other than head-to-head with Postecoglou. For two seasons, Rangers (under Gerrard, Gio and Beale) have amassed points totals usually good enough to win the league - but Postecoglou has done better.

Is he good enough for Spurs? I doubt it. But Spurs don’t have the choices they would like, and they seem to believe he could do a turn for them. He’ll certainly play a style they want.

So it looks like the early doubters were wrong, and Spurs will offer the job to Postecoglou. They probably already have, to his agent, and the deal is all but done. Would Postecoglouturn it down? Not a chance in hell. I expect he’ll be confirmed next week.

Who will replace him at Celtic? I don’t see Rodgers going back; I don’t see Moyes leaving West Ham; I don’t see Stevie Clarke wanting the job. Scott Brown? Really? I think it leaves Celtic with a problem, especially as many signings, especially the Asians, are there because of Postecoglou, and now may not want to stay.
It would leave Celtic with a few problems alright. Firstly finding someone decent to replace him and then how they deal with the current playing style. Not many are as attack minded and if they decide to alter then a transition period will be required where they will struggle.
Still think he's daft going to Spurs as a bit of a grave yard for managers. Would need to evolve his playing style also if he wants to reach the league places the Spurs fans will demand

He has a massive ego and his stock in England now means he will be trawling the bottom of the epl for a job. Coming to Celtic he can massage his ego

He bailed as soon as Gerrard put up the first fight he encountered up here. He wanted no part of being the Celtic manager who possibly lost "ra ten" to us. Soon as he saw we were getting our act together he sprinted for the exit.

Can't see him further risking his reputation against a resurgent Rangers under Beale.

He has a massive ego and his stock in England now means he will be trawling the bottom of the epl for a job. Coming to Celtic he can massage his ego

Could be right, I actually think it’s his ego that will prevent him from taking the job!!

Leeds job could be a good one for him. Build them back up.

F*ck knows!!

A bheast getting put in his place on the spuds forum B-)

Screenshot-20230602-175450-Samsung-Internet.jpg

If he goes, let's be clear:

Scott Brown
Owen Coyle
Neil Lennon
Mark McGhee

None of the above are going to be anywhere near in contention. Any mention of them is a waste of time and space.

Similar to people saying Billy Davies or Alex Neil would be considered for our manager position.

Like AP not going to spurs? :shh:

By latest, you mean they have more than one?

Comparing a thread on a subject which, whether we like to admit it or not, directly affects Rangers to that filth should carry a ban.
Yeah. They started a new one in 2018. 11k pages!

Tim I know is desperately trying to talk himself into being alright with the possibility of Rodgers returning despite calling him 'a rat bastard' repeatedly for the past 4 years
They would be straight back on the train if he started well. Football fans are famously fickle.

I just can't see him and Lawwell working together again.

If he goes, let's be clear:

Scott Brown
Owen Coyle
Neil Lennon
Mark McGhee

None of the above are going to be anywhere near in contention. Any mention of them is a waste of time and space.

Similar to people saying Billy Davies or Alex Neil would be considered for our manager position.
No one, not even Lennon, thought he was getting it the last time. Then he was offered it in the shower after Lawwell gave him a gammy.

Tim I know is desperately trying to talk himself into being alright with the possibility of Rodgers returning despite calling him 'a rat bastard' repeatedly for the past 4 years
The problem with the tranny shagger is that if they do go for him and they get off to a poor start then the locals will be dusting off the sharks again.

Obviously Spurs are my second team and I’ve made it clear my view on whether I want him to go (I don’t!). But for what it’s worth I’ve heard a lot of rumour that Levy is only making a big deal out of AP to try and force Enriques hand who is still their top priority, and that it is very unlikely AP would go even if he turned them down. That’s from Spurs forums.

Obviously Spurs are my second team and I’ve made it clear my view on whether I want him to go (I don’t!). But for what it’s worth I’ve heard a lot of rumour that Levy is only making a big deal out of AP to try and force Enriques hand who is still their top priority, and that it is very unlikely AP would go even if he turned them down. That’s from Spurs forums
If Postecoglou isn’t interested then he could have categorically ruled himself out weeks ago.

He has consistently refused to do so, instead giving vague non-answers such as “I’m focusing on the cup final”.

Why not say “I’m focusing on the cup final and then looking forward to next season with Celtic. I will not be the next Spurs manager”?

He wants it. The only question is do Spurs want him?

Glorious if he goes watching a meltdown

If he stays its good because it will be glorious watching him implode when things don't go his way

If Postecoglou isn’t interested then he could have categorically ruled himself out weeks ago.

He has consistently refused to do so, instead giving vague non-answers such as “I’m focusing on the cup final”.

Why not say “I’m focusing on the cup final and then looking forward to next season with Celtic. I will not be the next Spurs manager”?

He wants it. The only question is do Spurs want him?
Of course he wants it! I agree he would have ruled himself out as others have. My point is from all the rumours Spurs don’t want him. Enrique is still their number one target. Interesting to watch AP try and back down from this and deny he was ever interested haha!

Either way it’s going to hopefully leave them in some turmoil. Certainly not the best way to prepare for a new season.
Of course he wants it! I agree he would have ruled himself out as others have. My point is from all the rumours Spurs don’t want him. Enrique is still their number one target. Interesting to watch AP try and back down from this and deny he was ever interested haha!

Scott Browns first interview as Celtic manager.

Reporter: “How does it feel to be the manager of Celtic, Scott?”

Brown: “Good….very good.”

Around 40 pages I held a similar view of why are we all discussing the filth manager so much. Then I read a few pages and a glorious world of arguments, not understanding betting odds and Fabrizio romano being a lawwell puppet unfolded.

A fantastic thread full of maniacs and all sorts of nonsense posted that’s cleaned up the rest of the forum. They’re actually discussing transfers in the transfer thread, long may the gravy guzzling fat disaster thread continue.

I was the same, now I can't help myself, turned into a great read, for anyone comparing this to the obsessed mhanks is nonsensical.

Imagine Celtic get beat off Caley tomorrow!!

Ange hated by the Celtic fans and the Spurs deal whipped straight off the table

There would be no redemption either.

He would be stuck there for a few months before he buggered off under a cloud
they already think it's won ,massive stage built outside celtic park for some sort of celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back