Official UEFA Champions League play-off round draw - Rangers or Servette v PSV or Sturm Graz

If it's anything like last years cl games I'd rather not bother.
Was a pure and utter embarrassment start to finish barring the qualifiers.
7-1 at home against Liverpool was probably one of if not the worst result in our history.

if we qualify, the packages will sell out very quickly.

I’d love to play Strum Graz if we beat Servette but I’ve a feeling both ties are coming too early for us.

Probably been asked a million times are we guaranteed Europa even if the Swiss team put us out ?

We've not exactly kicked on ourselves. They'll be big favourites. Its Servette we need to worry about anyway all my confidence in us getting by them has drained

Doubt they'll be big favourites mate.
More 50/50, if we both qualify.

They've definitely got the harder draw this round.
Sturm Graz are a better side than Servette.

Are PSV worse off than they were when we faced them last year?

I know they didn’t have a great league campaign and lost Ruud.

Have they lost/bought in any good players?

What relevance has any of this got to do with me saying whinging about playing the mentally challengeds a few days after PSV is embarrassing ?
A lot of European leagues tend to avoid scheduling big domestic derbies a few days after a team has played in a crunch European qualifier.
Given the regularity with which it happens, it is more than coincidence in Scotland, but we are used to that.
We know the authorities here are cheats and bend over backwards to accommodate the scum to give them every opportunity to win everything they can.
If we happen to win the league next year and secure, automatic qualification to a UCL group, I bet the schedules from the SPFL don’t have us playing against the scum until at least well after the UCL playoff round is completed.

Based on the comments at the fan engagement session around cities which are easily accessible I doubt the club will run a trip.

Sport Options might do.
I'm not hedging my bets for the club to do one, more for sport options, but I've never been with them before so probably way down the list

Best draw with the exception of playing home first. We have possibly the club world cup depending on how we do in europe this season. Saturday needs to be a 1 off, pre season however its not a surprise. Get through this round, then pickup some points in the europa, points are counted the same no matter what tournament your in. Wed be seeded in the europa so being honest, that would be my shout.

I’d personally take the europa group stages. I’m not 100% sure on the figures but surely a good run to the SFs won’t be too far off the CL group stages money when you consider we’re unlikely to get results in the CL.

Pessimistic I know.

6AHbfca.gif

Decent draw for us although there’s that constant thought that dropping to the Europa Group stage may be better for us in terms of competitiveness

I’d personally take the europa group stages. I’m not 100% sure on the figures but surely a good run to the SFs won’t be too far off the CL group stages money when you consider we’re unlikely to get results in the CL.

Pessimistic I know.
You think we will make the semi finals of the europa league?

Whats that based on?

I worry that our run to Seville has totally clouded many of our fans judgement on what a good run for us in Europe looks like.

Anything beyond the group stage is fantastic realistically.

You think we will make the semi finals of the europa league?

Whats that based on?

I worry that our run to Seville has totally clouded many of our fans judgement on what a good run for us in Europe looks like.

Anything beyond the group stage is fantastic realistically.
I think we have a chance of making the knockouts and by then we’ll have formed as a team, so yes I do.

I don’t think todays team will be the same in 3-4 months. It’s called progress.

I made this account last year after some of our (PSV) fans didn't behave very well to congratulate you on a well deserved win (regardless how painful it was at the time) and to tell Rangers is actually massively respected by many in Eindhoven. Personally really happy with Rangers, love the club, the atmosphere, and its whole history. I think PSV and Rangers also have a nice shared history together with historic matches and players who played for both teams (Tillman might be the latest addition to that list). Every match between Rangers and PSV is one for the books, two teams representing the beauty of how football once was. And not just new money.

In any case, if PSV and Rangers play against each other, don't hesitate to contact me about any good tips what to see and do in Eindhoven from a true local with good connections. And maybe we can have a beer as well. A real one, not that Amsterdam toilet water. Fully supporting Rangers against Servette (don't underestimate them they did well against Genk who did underestimate them).

PSV have gone a bit backwards personnel wise since last we played them, so this is achievable if we start playing more like how we expect, and less like Saturday.

Actually I would say we might be better than last year around the same time. We lost Simons but we bought back pretty decently. The real difference is that we have a new coach, Peter Bosz, who completely changed the way we play (far more offensive). It seems to fit the players and talents better. In the Super Cup match PSV was clearly better than Feyenoord [in their own stadium]. And PSV almost never plays well in Rotterdam. The worry is that we might still lose Ibrahim Sangare to Nottingham Forest (or any other team that might pass by). I think that would be even worse than losing Simons. But still, so far we got some great replacements and we are having a lot of confidence in both the new coach and the new technical director (Stewart).

Back