Official Michael Beale Contract terminated

Beale was doomed after the shameful display against the yahoos. Everything since then has just hastened his departure.

I’d just like to say, I definitely have not given up this season. I believe we can a tune out of this fiddle, and Steven Davis may well be the man to start that process.

The very best of British to him
Have you forgotten the players Beale bought?

As Roy Keane once said about winning and Football.." the first thing I always looked at when I walked into a changing room was the manager, who was he and what had he won, if he was a winner then he had my respect." The players have no excuses with Steven Davis.

Yes on many occasions. At much more trying times than this including upon the death of my father who I loved dearly.

You may not like it but humour is a release valve for some.

You may not like it but posting humour however self deprecating might not go down well when the whole of the support are looking for blood.

Nope. Called selling colak as a big error from my sun lounger on Florida at the time.
He was a man on course for 30 goal season before injury. Beale thought he didn't play the right way and he wouldn't build a team to suit him.
Scandalous

The right way being a goal scorer who scores goals.

Absolutely gutted with this window.

There was some poster saying greatest ever window before a ball was kicked and we could see it coming. 3 in 3 (years) is not rangers level for an attacker.

Only way he would is try to rebuilt a reputation he spent years building only to tear it down at chelsea

He looked like a rabbit in the headlights at the end of his Chelsea reign.

I'm not sure he is mentally strong enough for the Glasgow gold fish bowl.

He looked like a rabbit in the headlights at the end of his Chelsea reign.

I'm not sure he is mentally strong enough for the Glasgow gold fish bowl.

I'm not advocating him
Similar to your argument

We need a strong manager who doesnt give two %^*& who he pisses off to succeed .

Whatever manager it is, just go out and attack.

Europe’s a bonus. Group stages and maybe even some early knock out rounds will do fine for the moment, but we need to get back on it domestically.

I personally want Bielsa. He’s managed in the U.K., and in the Championship down south so he’s not a ‘huge leagues only’ type guy, but over and above everything, his teams just play relentless attacking football.

Sad for Beale himself but this was inevitable at the game against the filth.

I’m fine with Davis as interim and there is a bunch of guys there who know the club well.

However it’s so important the club get this next appointment right and that means not taking the lazy route like they did with Beale.

Nope. Called selling colak as a big error from my sun lounger on Florida at the time.
He was a man on course for 30 goal season before injury. Beale thought he didn't play the right way and he wouldn't build a team to suit him.
Scandalous
That, and sending Hagi out on loan. I don't see either of them as wonderful players, but they were contributing (and Hagi was just back), and they're better than some of the dross that he brought in.

As I said before I wanted Beale as I thought he could have been a great manager. How wrong was I? I think he is a coach and not a manager. Maybe he will still try to be. We were maybe too big a club and too early in his career. Anyway, disappointing that it didn't work. The board have a hell of a job finding the next manager as he has to be the right fit this time.

I don't think he's that great a coach if he's into this training with heave legs malarkey.

Fatigued muscles/bones etc damage easier...so I don't get how the 2 work, especially with some of our players who were bought or signed on the cheap because they suffer injuries easier.

Take no joy in anyone losing their job, however it is the correct decision.

Some of the personal attacks on Beale however have been way over the score on here imho.

It hasn’t worked out, it happens in football.

All the best Michael, hope you rebound from this and build yourself a decent managerial career.

I don't think he's that great a coach if he's into this training with heave legs malarkey.

Fatigued muscles/bones etc damage easier...so I don't get how the 2 work, especially with some of our players who were bought or signed on the cheap because they suffer injuries easier.
Is that not the fitness coach that advises about that? I could see the benefit but yes I agree regarding injuries.

Don’t even know where we will start with a shortlist.

I’d be on the blower to SG if he wasn’t sunning it up in Saudi.

I must admit, I was all for Beale coming back. However you have to be honest and admit that it has been a failure. Not keen on interim appointments so I hope we are already some way down the road in identifying our new manager. I fear however, that with no football hierarchy in place, the board probably have no clue what to do next.

Fair enough short term but we HAVE to have a proper manager in coming out of the international break.

Wouldn’t be opposed to Davis being part of a new set up but definitely not manager.

We are a joke. Laughing stock. Title hopes over before October. Rudderless. Managers lasting less than 18 months or so.
Will the board get it right this time?
That's the spirit!

Whatever manager it is, just go out and attack.

Europe’s a bonus. Group stages and maybe even some early knock out rounds will do fine for the moment, but we need to get back on it domestically.

I personally want Bielsa. He’s managed in the U.K., and in the Championship down south so he’s not a ‘huge leagues only’ type guy, but over and above everything, his teams just play relentless attacking football.
He won't wear a suit though which won't go down well the traditionalists on here.

Think he wanted to succeed but he was never what our club needed. I never bought into him. Don’t hate the guy but not a Rangers manager.
Yea, he would have put forward more desire to manage us than anyone else at the time, there’s no doubt it was his goal and he would’ve had every intention on becoming a great.

But whatever he has been trying hasn’t worked, and shows no sign of working at all. Then you add in we let Morelos go for nothing and spent a fortune on players fucking nowhere near his level whatsoever. There’s no excuse and his sacking is entirely just.

Surprised the board have acted now, thought they might have waited till the international break. But I'm glad they've done it, it was only a matter of time and the sooner it was done the better chance we have of saving the season.

Class and temperament are hardly the only qualities to be manager of a club of our size. We don't need another inexperienced project manager at the helm. At the moment I don't know who I want as I just feel depressed about the current situation despite agreeing that Michael Beale's time was up mainly due to player acquisitions but then we should have had a DoF in place.
He's an interim manager, if he had all the qualities he'd be a permanent manager. Doesn't mean he cant do a good job in the interim.

Back