Official Michael Beale Contract terminated

For context ange was 73% and hes laudex. The issue was the games,beale lost were all massive ones

This, not all games are equal, win 48/50 and lose 2 that are cup finals, you have a great win % and no cups. This is just an illustration before anyone says you would win the league winning 48 games.

Correct decision, but in still sad it came to this.

I believe he genuinely had the club at heart and wanted to turn things round. Thankfully the board did the right thing.

I hold no ill will to Beale, and hopefully we can drive on from here.
A balanced post. He was out of his depth and there were too many question marks against what he was trying to do.
The guy is human and had all his family/ kids at school here, there are no winners in this whole episode, we try and move on.

For context ange was 73% and hes lauded The issue was the games,beale lost were all massive ones

That’s an interesting comparative stat.

As you highlight, it’s a redundant one but as I said above it was more tongue in cheek.

In the last few weeks there’s been some kind of “Gio wasnt all that bad” revisionist sentiment.

If we’re staring down the barrel in 12 months again I would expect people to be berating the new guy and saying “Beale won 71%. It wasn’t so bad back then”

We need to get past this myth that we have no money. The accounts aren’t out yet, but it’s likely we’ll have turned close to £100M this year. We can afford a very good manager.
We should be bursting the bank for a top manager; the most important person at the football club. A good manager will get the best out the playing squad, so increasing their value and in effect paying for himself.

A balanced post. He was out of his depth and there were too many question marks against what he was trying to do.
The guy is human and had all his family/ kids at school here, there are no winners in this whole episode, we try and move on.

See the sad thing is, see if he had set the team up against the beggars similar to the first half yesterday we would have beat them. It was a real sliding doors moment.

Correct decision, but in still sad it came to this.

I believe he genuinely had the club at heart and wanted to turn things round. Thankfully the board did the right thing.

I hold no ill will to Beale, and hopefully we can drive on from here.
It's not his fault he was offered the job way too early in his career. Genuinely believe it was his dream job and he felt he couldn't turn it down in case the opportunity never came around again. I'm sure even he would have liked a bit more managerial experience under his belt though. Fact is, he should never have been offered the job when he was. I hope he goes onto a successful career whatever path it takes. He was just the wrong person at the wrong time for us.

Beale was doomed after the most recent shameful display against the yahoos. Everything since then has just hastened his departure.

I’d just like to say, I definitely have not given up this season. I believe we can a tune out of this fiddle, and Steven Davis may well be the man to start that process.

The very best of British to him
Fixed that for you. He had a couple last year too.

Wake up after the afternoon drink snooze & it’s over.

Have not got a clue what’s next.

Whatever manager it is, just go out and attack.

Europe’s a bonus. Group stages and maybe even some early knock out rounds will do fine for the moment, but we need to get back on it domestically.

I personally want Bielsa. He’s managed in the U.K., and in the Championship down south so he’s not a ‘huge leagues only’ type guy, but over and above everything, his teams just play relentless attacking football.
The present Manager of Uruguay.

Beale will walk away from this a very wealthy man as will his coaches.

I have absolutely no sympathy for them,they let us down whilst raking it in and they will all find a new employer soon enough.

It’s absolutely nuts how many managers we’ve been through since Super. Is this the new norm? I know this had to be done and would go as far as to say that it was kind of inevitable after the two cup defeats last season but it still feels strange having this revolving managerial door. Even if we end up with a successful manager, because of where we play, we run the risk of him being poached down south.
When this thread popped up earlier I said it to my other half and her reaction was “fucking hell,again?”.
She has no interest in football and has only lived in the country since 2016!

The club is pleased to announce that Steven Davis will lead the interim management team.

The team will consist of former Rangers player and hugely experienced coach Alex Rae, former Rangers player and current coach Steven Smith, coach Brian Gilmour, and goalkeeping coach, Colin Stewart.
Hopefully only short term

Sometimes you get a new manager bounce, I doubt we will here, Beale signed half the squad, don’t think stopped playing for him, they just don’t have the quality…got the feeling players will blame fans here for this and things will remain toxic for some time

It's interim ffs, just to see us over until the new manager is announced.

Who would you have in the interim? Eck? Warnock?
Have eck in a minute, managerial experience, what we gonna have now?
More inexperience.

This is not a good choice for interim management, unless we're getting someone in pronto!

As I said before I wanted Beale as I thought he could have been a great manager. How wrong was I? I think he is a coach and not a manager. Maybe he will still try to be. We were maybe too big a club and too early in his career. Anyway, disappointing that it didn't work. The board have a hell of a job finding the next manager as he has to be the right fit this time.
I was the same, I thought we’d our very own Eddie Howe.
Not beating the tims in any meaningful game last season had me worried, gave him the benefit he was working with Gios leftovers.
Not revamping the defence in the summer was the second alarm.
Seeing New signings underperform at rugby park and leaving the pitch clearly non plussed didn’t fill me with confidence we’d bought winners.

The board need to ‘invest’ in a new Manager. Beale was a cheap option and he shopped for players in the damaged goods aisle.
No more experiments please.

It’s a sad night for the club. He had to go as the team were rudderless and he’d lost the fans, but it’s never nice to see this happen. Happens too much at our club recently. I used to be proud of how few managers we had in our history. Now we’re spitting them out like any other club. No brainer, but the next appointment has to work. Too much of a gap with the Tims for it not to.

Where does that 71% win rate stack up with others?

Just concerned in a year people will be saying 71% was a good effort
It is a good effort. It's just harder than ever to win league titles.

I've never checked it, but I'd guess confidently that Tavernier has a higher win percentage than a lot of other Rangers captains too. It's just unfortunate Celtic have been setting a higher standard.

“Therefore, the decision was reached today to terminate the contract of the manager, as well as the contracts of coaches Neil Banfield, Damian Matthew, Harry Watling and Jack Ade.“ useless c**ts. Charlatans the lot of them

Will Christopher Biggins get to keep his cap though?

The last part of John Bennet’s statement gives me optimism:

“The search process for the new manager is already underway. I wish Steven Davis and the interim management team every success - they will remain in charge for as long as it takes to make the right appointment.”

Back